Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,919

McCants' Blog Update 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:54 pm

http://www.rashadmccants1.com/node/85

My intial plan to workout in LA for a month soon changed after having too much fun in Miami. I decided to stay in Minnesota so that I could stay focused on basketball. It's for the best interest of my team and my contractual situation.

Watching the playoffs I found it hard to sit around and do nothing. Kobe Bryant is inspiration to become a better all-around player. Always been my fav all time player since Michael Jordan. Watching his approach to the game is amazing to see when great is what I inspire to be. Kobe is the next greatest...we work for the greater good....

So, now I'm here in Minnesota, lifting and working on my ball skills to become a more lethal threat on the hardwood. I've watched countless hours of film to understand what can be better in my game to help my team become a playoff contender. I've been with the Wolves for four years now, yet I still need to find my true fit with the team. This past year after working extremely hard to recover from microfracture surgery, I found myself coming of the bench being the sixth man and the second leading scorer. The only bad part about it was that I could have been twice as productive with more minutes. I would have been able to meet my individual goals, we could have won more games, and I'd be on my way to being a respectable player in the NBA.

The road is long to greatness. Now, it's the middle of June and my workouts are, as expected, extremely exhausting. My days consist of early morning workouts, then office work, then NBA 2K8, my fav game ever. They better update me this year, though -- that's not how I shoot. Hahaha.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Re: McCants' Blog Update 

Post#2 » by funkatron101 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:11 pm

He has great work ethic, and sometimes he says the right things, and then other times he seems to completely disregard his weaknesses.

If we draft Mayo, I'm sure he'll be sweating bullets.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#3 » by TheProdigy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:27 pm

The road is long to greatness. Now, it's the middle of June and my workouts are, as expected, extremely exhausting. My days consist of early morning workouts, then office work, then NBA 2K8, my fav game ever. They better update me this year, though -- that's not how I shoot. Hahaha.

Ok, so I'm not the only one that noticed that 2K8 butchered his jump shot.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#4 » by Wingman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:29 pm

His 2K8 shot has always bothered me. It's cool that he stayed here to focus, very mature. What type of "office work" does McCants do?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#5 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:37 pm

I think he needs more minutes too, but I also think he has to be willing to do what the coaches ask of him to earn their respect. Its probably hard to accept because he's a good player, but nobody has a problem with the things he does well like shooting and creating, its the lack of court vision and lack of focus on defense that relegates him to 6th man role.

If he always played to his potential he'd cut down on low percentage shots and turnovers. He's also shown impressive defense for brief spells; if he can bring that all together he'll never have to worry about being a 6th man again.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#6 » by TrentTuckerForever » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:54 pm

I think he's a goner as a Wolf. I like him a little, and think he can be an effective player in the league. As funkatron said, he does seem to disregard his weaknesses. I think he's going to get moved, and the shock of that will wake him up and make him more effective and consistent.

Assuming we draft Mayo, moving McCants is the right thing to do, even if he's averaging 20ppg for somebody next year.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#7 » by collin_k41 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Ya his shot looks HORRIBLE on 2k8..I've always liked Mccants but his frequent knuckle-head plays make it easier for me to want us to draft OJ Mayo which likely means an end to Mccants career in Minnesota. The kid has skills and I really hope he puts it all together even if it isn't in Minnesota.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#8 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 pm

I switched his release to Kickout I think it's called.

He still bricks all the time though. The only person I have faith in from 3 is Foye. He's constantly hitting big shots for me.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#9 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:12 pm

shut up shad, play some defense then youll get some run
delux55
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#10 » by delux55 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:28 pm

"I've watched countless hours of film to understand what can be better in my game to help my team become a playoff contender."

Doesnt seem that he is ignoring his weaknesses at all actually. He will never be a lockdown defender but has the heart and desire to improve on the defensive end. I'd like to see what he can do here in his contract year and improving on a couple areas of concern.

He is still easily the second best scoring threat on this team and the best outside shooter. If he could cut down some of the bulk and get his some spped back it would also be a great benfit for him and this team
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#11 » by Calinks » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:30 pm

LOL I told him to go down to 2K headquarters and make sure they get it right. His jumper is straight garbage in 2K8. Yea he has a lot to work on and I hope he is focusing on that during workouts.

Even if we do decided to keep him after we draft Mayo he could still get more minutes off the bench. What's crazy is that I saw him listed as a forward in the wolves site. What the heck it that? Maybe we plan to play him at more SF this year. Either way he could still get more minutes off the bench.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#12 » by Wingman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:13 pm

There are 96 backcourt minutes to be had, and I could see Mayo/Foye/McCants splitting that up nicely. Unfortunately we are going to give Marko a good chunk of those minutes.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#13 » by Calinks » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:16 pm

I say we send Marko on a nice long honeymoon.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#14 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:21 pm

It was pretty bad in 2k7 also. I always end up switching everyone's jump shot anyway. It seems like he still wants to be apart of this team and that he is working towards bettering himself. He needs to understand though that minutes arent given, they are earned and as a starter, he didnt earn his minutes, and his attitude left muc to be desired.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by TheFranchise21 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:07 am

Ironic how he doesn't mention a single thing about improve his defense. Did he not pickup from watching Kobe the importance of playing defense?

Rashad clearly aspires and works hard to be great, but he doesn't work on the right things. Isn't it pretty obvious by now he needs work as a defensive player? If he was actually adequate on D, he would've gotten those minutes he claims he would've doubled his production with.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,919

Post#16 » by Klomp » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:48 am

Maybe thats the all-around game he refers to?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#17 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:55 am

Well when he said all around game, I imagined he was talking about offensively. Cutting down TO's and trying to attack the basket more. Maybe he meant defense too, but they way I read it i dont think that is on his to-do list.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by TheFranchise21 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 am

4ho5ive wrote:Well when he said all around game, I imagined he was talking about offensively. Cutting down TO's and trying to attack the basket more. Maybe he meant defense too, but they way I read it i dont think that is on his to-do list.

Same here.

BTW, I liked how he listed his "meeting (his) individual goals" first. I'm not trying to make something out of nothing, but it sounds like he was bitter about his playing time and thus he wasn't able to meet his goals, which could've been the most important goal/thing to him.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#19 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:58 pm

I heard some negative on Shad last night. Some pretty negative stuff. I could see him being moved for less value than what we think. Sucks, I like Shad a lot.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#20 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Meh, i wont shed a tear if we trade him.

Wasnt a fan of him at the time we picked him

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves