ImageImageImage

If Mayo does go 2nd.... How much for Beasley at 3

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,978

If Mayo does go 2nd.... How much for Beasley at 3 

Post#1 » by Chi town » Sun May 25, 2008 1:11 am

Beasley does not fit well with MIN as they want to move Jefferson to the 4 and get a defensive C to go alongside big Al.

How about Hinrich and Noah for the 3rd pick. That's much better than Beasley going #2 and MIN getting Lopez 3rd.

Noah would be a nice compliment to Al and Hinrich could solve MIN's PG issues and play alonside Foye.

I also want to go on record as saying I will not be surprised if MIA did go with Mayo instead of Beasley. Mayo is advertising himself as a PG by the way too.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#2 » by AQuintus » Sun May 25, 2008 1:18 am

As I see it, Hinrich's terrible contract and the year that he had makes him neutral value at best. So the deal is basically Noah for Beasley. Noah had a pretty decent year and would be a good fit next to Al, but he is not now nor will he ever be worth Beasley straight up.

Call me a homer, but I would say that any deal that involves Beasley going to Chicago from Minnesota would have to center around Rose coming back to Minni.

Edit:
AQuintus wrote:I seriously doubt that a three team trade would happen, but does anyone here think that this would be good value for all three.

CHI GETS: 2nd pick (Beasley) + Randy Foye + Antoine Walker (expiring)

MIA GETS: 3rd Pick (Mayo) + MIA future 1st returned + Future CHI 1st

MIN GETS: 1st Pick (Rose) + L.Hughes

Chicago gets the player that best fits their team in Beasley, gets a dynamic guard that can get attack the hoop in Foye, and loses a bunch of salary by replacing Hughes with Walker (and they still get a hometown guy back :) )

Miami gets the guy that they apparently like the second best in this draft in Mayo, and they also get two future 1sts (both likely outside the lottery)

Minnesota gets the pure point guard with superstar talent that they desperately need next to a post player like Al Jefferson, and they will finally be able to say that they got a first overall pick.

I posted this in another thread here. I would really appreciate it if you could give me a Chicago fan's perspective of how close or far away this deal is.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#3 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun May 25, 2008 1:22 am

Should've drafted Noah last year, itd be sort of a buzz kill giving up the 3rd overall this year to get him.

Plus I doubt we'd give up Beasley for that, and itd definately have to have Rose come to Minny, where we'd end up paying in more picks to Chicago along with Beasley.

I honestly hope we just stand still. And whoever falls through the cracks we take between Rose Mayo and Beasley. All 3 would fit in good in Minnesota. To say Beasley wouldnt is insane..the whole moving Al back to 4 is overblown, and if so, we just slide Beasley to the 3. All we need is a big man to help on defense, Al can score against 4's and 5's
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#4 » by the_bruce » Sun May 25, 2008 1:29 am

meh this is dumb both Beasly and Al can slide positions and still be dominant Beasly not fitting next to al is like saying PB&J doesnt go together.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#5 » by deeney0 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:33 am

Too bad Hinrich is BYC until June 30 - Noah + Hinrich would be an interesting package for 3. I don't think Chicago has anything else that could make up the value difference between Noah and 3. BYC's on Noah and Nocioni make them both virtually untradable before the draft.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#6 » by the_bruce » Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 am

I think hinrich is meh....

The only acceptable deal for me for beasly would be...

Noah + Deng for Beasly + (some incentive that isnt brewer\foye\al)

MN could take back a bad contract, give MIA + BOS 1st etc, but I think the gap is pretty substantial in terms of high end of beasly compared to both these guys. Plus Deng is gonna need a contract...

Noah\Al\Deng\Brewer\Foye

Even still I'd rather have Beasly and just sign some role center to rebound.

<c>\Al\Beasly\Brewer\Foye
invno1
Starter

Post#7 » by invno1 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:45 am

Hinrich is very good, Bulls just havent used him right and Gordon in there dont help. Noah is a scraper
very willing to do the dirty work and hustle.
I do that deal without even thinking about it if the Bogat deal isnt real.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,383

Post#8 » by shrink » Sun May 25, 2008 1:55 am

First, I'd hang onto Beasley at #3. I disagree with the OP that he can't fit in MIN. Al played Center more than PF last season, and the Wolves can go Gomes/Beasley/Al against small line-ups and Beasley/Al/FA Center against big ones. You don't give up potential superstars, and Noah is not a potential superstar.

However, if the deal is Noah and Hinrich, at least spin Hinrich to a team like POR that can give us some assets for him. I don't know what the offer they like is.

Is Deng BYC, just like Hinrich?
shrink
RealGM

Post#9 » by shrink » Sun May 25, 2008 1:57 am

I suspect that if Pat Riley doesn't like beasley, at a minimum he makes that pick and trades it.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#10 » by andyhop » Sun May 25, 2008 1:59 am

shrink wrote:First, I'd hang onto Beasley at #3. I disagree with the OP that he can't fit in MIN. Al played Center more than PF last season, and the Wolves can go Gomes/Beasley/Al against small line-ups and Beasley/Al/FA Center against big ones. You don't give up potential superstars, and Noah is not a potential superstar.

However, if the deal is Noah and Hinrich, at least spin Hinrich to a team like POR that can give us some assets for him. I don't know what the offer they like is.

Is Deng BYC, just like Hinrich?

Basically he is a RFA and would have to agree an extension before a deal in which case would be.

Noah is the sort of roleplaying center I'd love to have next to Al ,but obviously not at this cost.

Hinrich is OK if he goes back to his previous form but nothing special.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun May 25, 2008 2:07 am

shrink wrote:I suspect that if Pat Riley doesn't like beasley, at a minimum he makes that pick and trades it.

Whos he goin to trade it to? Obviously if everything goes to plan, we'd be the only team to trade with Miami.

I am totally against that.
shrink
RealGM

Post#12 » by shrink » Sun May 25, 2008 2:08 am

He says he wants to win now. He doesn't have to trade it to us.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#13 » by TheProdigy » Sun May 25, 2008 4:30 am

There's no need to trade with Miami. We can simply sit back and relax. At the worst we end up with Beasley or Mayo. Either player will fit in just fine. Most people view their tweener status as a negative, but with the Wolves it can be viewed as a positive. The Wolves already have a lot of young players that want to start, so adding versatile players will allow the front office more flexibility in shaping the roster.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#14 » by TrentTuckerForever » Sun May 25, 2008 4:41 am

That Tom Cruise pic freaks me out, DaKid. Seriously.

Mayo isn't going #2. Riley's no fool... going by ceiling, a 6'4", athletic true point or 20/10 power forward are more valuable than a 20/5/5 guy (that's Rose, Beasley and Mayo, for those of you scoring at home.)
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#15 » by Tekkenlaw » Sun May 25, 2008 4:53 am

I agree with DaKidKG.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#16 » by andyhop » Sun May 25, 2008 11:34 am

TrentTuckerForever wrote:That Tom Cruise pic freaks me out, DaKid. Seriously.

Mayo isn't going #2. Riley's no fool... going by ceiling, a 6'4", athletic true point or 20/10 power forward are more valuable than a 20/5/5 guy (that's Rose, Beasley and Mayo, for those of you scoring at home.)

To put OJ's ceiling at 20 ppg doesn't make sense ,he has shown enough to have a ceiling that is as high or higher than players such as Redd,Maggette and Jason Richardson who all averaged 22ppg+ this season.

Jamal Crawford averaged 20 ppg this season and you think that is OJ's ceiling?
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
MN Die Hard
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#17 » by MN Die Hard » Sun May 25, 2008 2:29 pm

IF we have the good fortune of seeing Beasley slip to #3, we draft him in a heartbeat and dont look back. Noah and Hinrich doesnt do it, and to be honest Deng doesnt do it for me either.

But the Heat wont pass on Beasley. If the rumors are true that they like Mayo, at the very least they'll get their future pick back from MN to swap places. They wont just take Mayo at #2 without getting incentive, even if they truly like him better than Beasley.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#18 » by deeney0 » Sun May 25, 2008 2:34 pm

I love Mayo, but there is a tangible talent gap between him and Beasley/Rose. I think Riley's Mayo talk is just that, talk, but if he does end up taking him, we draft Beasley and smile contently to ourselves the rest of the draft. No need to trade. Beasley gives a lot of flexibility to this lineup.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun May 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Again, I cant stress this enough. We let Miami make the pick, and sprint up to stern after that and dont trade with them.

Keep their pick. Its as easy as that. This is quickly becoming a 3 player draft. Not just a 2. If Miami wants to take Mayo, theyll probably take the heat(no pun) from national media, but then we get Beasley and dont trade whatsoever.

3rd is a great place to be in. Especially when youre holding the team above you 1st round pick rights
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#20 » by prefuse73 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Again, I cant stress this enough. We let Miami make the pick, and sprint up to stern after that and dont trade with them.

Keep their pick. Its as easy as that. This is quickly becoming a 3 player draft. Not just a 2. If Miami wants to take Mayo, theyll probably take the heat(no pun) from national media, but then we get Beasley and dont trade whatsoever.

3rd is a great place to be in. Especially when youre holding the team above you 1st round pick rights

Amen. If Beasley drops, you take him and run. I would be very excited to see what either Mayo or Beasley can bring to this team. I will say that I would like to see Beasley measure out to 6'10 in shoes and not be like 6'8.75 or something like that.

We had our best successes against phoenix and GS because of our small lineup. Beasley greatly improves that lineup. When we play the "normal" teams, Beasley can play the three and brewer slide to sg. either way, a threesome of jefferson, beasley and foye can do some serious damage.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves