Wolves update

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Re: Wolves update 

Post#41 » by casey » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:03 pm

karch34 wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:I don't know that there's ever a good reason to give away a #34 pick. Every year there are huge contributors that bloom out of the 2nd round, and with this draft I plan on seeing several. It was a complete financial move and basically the same thing that the Suns have been getting slammed for in recent drafts except worse because there's no long-term guaranteed contract to deal with.

I'm just really really surprised the Wolves weren't interested in taking one of those big time athletes and seeing what he could become in a couple years. You get them right away and can get your hands on them and start to develop them right off the bat. Its not often you have a chance to choose from so many intriguing talents at that spot, and MN just totally disregarded them. What harm is there in taking Deandre Jordan or Bill Walker besides adding a small salary? I guess the Wolves really must be hard up for cash.

You have 15 roster spots, make use of them.

I couldn't have said it any better. Even getting another Euro to stash for a few years would've been a better move.

We can get TWO Euro's next year. This whole "2nd round picks are valuable" argument is complete BS. We got two picks for one pick. We got more 2nd round picks out of this deal. What's so hard about that for people to understand?
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,318

Post#42 » by Calinks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Everybody knows how upset I was over this on draft day. The good news is that we now have more assets and I hope that next year we can package these along with a player and or other picks to move up in the draft or get something good in return.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#43 » by Krapinsky » Tue Jul 1, 2008 1:39 am

I'm surprise that others were surprised about the Chalmers trade. Taylor (or maybe it was Mchale) said along time ago that we weren't going to keep all three picks.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#44 » by B Calrissian » Tue Jul 1, 2008 1:50 am

casey wrote:We can get TWO Euro's next year. This whole "2nd round picks are valuable" argument is complete BS. We got two picks for one pick. We got more 2nd round picks out of this deal. What's so hard about that for people to understand?

I agree. The second round is more or less a crapshoot so trading for the 2 picks (even if they are later picks) is a good move.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#45 » by karch34 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 4:39 am

casey wrote:We can get TWO Euro's next year. This whole "2nd round picks are valuable" argument is complete BS. We got two picks for one pick. We got more 2nd round picks out of this deal. What's so hard about that for people to understand?

I agree on the value side two picks is better than one. But at the same time having a high 2nd rounder in a deep draft could've provided another piece that we need. The future 2nd rounders aren't guaranteed to be as good of picks or as deep of a draft was the point.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#46 » by andyhop » Tue Jul 1, 2008 5:16 am

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:I'm surprise that others were surprised about the Chalmers trade. Taylor (or maybe it was Mchale) said along time ago that we weren't going to keep all three picks.

I thought they said they didn't want all 3 picks on the roster next year,either trading the 2 2nds for a first or stashing one pick in Europe.I don't remember them saying that they wanted to come out of the draft with only one pick for next season.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves