ImageImageImage

Magic Grizzlies Wolves Heat

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#21 » by cpfsf » Tue Jun 3, 2008 3:13 am

bruceallen61 wrote:oh nod but even still...

This trade..
Lopez + #22 + 2009 top 20 protected draft pick

Just taking Lopez @3 and keeping players..
Lopez + mia pick + 34 + McCants

See how MN actually loses assets by doing this trade?

its just god aweful....

If MN is drafting Lopez they surely wont send out McCants.

*I removed the #34 pick

Lopez V Mayo V Beasley V Rose (not going to argue this cuz I really just want to see how fans value our players, not the #3 pick)

#22 Robin
Big Al can play PF
Good complement to Big Al coming off the bench because he is good at D
Chris Richard can play PF
Craig Smith can play PF
Ryan Gomes can play SF
Robin + Brook would likely want to stay because they are both here
Robin + Brook have years of chemistry together
Don't have to resign McCants
Robin can make 4 players at least play their natural position, which shows he would have a pretty big role

Miami pick V Orlando pick
*Miami won't "give" us the pick in the top 10 pick, they will tank games if they have to. Heck, we never give our pick to LAC (gotta love the Mark Madsen shooting 3 strategy...clever)
*In the 2009 offseason, the Heat are going to have a lot of cap space. And there are at least two possibilities. Carlos Boozer who has a home in Miami, hinted at the fact he wanted to play there, and the fact Boozer wanted to find a city that for his daughter that could offer better treatment for her condition (Utah Jazz PG Derrick Fisher left Utah for a similar reason). Then there is Elton Brand (less likely) was going to play in Miami, but LAC matched the offer. Point is, they will be aggressive the 2009 summer because they will definitely not be the 6th worst team in the NBA in the upcoming season and they won't will give up their first round draft pick anyway so they will bring in the FA's because their rebuilding would be over so they would have no reason to be a lotto team. It does not matter who we draft or who we trade, the summer of 09 is the year Miami is bringing in free agents.

and they would already have Mourning-Marion-Wade. Combine this with this years draft pick, a good free agent and they got themselves a pretty good lineup (especially in the East).

and, we get Critterton (meh, just thought I'd throw him there), a tall PG who played pretty decent after playing in Memphis even though they have a ton of guards (didn't really get a role in LAL). He would probably be the third point guard. I added him just because he is pretty good on D and does not necessarily have to play ever game.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#22 » by the_bruce » Tue Jun 3, 2008 6:32 am

cpfsf wrote:

*I removed the #34 pick

Lopez V Mayo V Beasley V Rose (not going to argue this cuz I really just want to see how fans value our players, not the #3 pick)

#22 Robin
Big Al can play PF
Good complement to Big Al coming off the bench because he is good at D
Chris Richard can play PF
Craig Smith can play PF
Ryan Gomes can play SF
Robin + Brook would likely want to stay because they are both here
Robin + Brook have years of chemistry together
Don't have to resign McCants
Robin can make 4 players at least play their natural position, which shows he would have a pretty big role

*Miami won't "give" us the pick in the top 10 pick, they will tank games if they have to. Heck, we never give our pick to LAC (gotta love the Mark Madsen shooting 3 strategy...clever)
*In the 2009 offseason, the Heat are going to have a lot of cap space. And there are at least two possibilities. Carlos Boozer who has a home in Miami, hinted at the fact he wanted to play there, and the fact Boozer wanted to find a city that for his daughter that could offer better treatment for her condition (Utah Jazz PG Derrick Fisher left Utah for a similar reason). Then there is Elton Brand (less likely) was going to play in Miami, but LAC matched the offer. Point is, they will be aggressive the 2009 summer because they will definitely not be the 6th worst team in the NBA in the upcoming season and they won't will give up their first round draft pick anyway so they will bring in the FA's because their rebuilding would be over so they would have no reason to be a lotto team. It does not matter who we draft or who we trade, the summer of 09 is the year Miami is bringing in free agents.

and they would already have Mourning-Marion-Wade. Combine this with this years draft pick, a good free agent and they got themselves a pretty good lineup (especially in the East).

and, we get Critterton (meh, just thought I'd throw him there), a tall PG who played pretty decent after playing in Memphis even though they have a ton of guards (didn't really get a role in LAL). He would probably be the third point guard. I added him just because he is pretty good on D and does not necessarily have to play ever game.

*You should remove mccants as you open biiger holes in the MN lineup by shipping him...

#22 Robin
WE DRAFTED LOPEZ IN YOUR SCENARIO WHY DRAFT ROBIN?!?
ALL POINTS BEYOND HERE ARE INVALID AS THE WOLVES WOULD NEED TO REPLACE MCCANTS AS SG THAT YOU SENT OUT IN THIS TRADE

HELLO MIAMI TANKING MAKES THE PICK MORE VALUABLE. ITS NOT LIKE THE WOLVES PICK WHICH IS TOP 10 THROUGHOUT??! IT DEGRADES AS TIME GOES ON MAKING PROGRESSIVE TANKING LESS EFFECTIVE....15,10,6,3,unprotected

2009 OFFSEASON??!?! WHO CARES THE MIAMI PICK IS AT LEAST AS VALUABLE AS THE PICK YOU RETURN IN THIS TRADE REGARDLESS OF WHAT SEASON YOU DO IT IN. IF THEY IMPROVE VIA FA AND THE MIAMI PICK IS RETURNED IN THE 20+ RANGE ITS THE SAME VALUE AS THE PICK YOU RETURN IN TRADE. IN THE SCENARIO WHERE THE WOLVES DONT TRADE IT. IT CAN STILLL BE 3+, 6+, 10+ IN THE FOLLOWING SEASONS

TRADE IS STILL AWEFUL...HAS NO LOGIC...SUCKS?

POST LESS THINK MORE.....

PS IVE BEEN DRINKING A TON AND I STILL HAVE BETTER THOUGHTS ON THIS TRADE THAN YOU?

PPS GOING TO PASS OUT NOW
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#23 » by cpfsf » Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:03 am

funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#24 » by funkatron101 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 12:09 pm

These trade threads are getting a bit silly, yes?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#25 » by theGreatRC » Tue Jun 3, 2008 12:16 pm

Get em Bruce!
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
MN Die Hard
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#26 » by MN Die Hard » Tue Jun 3, 2008 1:35 pm

cpfsf wrote:not a mayo v lopez v love discussion, this is a if mchale picks Lopez discussion......

Fine, take out Lopez and Mayo and you're left with:

McCants/future Miami pick

for

2008 #22, 2009 top-20 protected, and Crittendon.

Do you really think there's enough value there for the Wolves to drop from #3? It's pretty close to a wash IMO.

Take out everything else and just send Conley to MN. That's enough value to trade down IF IF IF Mchale intends to take Love or Lopez. But I, like most other MN posters, just prefer Mayo over the rest.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#27 » by the_bruce » Tue Jun 3, 2008 4:28 pm

rofl so awesome I don't even remember posting that!

ps Melo should take drinking tips from me and get cabs.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#28 » by cpfsf » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:08 pm

funkatron101 wrote:These trade threads are getting a bit silly, yes?

Yes, I actually like Mayo more :rofl:

I just wanted to see Wolves fans value.
Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#29 » by Winter Wonder » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:15 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:
TRADE IS STILL AWEFUL...HAS NO LOGIC...SUCKS?

POST LESS THINK MORE.....

PS IVE BEEN DRINKING A TON AND I STILL HAVE BETTER THOUGHTS ON THIS TRADE THAN YOU?

PPS GOING TO PASS OUT NOW

-----------------------------------------------------------------

rofl so awesome I don't even remember posting that!

ps Melo should take drinking tips from me and get cabs.

LOL OK, well, hmmmm.

The answer:

Don't Drink and...
Drive
Dial
Text
Type

Still, made me laugh.

Probably due to being there myself before....

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves