ImageImageImage

5 reasons Kevin Love is a Timberwolf on Friday

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

mayorhoiberg
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: 5 reasons Kevin Love is a Timberwolf on Friday 

Post#21 » by mayorhoiberg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:00 pm

prefuse73 wrote:if we got #5 and #6, I would should take the #6/#31 send it to NJ for #10 and #21. Gallinari and Love are actually pretty redundant...passing skills, outside shooting not very explosive... So at #10 we can select Jordan and at #21 select CDR.

Love - Jordan
Jefferson - Love
Brewer - Gomes
CDR - McCants
Foye - Telfair

That's a lot of dealing. Someone else down here got it right when they said Jordan may be available at 21.

Also; perhaps you just made a mistake, but if you intend to start Chris Douglas-Roberts over Rashad McCants... this illustrates exactly what is wrong with Timberwolves Fans and buying into RANDY BLEEPING WITTMAN'S revisionist logic.

Rashad McCants is capable of starting. Why on earth would a rookie start over him? Why on earth would Marko Jaric start over him? Why on earth would Kirk Snyder start over him?

There's one explanation.

Bad coaching.

Not because Rashad is "better as a sixth man." Not because we need a "scoring punch" off the bench. Not because of "attitude problems."

Bad coaching.

Start your best players, damn it.

And if someone even mentions Gregg Popovich in the same breath as Randy Wittman...
Winter Wonder
Rookie

Post#22 » by Winter Wonder » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:01 pm

[/quote]

I would rather have Lopez and Danilo than Jordan and Love at this point.

Jordan is dropping stock rapidly. you might even get him at 21![/quote]

What this guy said.... x 2.... or is it +1..... I get confused.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#23 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, I think he played good D at Stanford against the srubbish big men in the Pac 10.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#24 » by karch34 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm not really excited about Love. If he or Al were a few inches taller, then I'd probably be more into him as a player on this team (despite my hating UCLA and the Beach Boys). That said if we were to trade down and pick up a Kaman or Bogut in the process then I could live with Love.
cutthecrap
Freshman

Post#25 » by cutthecrap » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:47 pm

[quote="mayorhoiberg"][quote="prefuse73"]if we got #5 and #6, I would should take the #6/#31 send it to NJ for #10 and #21. Gallinari and Love are actually pretty redundant...passing skills, outside shooting not very explosive... So at #10 we can select Jordan and at #21 select CDR.

Love - Jordan
Jefferson - Love
Brewer - Gomes
CDR - McCants
Foye - Telfair[/quote]

That's a lot of dealing. Someone else down here got it right when they said Jordan may be available at 21.

Also; perhaps you just made a mistake, but if you intend to start Chris Douglas-Roberts over Rashad McCants... this illustrates exactly what is wrong with Timberwolves Fans and buying into RANDY BLEEPING WITTMAN'S revisionist logic.

Rashad McCants is capable of starting. Why on earth would a rookie start over him? Why on earth would Marko Jaric start over him? Why on earth would Kirk Snyder start over him?

There's one explanation.

Bad coaching.

Not because Rashad is "better as a sixth man." Not because we need a "scoring punch" off the bench. Not because of "attitude problems."

Bad coaching.

Start your best players, damn it.

And if someone even mentions Gregg Popovich in the same breath as Randy Wittman...[/quote]

Mayor - I'm with you on Wittman and his (potential) ineptitude...

However, that does not minimize the fact that McCants, at this time, is simly a one-way player that as an absolute liability at the defensive end. Conversely, I would be much more in favor of starting/playing Brewer more than he did last year. Although he struggled offensively, he is full of energy and was always active defensively. The difference between these guys is attitude and effort...
Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#26 » by Ojmayo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:59 pm

karch34 wrote:I'm not really excited about Love. If he or Al were a few inches taller, then I'd probably be more into him as a player on this team (despite my hating UCLA and the Beach Boys). That said if we were to trade down and pick up a Kaman or Bogut in the process then I could live with Love.

Do you think Mchale can do such a thing?
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#27 » by PeeDee » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 pm

What the heck are you going to do with a line-up of Bogut/Kamen, Al Jeff, and Love?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#28 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:18 pm

kandiking wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:
deeney0 wrote:Look, the local media wants Love because he's the relatively clean cut white guy. They're scared of Mayo because they think he could be the next Marbury or Francis. The national media doesn't want the Wolves to draft Mayo because they want him in NY or LA or Miami. Neither of those are reasons not to draft Mayo.

I thought people wanted Love because he's the best player available and he plays in the frontcourt where the Wolves have a desperate need

dear lord he still has baby fat. jesus is that worth the 3rd? if we trade down, fine, but until then i don't understand how he's a top 5 pick.

Al Jeff and Andrew Bynum had even more baby fat.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#29 » by funkatron101 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:24 pm

PeeDee wrote:What the heck are you going to do with a line-up of Bogut/Kamen, Al Jeff, and Love?

That silly Love at the 3 talk again?
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#30 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:51 pm

PeeDee wrote:What the heck are you going to do with a line-up of Bogut/Kamen, Al Jeff, and Love?

In their heyday in the 80s, the Celtics always had a great PF/C coming off the bench. In fact, McHale was a 6th man for much of his career and won a couple 6th moy awards. Then he moved into the starting lineup and the plugged Bill Walton into that role, and he won a 6moy too. McHale was more valuable than DJ or Ainge, and Walton was close too.

big guys get more tired, more foul trouble, and more injured. Its good to have 3 good ones. If a guy is injured or foul trouble, you plug in your PF/C off the bench and don't miss a beat.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#31 » by karch34 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 pm

If it came down to it, I'd probably look elsewhere besides Love if we got Bogut/Kaman, but that's a scenario where Love wouldn't bother me. That said I'd easily go with Al and Bogut/Kaman to start and then use Love at PF with Al at C or with Bogut/Kaman when Al gets his rest. Basically for all the reasons Devilz said.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#32 » by TheFranchise21 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:06 pm

karch34 wrote:

If it came down to it, I'd probably look elsewhere besides Love if we got Bogut/Kaman, but that's a scenario where Love wouldn't bother me. That said I'd easily go with Al and Bogut/Kaman to start and then use Love at PF with Al at C or with Bogut/Kaman when Al gets his rest. Basically for all the reasons Devilz said.

If we trade down to 7 or 8, isn't Memphis most likely taking Love at 5?
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#33 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:25 pm

Wow, lots to respond to.

mayorhoiberg wrote:There are a lot of clues under our noses that suggest that this guy is a Minnesota Timberwolf in 36 hours.
I, for one, am on board.

We will not take Love outright at #3. Simple enough. We will take whoever falls of Mayo/Beasley/ROse. We will trade it only if we are offered a good top-10 range pick+legit young starter. We have been saying this for weeks now.

deeney0 wrote:I think they take who ever's left of Mayo/Beasley, and keep it unless they get a 7/Kaman, 8/Bogut type offer. But we shall see.

Exactly. If the Kaman/Bogut deals happen prepare for Gallinari. Love will not make it past the 5th spot. Only way we get love in a trade down is likely with Memphis or with Seattle. (Would seattle give up Green and the 4th to move up? Who knows. They do not talk)

funkatron101 wrote:If they take Love at #3, I will riot.
Knicks fans are willing to give up the 5th and 6th just for Mayo (Assuming they can get the 5th).
If we get some really nice offers, then fine, I'll be happy enough with him. Personally though, I would prefer Danilo.

Do not let fans be the way you gauge anyone. (even more important with Ny fans) Danilo or Love depends entirely on what the "young starter" is that we get.

prefuse73 wrote:Gallinari and Love are actually pretty redundant...passing skills, outside shooting not very explosive...

WOw, not at all. Very different players. That is like saying Steve Nash and Shaq are similar because they can dribble. No offense sir, but this is a horrible statement. Love is a hustle-strong 4/5 that brings tools we are not used to at the position (shooting-passing) Gallinari was a draft prospect as a 6'3 pg. He is now 6'10. He is bigger than we thought, faster and stronger. His passing and shooting is crazy. He is a legit point-forward. (allowing Foye to score more)

deeney0 wrote:Look, the local media wants Love because he's the relatively clean cut white guy. They're scared of Mayo because they think he could be the next Marbury or Francis. The national media doesn't want the Wolves to draft Mayo because they want him in NY or LA or Miami. Neither of those are reasons not to draft Mayo.

Interesting thought. I just assume our local media is horrible.

TheFranchise21 wrote:
karch34 wrote:

Love will not be there at 7-8. It would be Gallinari.

If we trade down to 7 or 8, isn't Memphis most likely taking Love at 5?

Yes, most likely. He is the only top prospect to be memphis-friendly. He fits the team and would be a good value there at 5.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#34 » by Tirion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:28 am

good call
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#35 » by revprodeji » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:11 am

Thanks, I try.

We did what we wanted to and more. We traded down to get a prospect we still liked+ we added a starter that fit a need AND we dumped horrible contracts.

BE HAPPY!!!
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by Tirion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:15 am

rev, how can I pm you? I have a litle problem with my account.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by revprodeji » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:35 am

I just sent you one. Just reply to that. Otherwise there should be a pm icon under my location. not sure if non-mods have it.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by Tirion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 am

there's no 'reply' button.
this new pm feature sucks donkey balls, ugh.
anyway I'm tanat-0s, if you remember me.
I was suspended almost a month ago on LAL board. More info about the suspend here:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=815165#p16710757
no offense about the suspend, I deserved it, but umm... my account should have been restored a week ago according to board rules.
I guess with this new board thingy, some accounts kinda got lost in the shuffle, but I would really appreciate getting my old account back.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by revprodeji » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:02 am

You should pm a global. Howard Mass or one of them to get your account back. Try it, if you cannot i will talk to them in the morning.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by Tirion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:09 am

that's the problem - I can't pm anybody.
I would really appreciate you talking with sombody in charge of this active/inactive button.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves