ImageImageImage

What will be a good offseason for you?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

What will be a good offseason for you? 

Post#1 » by theGreatRC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:43 am

Give me details. I want to know what you guys are expecting from this offseason and what will make you happy.

Here is what I want:

-Draft Mayo. If we don't pick him, do the Mil trade with Bogut if that's really a possibility.

-Sign or draft a Center. I really want Diop badly, he is a poor man's Chandler with an even weaker offensive game :lol: . If we don't sign him, then at least draft some project centers, preferably a Euro.(They tend to be jump shooters than bangers, and that helps out Big Al)

-Find a way to get Marko off this team. If we can get our cap space low enough to be able to dangle money for a free agent next season, I would be so happy. This is most likely the least likely scenario on my wish list.

-Try to re-sign all our FA(Not Doleac). Gomes, Smith (i <3 Cookie), Bassy at a reasonable price.

-Trade Toine for something with value. Don't just buy out this cry baby Mchale..Get at least a decent back up Center or maybe a scrub tagged with a second rounder, he is after all a potential expiring contract. Just don't give up and buy him out.

Basically, I want to see either these two lineups.

Foye/Bassy
Mayo/McCants
Gomes/Brewer or Brewer/Gomes .. depends on if Brewer has made strides.
Jefferson/Smith
Diop/ 2nd rounder or Richard

or

Bassy/??*Second Rounder* Maybe Lester Hudson
Foye/McCants
Gomes/Brewer
Jefferson/Smith
Bogut/Richard

I want to see what everyone has in mind for their off seasons.. I'm not really looking for feed back on my post, but you are welcomed to criticize it or hail it.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Re: What will be a good offseason for you? 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Problem. We can't trade Walker for a player, resign all our free agents, sign a free agent and still have cap space next season.
MN Die Hard
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by MN Die Hard » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Trade #1 (w/ Memphis and Portland)
Memphis
Mike Miller and #28 for #13, Antoine Walker (exp), and Rashad McCants
Portland
Joel Pryzbilla, Jarrett Jack, and #13 for Mike Miller
Minnesota
Rashad McCants and Antoine Walker for Jarrett Jack, Joel Pryzbilla, and #28

Trade #2 (w/Dallas)
Jaric/31 to Dallas for Stack/51
Gives Dallas a better pick since they do not have a first rounder. Stackhouse waived immediatly.

Draft:
Mayo #3
Bill Walker #28
DeVon Hardin #34
Drew Neitzel #54

Resign:
Smith, Richard, Gomes, and Snyder but only if we dont have to overpay

Final roster
Foye - Jack - Neitzel
Mayo - Brewer - Buckner
Gomes - Walker - Snyder
Jefferson - Smith - Madsen
Pryzbilla - Hardin - Richard
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#4 » by karch34 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:03 pm

Mine would be pretty simple.

Draft Mayo at #3, Walker at #31, and then a big man like Hardin, Jawai, Pekovi, etc at #34.

Trade Jaric to New York for Jerome James (one year shorter and gives us someone who can play center) plus a future 2nd.

Use part of the MLE for POB, Diop, or Kristic.

Buy out Walker as right now I'd rather have the cap room, unless there's a great deal for us, which I just don't see.

Re-sign Gomes, Richard, and Telfair.

PG: Foye, Telfair, Mayo
SG: Mayo, McCants, Walker, Buckner
SF: Gomes, Brewer, Walker
PF: Al, Gomes, Hardin, Madsen
C: James, MLE, Richard
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#5 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 pm

my perfect offseason is to fill in the blanks

PG: Foye
SG: McCants
SF: Brewer
PF: Jefferson
C:

Combo guard w/ playmaker skills:
swingman: Jaric
Combo forward: Gomes
PF/C: Richard

thats my 9 man rotation, Brewer and McCants I don't like off the bench because they lack versatility, Brewer in his ball handling and shooting, and McCants in his everthing but scoring. I'd love to plug in Mario Chalmers into that combo guard off the bench role, but he might be gone. Another option is to move Jaric into the backup PG role and grab a guy like Walker or maybe even Forbes for backup swingman in the 2nd round. For the other 2nd rounder, a bigman with a little offense would be nice

For the #3 pick, I'd use that to get a center, maybe by trade (Okafor, Bogut) or maybe by draft (Lopez, Love)

If Beasley is available, I'm going to pick him and play him w/ Jefferson and Gomes and see if there's enough size there in the trio to get it done around the hoop

If it's Mayo and the Wolves really want to keep him, then I'd try to trade McCants s&t for Diop, or a 1st round pick to get a center; probably Hibbert or Jordan
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#6 » by collin_k41 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Ya I think we should just draft mayo at #3. Then I say we should resign Gomes and Richard, then trade Mccants for a mid-late first and take someone like speights/koufos/hibbert/ajinca/etc. I would really like us to grab Jason Thompson and Bill Walker in the 2nd if possible then sign POB for a couple years for cheap. Also, somehow I want to get rid of Antoine, whether it be via trade or buyout.

C:mid-late first/POB/Richard
PF:Big Al/Thompson/Gomes/Richard
SF:Gomes/Brewer/Walker
SG:Mayo/Foye/Brewer/Jaric
PG:Foye/Mayo/Jaric
JBoog35
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by JBoog35 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:47 pm

I have a sneaky suspicion that McHale and Wittman might run a 3 guard system next year if they end up with Mayo.

Foye
Mayo
McCants
Jefferson
Mid to Late first rounder after trade

or

Foye
Mayo
McCants
Gomes
Jefferson
"Dude, all I am saying is we already have a starting RB, his name is Chester Taylor. Besides AP isn't that good anyways. I hope we draft McFadden." --Me after he broke the record.
sgman01
Ballboy

Post#8 » by sgman01 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Any of the above are fine if we can add that McHale steps down and Freddy takes over. That would even offset drafting Love at #3.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#9 » by deeney0 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:21 pm

I don't expect any FA signings other than maybe a C for the minimum (POB?).

My ideal offseason would be draft Mayo @ #3, trade McCants and #34 for a pick circa #18 to draft Hibbert, draft another big with #31 (lets say Tomic) sign Gomes and Bassy to reasonable contracts, probably let Snyder and Craigers go (even though I love me my Craigers).

Foye/Telfair
Mayo/Jaric
Brewer/Gomes
Jefferson/Gomes
Hibbert/Tomic

Or thereabouts.
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#10 » by wolves_fan_82au » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:15 pm

trade Jaric or Walker for Ethan Thomas
#3-Mayo
#31-Walker
#34-Jawai
Re-sign-Gomes & Telfair

C-Thomas/Jawai
PF-Jefferson/Gomes
SF-Gomes/Brewer/Jaric or Walker/Walker
SG-Foye/Mccants/Buckner
PG-Mayo/Telfair

im a bit worried about Telfair though ,this was a contract year i dont think he will be so great next year

and does he wanna play backup????
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#11 » by revprodeji » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:my perfect offseason is to fill in the blanks

PG: Foye
SG: McCants
SF: Brewer
PF: Jefferson
C:

Combo guard w/ playmaker skills:
swingman: Jaric
Combo forward: Gomes
PF/C: Richard

thats my 9 man rotation, Brewer and McCants I don't like off the bench because they lack versatility, Brewer in his ball handling and shooting, and McCants in his everthing but scoring. I'd love to plug in Mario Chalmers into that combo guard off the bench role, but he might be gone. Another option is to move Jaric into the backup PG role and grab a guy like Walker or maybe even Forbes for backup swingman in the 2nd round. For the other 2nd rounder, a bigman with a little offense would be nice

For the #3 pick, I'd use that to get a center, maybe by trade (Okafor, Bogut) or maybe by draft (Lopez, Love)

If Beasley is available, I'm going to pick him and play him w/ Jefferson and Gomes and see if there's enough size there in the trio to get it done around the hoop

If it's Mayo and the Wolves really want to keep him, then I'd try to trade McCants s&t for Diop, or a 1st round pick to get a center; probably Hibbert or Jordan

I agree with your thoughts on this, I just see our rotation different. Here is what I see

4/5
5/4--Jefferson
2/3-Brew
2/3
1/2 Foye

What we see in the starting line up is that we need one more big guy to compliment Al. We also need a 3/2/1 playmaker with range. Someone who can be a #2 option. With the way Brew (2/3) and Foye (1/2) we can add anyone from Rose(1) Mayo (1/2) or Gallinari (3) to that role. I think finding these 2 spots will be essential to our team.

bench (I advocate a 9 man rotation)

True pg to play defense and handle the ball (dont turn it over) push tempo: Bassy
Scoring guard with range: Shad
Offensive Combo forward: Gomes
PF/C defensive:

Swingman who can play many spots:Jaric
Hustle big w/o much skill but heart: RIchard

2 things to note here, 1.) I do not have a role for Smith. I think if we upgrade the starting big spot next to Al we will notice no spot for Smith. It is sad, but true. 2.) If we resign Gomes+Bassy I honestly feel we add a defensive big (Hardin? Ibaka?) and our bench is nice.

I am a homer, but I think we are 3 players away from doing some good things. Some very good things. Get those guys, let them grow and make things roll.

I think we can do some of this in the draft, and maybe fill one of these with Walker on draft day. Who knows. I just think we need to address these 3 spots and let them grow.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#12 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 pm

if we draft a guard with the first pick, then I'd like to see MN go hard after Wilcox, maybe A. Walker/31 for Wilcox/Watson. Seattle fans would probably like to see more of a return for Wilcox, but chances are after this season Seattle doesn't want Wilcox back for financial and roster reasons and Wilcox doesn't want to come back for the same roster reasons. For MN though he'd be a starter off the bat and we could re-sign him for 7 or so million a year. It's a good deal from a front office standpoint I'd think considering their tenuous financial situation to get an expiring and non-guaranteed 1st rounder for all intents and purposes for somebody they're not going to re-sign and a soon-to-be backup PG making MLE money...probably unrealistic though, they haven't sounded too interested in adding any money.
MattyP
Ballboy

Post#13 » by MattyP » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:56 am

All I want is Mayo at #3 and no other picks or trades from that spot. Please make it happen Wolves.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves