ImageImageImage

Kevin Love 6'7.75" Without Shoes

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,388

Post#61 » by shrink » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:13 pm

mandurugo wrote: Sorry, Al Jefferson is simply not an all-star yet. I understand what you're saying, I only object because the consensus seems to be with you - that he's "basically" an all-star already. He's very good, Timberwolves fans would love to treat him like he is - but he's not.

I agree with you that "basically" an All Star is not the same as being an All Star, and I resented when Laker fans said the same thing about Lamar Odom.

However, Wolves fans have a point when you look at al's numbers last year:

#11 in the NBA in PTS
#4 in RB, (#2 in ORB)
#13 in BLKS

I doubt there are six forwards in the West that put up better numbers than that.

Wolves fans should say, "Al Jefferson put up All Star numbers"
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#62 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:36 pm

mandurugo wrote:
Sorry, Al Jefferson is simply not an all-star yet. I understand what you're saying, I only object because the consensus seems to be with you - that he's "basically" an all-star already. He's very good, Timberwolves fans would love to treat him like he is - but he's not.

Let me ask you this, would you take Carlos Boozer and David West over Jefferson? Those guys are both all stars and Jefferson isn't, but I sure as hell wouldn't trade Jefferson for either of those guys. Or Dirk for that matter.

Being an official "All Star" doesn't really mean much to me
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#63 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:59 pm

Jefferson was skinny, Boozer has always been ripped. I'm talking something close to 12.5% bodyfay on 250 and 6'9".
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#64 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:50 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:Jefferson was skinny, Boozer has always been ripped. I'm talking something close to 12.5% bodyfay on 250 and 6'9".

So he worked with Norton and Doo to create a training plan, and the first step was to strip him down and get him as lean as possible. For a guy who first reported to the Celtics as a rookie with just under 25% body fat, there was a long way to go. So Jefferson hired a personal chef, and overhauled his diet with the help of a nutritionist. Norton says that Jefferson must have called him "literally 50 times" from the supermarket or restaurants looking for advice on which foods were better for his body. While he'd work out with Norton and Doo in Waltham during the day, he was going to Doo's house at night to get in his second workout. Jefferson constantly credits them with dedicating their time to him over the summer, but the coaches talk about how Jefferson really started responding to the training when he could see the results in his game.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#65 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:57 pm

Nice. I had no idea. That's somewhat inspiring since I believe Love has a similar drive to improve his game.

Thanks Devilz.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#66 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 6, 2008 8:45 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:Nice. I had no idea. That's somewhat inspiring since I believe Love has a similar drive to improve his game.

Thanks Devilz.

I was actually surprised by Love's BF %, he must've gotten in better shape since the end of the season. Also he looks really thick, if his % is that low (considering how thick he looks), with his % + his combine numbers, it makes me think he's got a pretty solid block of muscle under there.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#67 » by deeney0 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:07 pm

Or a giant tumor.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#68 » by mandurugo » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:34 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Let me ask you this, would you take Carlos Boozer and David West over Jefferson? Those guys are both all stars and Jefferson isn't, but I sure as hell wouldn't trade Jefferson for either of those guys. Or Dirk for that matter.

Being an official "All Star" doesn't really mean much to me

I guess the reason I don't think Al is an unofficial all-star is that his complete game needs a lot of work. He does have some very gaudy numbers to his credit - but he is not very good at improving the offense of the team. Somehow his abilities should be able to make the wolves better, and they don't - this could be the quality of his teammates, the coaching, whatever. I also am not too convinced by the improvement in his defense - it has a long way to go before it's at all-star level. I don't think I would trade him for the all-stars you mentioned, but they do manage to put up their all-star numbers on successful teams, something Al has never done. I'm not trying to suggest he isn't a very good player, or that he'll never become an all-star, but until you're a great player on a good team... I don't think so. Numbers on a crappy team aren't that impressive.
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#69 » by Frozen316 » Sat Jun 7, 2008 10:22 am

Since when is defense played in all-star games?
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#70 » by mandurugo » Sun Jun 8, 2008 12:56 am

Frozen316 wrote:Since when is defense played in all-star games?

Touche, definitely a point to you! Still, I think to be selected you must be more well rounded in your game - if you are you will be a greater benefit to your own team as well. Putting up all-star numbers is a great step, but if other parts of your game hurt your team it's not enough.
invno1
Starter
And1: 9

Post#71 » by invno1 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 2:25 am

LBJ or possibly Paul is the only player I would trade Aj for. Aj is a super freak, Dont think a trade for Howard would do it either.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves