ImageImageImage

Opening Day Lineup

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Re: Opening Day Lineup 

Post#21 » by Ojmayo » Tue Jul 1, 2008 3:49 am

deeney0 wrote:McCants can outscore circles around Brewer, but Corey's better at everything else. Defense especially, but rebounding and passing too. With Jefferson, Miller, and Foye on the court, scoring is not the priority.

Brewer will never be the shooter/scorer that McCants is, but I think most of us expect him to be much improved next year. I wouldn't expect anyone to call him a "good scorer" next year, but I don't think "embarrassingly bad" will be justified any longer. An offseason working on his shot with Freddy and JB should prepare him to hit the open jumper, which is enough for now.

Well said, but its still to early to judge Brewers shot.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#22 » by big3_8_19_21 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 4:26 am

yeah, but he'll never be a scoring machine. I expect him to have a jumper comparable to Gomes' jumper least season when it's all said and done. Consistent from mid-range and about 33% from 3.

Yeah, McCants is the scoring punch off the bench, but I don't think he likes that...he's going to have to deal with it.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#23 » by horaceworthy » Tue Jul 1, 2008 6:33 am

Foye/Telfair?/JLIII?
Brewer/McCants/Bryce Taylor?
Miller/Gomes?/Cardinal
Jefferson/Smith?/Madsen
Love/Collins/Richard?
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#24 » by TrentTuckerForever » Tue Jul 1, 2008 2:24 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:T-Hud for 4 years 20 million?

That's not funny.

You're right about all the bigs. Spent a little time on the Trade Checker this morning. Who has a veteran point guard with a bad contract that they'd like to dump for salary purposes?

Eric Snow or Damon Jones/filler for Cardinal would work, although Jones is entering the last year of his deal so I don't know why Cleveland would do this. And Eric Snow is juuuuuust about done. He'll be a great coach someday, but I don't know if he's got enough left to be a coach on the floor.

Raymond Felton is looking like the odd man out in Charlotte, but would he be satisfied backing up Foye? And the Bobs would want a prospect (McCants, maybe) instead of a salary dump.

I would LOVE to get Bobby Jackson back in a Wolves uni... his contract matches Cardinal's almost exactly but is a year longer, so again the Wolves would have to throw in an asset to make the Rockets interested.

Jamaal Tinsley is radioactive, but he is a real point. Cardinal for Tinsley works on the Checker, if not in the locker room.

If Washington wanted to duplicate Darius Songalia's general averageness and whiteness, they might trade Antonio Daniels for Cardinal/asset.

But that's about it, as far as I can see. I'd rather go with the good chemistry we seem to be building, either keep Telfair or add a veteran who'd be happy with his role (Anthony Johnson or Chris Duhon.)
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#25 » by the_bruce » Tue Jul 1, 2008 3:14 pm

earl watson has a similar contract.
speedy claxton has a similar contract.
alston has a similar contract.
Mike James welcome home!!!
Etan Thomas??

The main problem is that there aren't many 6m/yr guards(players) with a similar level of uselessness and the same number of years are generally usefull.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#26 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jul 1, 2008 4:26 pm

Maybe bring back Anthony Carter for the Vet min. or Darrel Armstrong.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#27 » by TrentTuckerForever » Tue Jul 1, 2008 4:37 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:earl watson has a similar contract.
speedy claxton has a similar contract.
alston has a similar contract.
Mike James welcome home!!!
Etan Thomas??

The main problem is that there aren't many 6m/yr guards(players) with a similar level of uselessness and the same number of years are generally usefull.

I actually really like Earl Watson, good catch Bruce. Maybe he's expendable now in Seattle with their lotto selection?

Claxton and Alston don't do anything for me personally, and Mike James give me shivers (the bad kind.) Thomas needs to work on his handle a bit before I sign off on him as the backup point.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#28 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jul 1, 2008 4:45 pm

Why would Alston even be available? He improved alot last year and Houston struggled when he was out for a little bit.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves