KG IN THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

KG IN THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#1 » by Krapinsky » Sat May 31, 2008 3:21 am

YEAHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have worked out better. KG gets his shot at a ring. Wolves got Big Al and a promising future.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#2 » by Cyborg21 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:23 am

:clap: :rock: :bowdown:
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#3 » by cpfsf » Sat May 31, 2008 3:27 am

Lakers versus Celtics sweeeeet. I want to see these two teams play on Christmas also. When the Celtics do beat the Lakers, we are going to have to hear from Lakers fans "but, but, but, Bynum was injured".
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#4 » by PeeDee » Sat May 31, 2008 3:37 am

Congrats to KG. I hope he and the rest of the Celts bring all they've got against the Lakers, they'll need it.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#5 » by theGreatRC » Sat May 31, 2008 3:39 am

Celtics ftw!
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,290

Post#6 » by Calinks » Sat May 31, 2008 4:01 am

Man I hope KG wins it but I have to give the edge to the Lakers. The Celts have been pretty weak when clutch time comes up. Come on KG you can do it!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#7 » by TheFranchise21 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:08 am

Calinks3 wrote:Man I hope KG wins it but I have to give the edge to the Lakers. The Celts have been pretty weak when clutch time comes up. Come on KG you can do it!

That's what I've been thinking but after tonight, you have to give them a little credit. They put away the Pistons on Detroit's home floor.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#8 » by Tekkenlaw » Sat May 31, 2008 4:33 am

It's a shame I'll be rooting against him.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by TheFranchise21 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:36 am

I have to admit, I'm really really happy to see KG in the finals. I wanted the Cavs to win but at this point the Celtics are the team I'm rooting for. To finally see KG in the NBA Finals, even though not with our team, makes me happy.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#10 » by TheProdigy » Sat May 31, 2008 4:37 am

I'm very happy for him. This will probably be his last chance at a ring so I wish him luck.
delux55
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#11 » by delux55 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:21 am

I wish him luck but at the same time I hate cassel more than any other nba player so I dont want to see him get another ring
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#12 » by the_bruce » Sat May 31, 2008 5:26 am

gratz KG

I dont think the Celtics can take out LAL though, but I'll be rooting for them.
kandiking
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by kandiking » Sat May 31, 2008 7:44 am

i dislike KG now, but i've loathed kobe for a while. go celtics i guess.
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
MVP4LIFE
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#14 » by MVP4LIFE » Sat May 31, 2008 10:44 am

"Go Celtics"

It's just fantastic to see KG make it to the Finals. As much I would have loved to see him get there with the Wolves, I'm just so happy right now.
"Watching his work ethic, his dedication and, again, his passion that he brings every single day. It's something that I've looked at and said that if I had to design a NBA player, I'd first design him with the heart of Kevin Garnett." Jet
gjn19
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#15 » by gjn19 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:47 am

Another Conf Finals loss for Flip.

The 4th quarter was embarassing for the Pistons and they didn't deserve to be in the finals. also, KG shied away from shots and missed 2 clutch free throws late in the game. Complete opposite on what happened the previous game. He still doesn't get that he has to play in the post. Cassell can't do anything anymore. Perkins is a banger...impressing. Posey could give bryant some tough nights.
The celtics play some great team-defense...very smooth, i'm surprised that after one year, the established this. PG's are questionable...look for Fisher to heat them up.

Talent-wise, the celtics are ahead of the lakers, but i thinkn coaching could make a difference here. It's gonna be a close series...the hca could be the deciding factor. but i see the chances as 60-40 to the lakers, just because of Phil.
tsherkin wrote:Sam's the king of the herky-jerky setup move, he's like 800 years old and STILL drops 30 on folks some nights...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,517

Post#16 » by shrink » Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 pm

I was surprised how casually KG took the win after the game, unlike Paul Pierce. KG is all business.

I'm happy the Celtic's have Posey. I hope Kobe doesn't get too many phantom calls.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#17 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat May 31, 2008 3:41 pm

I hope the C's win.

LAL will be tough..especially since they have the ZEN.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#18 » by Klomp » Sat May 31, 2008 3:52 pm

I really am to the point where I don't care who wins, but I just want to watch some good basketball.

It would be nice if Garnett won, and I would be ecstatic if he did. However, this postseason, I have been in awe of what Kobe has been doing.

May the best TEAM win.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#19 » by deeney0 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:54 pm

Celtics in 4, please.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,290

Post#20 » by Calinks » Sat May 31, 2008 5:02 pm

I want KG to get that ring but man. I have been watching the entire playoffs and Boston has made way too many stupid mistakes. They do stuff that championship teams just CAN'T do. The Lakers have been the most poised team in the the playoffs. I don't recall ever seeing that team look scared or panicky. Same went for the Spurs until the Lakers started putting them away at the end of the series.

Boston has been surprisingly horrible in the clutch and closing out games. They panic and just mess it up. People are afraid to take shots and then when they do they aren't confident enough and they miss.

It's just bad business, they have made strides in the Detroit series and that last game they did an excellent job closing out but I'm not convinced they are suddenly finishers. I think in order to win the finals they will need to blow the Lakers out or at least win by a large margin in one or two games. In most cases if the games are close I have to go with Kobe.

Kobe is like a serial killer right now. When the opportunity arises, he wants to kill you. He doesn't think twice, he wants you dead and he will do whatever it takes to make it happen. Nobody on the Celtics has that mentality. The only guy who I think could do that sort of thing on some level this year is Ray Allen but he has been struggling.

Also, Posey will not be able to do much to Kobert. Bowen is a better defender and he didn't do crap. Kobert is capable of locking down Paul Pierce or Ray Allen. Lamar Odom could give Pierce fits as well with his size if he plays SF. The only player who I think has a clear advantage is KG. Gasol is a great player but KG is more talented on both ends of the floor. I think for the Celtics to win KG is going to have to have a HUGE series.

They will have to go to him down the stretch and he will need to PLAY INSIDE like we have been screaming for years. Problem is, he was been in the league for 14 years now and it is very unlikely he will suddenly change and start taking over in the paint or even attempting it. It just seems like the Celtics have to have a lot of "if's" happen in order to pull this out and the Lakers are pretty much set the way they are. Hopefully I'm wrong.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves