ImageImageImage

Beasley trade rumors

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Re: Beasley trade rumors 

Post#21 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:34 pm

I don't understand WHY Miami wants a guy who can play now. Marion can be gone next year. The only guy aging is Riley.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#22 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:38 pm

Riley is the guy making the call.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
deeney0
RealGM

Post#23 » by deeney0 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 am

I guess the way Wade plays, he could be halfway through his career already.
MNPups
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#24 » by MNPups » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:17 am

deeney0 wrote:I don't understand WHY Miami wants a guy who can play now. Marion can be gone next year. The only guy aging is Riley.

Actually, I believe that much of this uncertainty from the heat stems from them being in WIN NOW mode. Wade is a superstar NOW, the way he plays he will not be in his prime for much longer. He is older than most guys from the 03 draft. Say that Marion stays, around and they pickup some free agents in next years free agency, this team is NOT a young team when you look at the current landscape of the NBA. They have about 3 years to win and thats it.

Riley knows this and would be smart to trade out of the number 2 to get some more proven players, and pick more of a role player further down the lottery rather than someone who is supposed to lead a team right now. They can get better value for the 2 pick rather than choose Beasley or even Mayo. Especially if they can land Elton Brand with it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#25 » by shrink » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:19 am

And the only thing more important than keeping Riley happy is keeping Wade happy.

Wade experienced a ring. Anything less is a failure. He had to tolerate a lot last year, and he played longer than I thought he would, which tells me he has a passion to win. I think besides Riley trying to add another ring to his legacy, keeping Wade happy before he can sign elsewhere in 2010 is a very big deal for MIA.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#26 » by shrink » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:21 am

Oh, and imagine how you feel if you win a championship with Shaq, and then they trade him away and say, "But you've still got Blount!"

BRAND
deeney0
RealGM

Post#27 » by deeney0 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:27 am

Remember, if Miami is going to tank, they have to tank hard. The pick they owe us is only top 10 protected. Playing in the east, if they stay somewhat healthy, they can fall ass backwards to a 35 win season - some years, that's not good enough to crack the top 10.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves