ImageImageImage

Randy Wittman...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Randy Wittman... 

Post#1 » by sheefo13 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 3:15 pm

Is he the right coach for our squad? I feel like he is not putting the best of winning attitudes in the players' heads. I feel like he has really either A- done a good job or B- Flown under the radar to this point. I personally feel Dwane Casey would be doing a better job developing our young players. I just haven't heard any problems with Witt with anyone though. Is he actually a good coach or is he just a filler until we begin competing?
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
Howler21
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Randy Wittman... 

Post#2 » by Howler21 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 3:24 pm

Seems Witt and Rashad don't see eye to eye but thats the only player ive seen have issues with him. If it were up to me he wouldnt be here, his sets are chaos and i think his developmental skills and decision making are subpar. Not sure who I would rather have now but there has to be someone that could get the most from them. Oh.....and just say no to Avery
Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#3 » by Ojmayo » Mon Jul 7, 2008 3:40 pm

Howler21 wrote:Seems Witt and Rashad don't see eye to eye but thats the only player ive seen have issues with him. If it were up to me he wouldnt be here, his sets are chaos and i think his developmental skills and decision making are subpar. Not sure who I would rather have now but there has to be someone that could get the most from them. Oh.....and just say no to Avery

Whats wrong with Avery? He did a good job at Dallas and am sure he would do a better job then Randy and if I were to decide he would have left after last season.
Howler21
Senior

Post#4 » by Howler21 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 3:41 pm

His lack of patience with younger players and not exactly a fan of his offensive schemes. Jumpshot galore..
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#5 » by prefuse73 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:12 pm

Actually we have been a jump shooting team ever since Flip was coach...so thats not really a bi-product of Whittman being coach.

As far as player develpment goes..Foye was hurt, Brewer did improve as the year went on, Telfair and Gomes had their best season and Jefferson made strides defensively. He did play Jaric alot.

Do I think he is ideal...No, but he has never had much talent on any of his teams. Let see what he can do so more weapons and a offseason with Brewer.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#6 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:06 pm

Ojmayo wrote:
Howler21 wrote:Seems Witt and Rashad don't see eye to eye but thats the only player ive seen have issues with him. If it were up to me he wouldnt be here, his sets are chaos and i think his developmental skills and decision making are subpar. Not sure who I would rather have now but there has to be someone that could get the most from them. Oh.....and just say no to Avery

Whats wrong with Avery? He did a good job at Dallas and am sure he would do a better job then Randy and if I were to decide he would have left after last season.

I don't think Avery Johnson coaches the right sort of offense for this squad (almost all isolations, match-up O) but I do think he'd get more out of the young players in terms of motivation and developing them within the team concept. Wittman is a below average coach by any measure.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,909

Post#7 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:37 pm

prefuse73 wrote:Actually we have been a jump shooting team ever since Flip was coach...so thats not really a bi-product of Whittman being coach.

As far as player develpment goes..Foye was hurt, Brewer did improve as the year went on, Telfair and Gomes had their best season and Jefferson made strides defensively. He did play Jaric alot.

Do I think he is ideal...No, but he has never had much talent on any of his teams. Let see what he can do so more weapons and a offseason with Brewer.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Avery in that post.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#8 » by prefuse73 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:19 pm

ahhhh... you are probably right.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:04 pm

I'm willing to give Wittman time; he seems to be trying create a disciplined atmosphere and seems to have good relationships w/ the players for the most part

I'm not looking for an overnight title contender, but a steady upward curve of progress. Now if the Wolves were a near .500 team w/ Foye back last year, where should they be this year w/ another year under everyone's belt + Miller and Love? Hard question to answer, but I think its fair to say the Wolves have a lot of offensive weapons and tons of skill, so on defense we should see disciplined rotations and effort - thats where the coach comes in. All in all is around 40 wins a fair expectation? I might be optimistic, but yea, thats around the area I'm expecting.
Howler21
Senior

Post#10 » by Howler21 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:10 pm

I would be quite happy with 40 wins. What I am really hoping to see is our record shadowing the heat which looks to be around a 40 win team to me. We more than likely lose the 09 pick but to have the Heat pick right before or after where we were to choose would be just fine with me.
Mcfale313
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#11 » by Mcfale313 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:16 pm

Saunders is jobless now after get dismissed by Motown, anyone thought about the possibility of bring Flip bac in the middle of the season given Wittman coached out a miserable record?
Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#12 » by Ojmayo » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:25 pm

Mcfale313 wrote:Saunders is jobless now after get dismissed by Motown, anyone thought about the possibility of bring Flip bac in the middle of the season given Wittman coached out a miserable record?

Yes we should bring Flip back except the beginning of this season. Randy is a bad coach and needs no more time he has had a year and a half and he has'nt improved. We bring Flip back then am sure he would improve the team in ways and give the players the right amount fo time to play.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:49 pm

I dont like Flip here. We had this discussion before and I think most people were in agreement that Flip was not the right coach for this team
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#14 » by casey » Mon Jul 7, 2008 9:19 pm

sheefo13 wrote:Is he the right coach for our squad? I feel like he is not putting the best of winning attitudes in the players' heads. I feel like he has really either A- done a good job or B- Flown under the radar to this point. I personally feel Dwane Casey would be doing a better job developing our young players. I just haven't heard any problems with Witt with anyone though. Is he actually a good coach or is he just a filler until we begin competing?

Filler. And I agree, I wish Casey was still the coach.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
JBoog35
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by JBoog35 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 10:40 pm

I would take either Casey or Saunders in a heart beat right now. Let's be honest, right coach for the team or not, Flipper is a great coach. Sure, it'd take some time to get them together offensively, but with all the skilled players we have, I am not sure how he could be a bad choice.
"Dude, all I am saying is we already have a starting RB, his name is Chester Taylor. Besides AP isn't that good anyways. I hope we draft McFadden." --Me after he broke the record.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#16 » by deeney0 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 11:49 pm

I like Flip a lot, but not for this team.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves