ImageImageImage

Gallinari

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Gallinari 

Post#1 » by Winter Wonder » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:06 pm

I never head anything on the results of his workout in LA minus someone saying he hit 24/25 threes. Anyone have any word on how it went or any links on it?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Re: Gallinari 

Post#2 » by revprodeji » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:19 pm

No link, I got a txt on it. He did hit 24/25 he appeared bigger than we thought (height and build) his ball handling was also better than we expected. Basically, he did great. They had a good convo, had some good food and the discussion went great.

My understanding right now is we still have a 6 man draft board. It likely goes like this
Rose/Beasley
Mayo

Love
Gallinari

Lopez
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Winter Wonder
Rookie

Post#3 » by Winter Wonder » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:28 pm

Greatly appreciated Rev!

I am not suprised he did well, but it is great to hear.

Your list is close to mine, though I have Gallinari above Love (and am not sure where I place Love).

If we stay at #3 Mayo or who drops.

If we trade back, Gallinari would make my offseason.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#4 » by revprodeji » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 pm

I think you are close. I think if we stay at 3 we pick Beasley/.Mayo if we trade down then Love/Gallinari depending on what the other starter is that we get back.

Lopez and Alexander are on the faaaaaaaaaaar outside.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#5 » by funkatron101 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 pm

I've been sold on Danilo for a while now. Even though most of us are on the Mayo bandwagon, I've still been pretty "meh" about him for some reason.

I think Mayo is the pick at #3, but I would be pretty happy if we got Danilo and a nice complimentary piece for Mayo.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Winter Wonder
Rookie

Post#6 » by Winter Wonder » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:16 pm

True.

I had assumed in a trade back we would be picking up a center type player or pick where we can draft one. Probably not best to pencil that in in a trade back, but I had believed that to be the most plausible scenario in a trade back.

Have you heard much else in trading back where we are picking up a piece that isn't a center or center prospect? I have probably seen too much of the Kaman/Bogut/Okafor (high end) Millicic/NJ Center prospect/Curry even (mid to low end) in the lotto picks following us to have considered otherwise. I suppose we could look to fall back further for a teens pick if the key component back is a young star type player, though I would rather go the other route with Gallinari plus center I think.
Wolfsbane
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Wolfsbane » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Winter Wonder wrote:I never head anything on the results of his workout in LA minus someone saying he hit 24/25 threes. Anyone have any word on how it went or any links on it?

Steve Aschburner wrote . . .
Gallinari: "The intriguing thing is he grew up as a point guard and, a couple of years ago, he shot up five inches. The great thing about him is how versatile he is. He handles the ball, he's still got those point-guard skills, he can go with the right or left hand. He's got a beautiful shooting stroke. He's going to be a mismatch nightmare on the offensive end. He can take guys off the dribble and with his ability to shoot the ball, people are going to have to play him honest and stay up on him. He will live at the free-throw line.''

Much has changed in the Minnesota front office, and international scouting department, since the team imported Gundars Vetra for 89 unwatchable minutes in 1992, had Andres Guibert mocked as the "Cuban Big Dog'' a year later and fell in love with Australia's Shane Heal from a pre-Olympic game in 1996. Rasho Nesterovic was a solid choice deep into the 1998 first round. But let's not forget Igor Rakocevic, either, an overmatched second-rounder from 2000. Might that track record argue against an overseas choice?

"Our European guys have been following [Gallinari] since a pretty early age,'' Hoiberg said. "We have a pretty good read on him. We've all seen him play live.''
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#8 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:26 am

I just think Gallinari would be an exciting guy to root for. I think Minnesotans would really grow fond of him. He's someone that would be interesting to read about and watch improve for the next decade.

For me Gallinari is #4 on our board right now.

I just like the idea of sliding Brewer to the 2. With the offensive prowess of Gallinari at the 3 and McCants off the bench Brewer's limited O doesn't even become a liability anymore.

If we can get Gasol and Gallinari for Mayo, I'd do it. Ideally, I'd want #5 + Gasol + Lowry for #3 + #34. Memphis could probably package the #34 and the #28 and move up in the first round if they wanted. If they really wanted Mayo, giving up Lowry shouldn't be too big a deal, considering their depth there.

Adding Gallinari just balances out the roster a lot better.

Just picking Gallinari:

Foye/Tellie
Brewer/Mccants
Gallinari/Gomes
Jefferson/Gomes
#31 (Hardin?)/Richard

With my proposed Memphis deal-

Foye/Lowry
Brewer/Mccants
Gallinari/Gomes
Jefferson/Gomes
Gasol/#31

That's a very solid 8 man rotation. And very long.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,628

Post#9 » by shrink » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:21 pm

Maybe his good work out will give the front office enough impetus to try to top NYK's offer of Lee + expiring for #6 + Cardinal?

McCants + MIA pick BOS pick? + expiring? That enough defered salary savings?

Or Walker and #31 for Darko + Cardinal?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:26 pm

Shrink, I would do that. It would be interesting.

I think Gallinari is our plan if we can get LaC or Mil to move their center and pick for our pick.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Supposedly you guys have a link that mentions Gallinari measuring in recently at 6'10" without shoes? If so, where's it (the link) at?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves