ImageImageImage

OJ MAYO QUESTION

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#21 » by GopherIt! » Thu May 22, 2008 8:54 pm

MP Eagle,

I live in SoCal and have been pimping him a long time. I want him not for something silly reason like TV ratings. I want him because he is, in my position as self-appointed couch-GM, 1) clearly the third best player in the draft, 2) fills a glaring team need we have at SG and 3) fits nicely with our young core of Foye, Brewer and Al in the line up.

I really thought he'd be headed to either CHI or NY courtsey of David Stern's voodoo. The Wolves really lucked out in my opinion in getting the third pick and opportunity to select him. I am really hoping they do so.
MP Eagle
Freshman
And1: 0

not saying that they are right.. 

Post#22 » by MP Eagle » Fri May 23, 2008 9:54 pm

but is just funny how every mock draft have Lopez coming to yall over mayo... yall are drafting for talent over need...but everyone is projecting yall will draft need over talent.
"Killing is my business, and business is good."
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#23 » by 4ho5ive » Fri May 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Its not as though the draft is next week, we still have a ways to go with workouts and such. And I have seen several mock drafts that havent taken all the factors necessary for each team yet so im not even really following mock's just yet.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,605

Re: not saying that they are right.. 

Post#24 » by shrink » Fri May 23, 2008 11:16 pm

MP Eagle wrote:but is just funny how every mock draft have Lopez coming to yall over mayo... yall are drafting for talent over need...but everyone is projecting yall will draft need over talent.

Two points:

1. The national sports media barely notices MIN. An hour before lottery time, the biggest event this year for the wolves, Sportscenter had our odds of winning the Top Pick at 15% and MEM at 11%. We tied, and both had a 13% chance at the top pick -- and NO ONE at ESPN even noticed!

All I'm saying is that don't put too much faith in what the national people say about MIN -- they probably haven't put any time into their opinion.

2. Even if they listed Lopez over Mayo in earlier mocks, there have been a number of articles in the last few days that have said Mayo is the clear #3 pick, and maybe even #2 pick, in this draft! At a minimum, MIN would draft Mayo and trade down, so I really doubt we'll see MIN take anyone but Mayo.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves