ImageImageImage

Danilo Gallinari New Footage Mix (over 10 min long)!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Danilo Gallinari New Footage Mix (over 10 min long)! 

Post#1 » by Toxicity » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rwdsjq3WLE

Hi guys, finally i've finished my mix on Danilo Gallinari!

Over 10 minutes long with new footage... it may be not the greatest but it's the longest mix you can find on him... i hope you enjoy!

:rocking:
Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: Danilo Gallinari New Footage Mix (over 10 min long)! 

Post#2 » by Winter Wonder » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Have to say, I hadn't seen him on youtube before. A very nice mix.

I like his high release point on his shot. He was much bulkier (stronger) than I had thought (goes along with everything Rev said his source told him), much longer, and takes contact really well and finishes. The ballhandling was definitely there, regardless of the defense (or lack of) he was against. Those PG skills are clearly evident. Seems he really like his step back move to create space (which he did well, though will have to see how he works against better athletes and defenders) and shoot over people. I liked that he worked on people down low, won't be able to dribble that much down there in the NBA I think, but showed touch and some basic post moves (up and under, turn around jumper, etc.). Nice range on the jumper. Really like this prospect and don't think the Peja or Turkeyglue comparisons do Gallinari justice.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:23 pm

Winter Wonder wrote: (goes along with everything Rev said his source told him),

Plural friend. :D

The peja-Hedo crap is just the fact that most people compare euros to euros.

The thing about Danilo that I am interested with is that he is still learning how to use his size/body. He is still playing like someone 6'3. He could be a great player. His post game is where we can see this. But being that we project him more to the 3 than the 4 I am not as worried with this.

Great passer-playmaker and shooter. Would it be wrong to say a poor-poor man's Larry Bird w/o the rebounding? His high point of a release is crazy. His BBIQ and feel for the game is great. His ball handling is underrated.

The youtube comments just prove that not everyone should have the right to write.

I think the last couple euro (Darko-Andrea) scare people, But Gallinari has been heavily scouted.

If NY takes Westbrook or someone besides Gallinari, which would allow Gallinari to slip to 7/8 and either LAC or Mil was willing to move Kaman/Bogut +pick. then I could see a deal happening. The only player I have heard Mchale being in love with is Gallinari.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#4 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:44 pm

How's Paul Pierce for a top ceiling comparison? Just throwing it out there.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#5 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 pm

I used to get an Al Harrington feel from Galinari, except Harrington is a lot stronger. Galinari is a lot better with the ball in his hands. Maybe Odom is a somewhat more apt comparison? idk. One of the comments on the video says Adam Morrison, I see where that comes from.
LA_33
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by LA_33 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:54 pm

I love how comfortable he is taking the ball to the rim with his left hand. Perimeter guys who are that big, like to play toward contact, and can legitimately drive and finish with either hand are incredibly hard to keep out of the paint; he could live at the FT line in the NBA.

If Lamar Odom's right hand were better, he'd be a freaking incredible offensive player, and I do see a little bit of a two-handed Lamar in this kid, as deeney suggests (he's not as athletic, but he's quick enough to get the job done, I think...)
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#7 » by revprodeji » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:03 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:How's Paul Pierce for a top ceiling comparison? Just throwing it out there.

Pierce is more of an alpha score. Gallinari is more of a Beta with a lot of playmaking ability. Pierce is strong/physical. It is hard to find an example for Gallinari, but he is a tight 3 prospect.

deeney0 wrote:I used to get an Al Harrington feel from Galinari, except Harrington is a lot stronger. Galinari is a lot better with the ball in his hands. Maybe Odom is a somewhat more apt comparison? idk. One of the comments on the video says Adam Morrison, I see where that comes from.

The morrison thing is stupid. He is not near the ball handler or passer. He is a chucker. Morrison is white and a bust thus far. That is why some a** made the comment. Like I said, not everyone should have the right to write. Harrington has a very low BBIQ and his passing/dribbling is no where near Gallinari. Harrington is more physical. I made the Odom comparison on the draft board before and got laughed at. But I loved Odom at RI and that is what I see.

LA_33 wrote:I love how comfortable he is taking the ball to the rim with his left hand. Perimeter guys who are that big, like to play toward contact, and can legitimately drive and finish with either hand are incredibly hard to keep out of the paint; he could live at the FT line in the NBA.

If Lamar Odom's right hand were better, he'd be a freaking incredible offensive player, and I do see a little bit of a two-handed Lamar in this kid, as deeney suggests (he's not as athletic, but he's quick enough to get the job done, I think...)

I think Gallinari could improve our team. He is a playmaker and has great range. The same + issues Mayo would bring. Hmm, we should keep an eye for him tommorow.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#8 » by deeney0 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:16 am

I never thought Morrison would be Larry Bird, but I thought he'd be a lot better than he has been thus far, and I think this might be a semi-breakout year for him. But what I was talking about was Morrison at Gonzaga. I see where the comparison comes from - it's not perfect (none is), but they both suffer from a lack of athleticism but were still able to score prolifically in lesser leagues, but can they do it in the NBA?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by revprodeji » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:29 am

I think Gallinari is worlds apart from Morrison in athletic ability.
Winter Wonder
Rookie

Post#10 » by Winter Wonder » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:55 pm

I can see the Odom comparison. I believe Gallinari isn't near as strong currently, but I would guess a little quicker with much more consistency and deeper range on his shot. I think he is a better finisher as well, though Odom can go up alot stronger. Odom can go power through more contact; Gallinari adjusts to the contact. I think somewhere else I read a point as to how deceptive and jerky he can be with his boy movements and ball handling, the things you do to catch people off guard or put them on the backs of their heels without being overly outquicked.

Morrison can't do half the things Gallinari can do on the court with the ball in his hands. The only similarity I see is outside shooting and length, though I think Gallinari is far superior on both counts.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves