ImageImageImage

5 reasons Kevin Love is a Timberwolf on Friday

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

mayorhoiberg
Sophomore
And1: 0

5 reasons Kevin Love is a Timberwolf on Friday 

Post#1 » by mayorhoiberg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:51 pm

5. This Star Tribune article. Love is in the mold of McHale.

4. He's a hard worker. He works tirelessly to better himself regardless of his many awards.

3. All of the reasons that Bill Simmons lists are valid-- despite himself.

2. PA and Dubay did nothing but encourage him during this morning's interview. They advocated trading down for "a rookie and a proven NBA player." Towards the end, Dubay asks a question to the tune of "How important is it to consider how the pick is perceived from a PR standpoint when making your selection?" to which McHale proceeded to downplay the importance of getting the "flashiest" player available and things to that extent. Translation: no Mayo, yay Love.

1. These kinds of skills. (there are 4 unique links here)

There are a lot of clues under our noses that suggest that this guy is a Minnesota Timberwolf in 36 hours.

I, for one, am on board.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: 5 reasons Kevin Love is a Timberwolf on Friday 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:58 pm

I'll believe it when I see it
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#3 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:08 pm

I think they take who ever's left of Mayo/Beasley, and keep it unless they get a 7/Kaman, 8/Bogut type offer. But we shall see.
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Post#4 » by mayorhoiberg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:20 pm

For what its worth, I think they draft Mayo as well, but I think they'll end up with Love. Somehow, some way.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#5 » by funkatron101 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:28 pm

If they take Love at #3, I will riot.

Knicks fans are willing to give up the 5th and 6th just for Mayo (Assuming they can get the 5th).

Miami apparently wants Mayo, Clippers want him, Knicks want him. He has become the most important factor in this draft.

No fan is willing to give up pieces for Love.

If we get some really nice offers, then fine, I'll be happy enough with him. Personally though, I would prefer Danilo.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Post#6 » by mayorhoiberg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:33 pm

5th+6th= both!
funkatron101
General Manager

Post#7 » by funkatron101 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:38 pm

mayorhoiberg wrote:5th+6th= both!

It sure does!

I wonder how Al/Love/Danilo effects us defensively though?
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#8 » by prefuse73 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:57 pm

if we got #5 and #6, I would should take the #6/#31 send it to NJ for #10 and #21. Gallinari and Love are actually pretty redundant...passing skills, outside shooting not very explosive... So at #10 we can select Jordan and at #21 select CDR.

Love - Jordan
Jefferson - Love
Brewer - Gomes
CDR - McCants
Foye - Telfair
deeney0
RealGM

Post#9 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Look, the local media wants Love because he's the relatively clean cut white guy. They're scared of Mayo because they think he could be the next Marbury or Francis. The national media doesn't want the Wolves to draft Mayo because they want him in NY or LA or Miami. Neither of those are reasons not to draft Mayo.
funkatron101
General Manager

Post#10 » by funkatron101 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:05 pm

prefuse73 wrote:if we got #5 and #6, I would should take the #6/#31 send it to NJ for #10 and #21. Gallinari and Love are actually pretty redundant...passing skills, outside shooting not very explosive... So at #10 we can select Jordan and at #21 select CDR.

Love - Jordan
Jefferson - Love
Brewer - Gomes
CDR - McCants
Foye - Telfair

I would rather have Lopez and Danilo than Jordan and Love at this point.

Jordan is dropping stock rapidly. you might even get him at 21!
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:09 pm

deeney0 wrote:Look, the local media wants Love because he's the relatively clean cut white guy. They're scared of Mayo because they think he could be the next Marbury or Francis. The national media doesn't want the Wolves to draft Mayo because they want him in NY or LA or Miami. Neither of those are reasons not to draft Mayo.

I thought people wanted Love because he's the best player available and he plays in the frontcourt where the Wolves have a desperate need
deeney0
RealGM

Post#12 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Your mistake. It's understandable.
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#13 » by kandiking » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
deeney0 wrote:Look, the local media wants Love because he's the relatively clean cut white guy. They're scared of Mayo because they think he could be the next Marbury or Francis. The national media doesn't want the Wolves to draft Mayo because they want him in NY or LA or Miami. Neither of those are reasons not to draft Mayo.

I thought people wanted Love because he's the best player available and he plays in the frontcourt where the Wolves have a desperate need

dear lord he still has baby fat. jesus is that worth the 3rd? if we trade down, fine, but until then i don't understand how he's a top 5 pick.
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#14 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:29 pm

prefuse73 wrote:if we got #5 and #6, I would should take the #6/#31 send it to NJ for #10 and #21. Gallinari and Love are actually pretty redundant...passing skills, outside shooting not very explosive... So at #10 we can select Jordan and at #21 select CDR.

Love - Jordan
Jefferson - Love
Brewer - Gomes
CDR - McCants
Foye - Telfair

Gallinari is a perimeter oriented SF, Love is an inside banger. They're not redundant, but there would be defensive issues.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#15 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Unless the pick is Mayo, or possibly Lopez, it's hard to see how the Wolves exit this draft without defensive issues.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#16 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:41 pm

deeney0 wrote:Unless the pick is Mayo, or possibly Lopez, it's hard to see how the Wolves exit this draft without defensive issues.

That's why the Wolves need to draft Mayo or Lopez. If the Wolves had the 5th and 6th picks, I think they'd have to spend one on Lopez and choose between Love and Gallinari.
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Post#17 » by mayorhoiberg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Are we talking about Robin Lopez now? I thought Brook had defensive issues as well...
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#18 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:46 pm

mayorhoiberg wrote:Are we talking about Robin Lopez now? I thought Brook had defensive issues as well...

Nope, Brook's a better defender than Robin.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#19 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm not sure Brook is ready to step in and be a defender day 1, but I've finally come around to the fact that his length and athleticism make him a great defensive project.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#20 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:58 pm

deeney0 wrote:I'm not sure Brook is ready to step in and be a defender day 1, but I've finally come around to the fact that his length and athleticism make him a great defensive project.

Don't you think he played good defense at Stanford?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves