cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

McHale  

Post#1 » by cpfsf » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:39 pm

:reporter: :reporter: :reporter:

http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/wolves/

That first-round pick from Utah by way of the Sixers is top 22 protected in 2009, top 17 in 2010, top 15 in 2011 and the top 16 in 2012 and 2013. The Sixers also gave the Wolves some cash money and a 2010 second-round choice the Wolves threw into the deal gets paid only if the Wolves are selecting 55 through 60 that year. That means they’d have to be one of the league’s six best teams just two seasons hence.

Third-year swingman Rodney Carney will play for the Wolves summer league team that begins play in Las Vegas on Monday. Asked what he considered the best part of the trade, McHale said: “Rodney Carney. He’s a first-rounder. We liked him out of Memphis. He’s one of those high-wire act guys. He can really run the wing. And we have a great outlet passer now in Kevin Love. “As I told Rodney, ‘There’s a lot of competition here. You can either earn playing time, and earn time on the bench.’ ”

McHale said he expects veteran center Calvin Booth to be at training camp and said the team remains active in trade discussions. “I don’t think we’re done,’’ he said. In a way, he sounded like he almost missed Marko Jaric and said he’d like to add a combo-guard type who play some point, some off guard, some small forward. “One of those 1-2-3 guys, they’re very handy,” McHale said.

Sebastian Telfair, the other top point guard from last season, is a free agent. “We like Sebastian a lot,’’ McHale said. “We’ve been talking with Andy Miller, his agent. Same old story. They want more than we can give them, and we’re offering less than they want. Bottom line is, we won 22 games. There’s less pressure on us to sign those guys. If we won 62 games, then we probably need to sign them.”

___
Mark Madsen does not sleep. He waits.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,326

Re: McHale  

Post#2 » by Calinks » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:54 pm

cpfsf, I'm curious. Do you always have those sleuth smiley's in your post or only when you post quoted information?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#3 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:57 pm

Hmm. I wonder what else he is trying to deal. McCants and maybe Miller are the only pieces I can think of that we could still deal.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#4 » by shrink » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:02 pm

4ho5ive wrote:Hmm. I wonder what else he is trying to deal. McCants and maybe Miller are the only pieces I can think of that we could still deal.

I think Miller gives McHale the young vet he wanted last year to help stabilize the youth, and since he's a local, I doubt he'd trade him. Carney seems unlikely, but possible. I think the trade assets go like this:

McCants
Carney
Gomes S&T
Craig Smith S&T
$1.44 mil TPE
lots of condiitional 1sts and 2nds
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#5 » by cpfsf » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:08 pm

Calinks3 wrote:cpfsf, I'm curious. Do you always have those sleuth smiley's in your post or only when you post quoted information?

Only with articles, I now also put Mark Madsen facts at the end of each post

___
Mark Madsen CAN believe it's not butter.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#6 » by Tekkenlaw » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:12 pm

Calvin Booth's expiring for some unproductive 2 year contract and a pick.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#7 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:28 pm

How many 1-2-3 guys like McHale mentioned he want are out there? Can anyone think of any?

Shaun Livingston maybe? Brent Barry? I'm having trouble thinking of any off the top of my head.

Any others that come to mind?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#8 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:36 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:How many 1-2-3 guys like McHale mentioned he want are out there? Can anyone think of any?

Shaun Livingston maybe? Brent Barry? I'm having trouble thinking of any off the top of my head.

Ndudi can play PG SG SF PF C Free Safety, Goalie, shortstop, and if there's a man on earth that can handle a dinghy like he can, I haven't met him
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,926

Post#9 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:47 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:How many 1-2-3 guys like McHale mentioned he want are out there? Can anyone think of any?

Tony Allen, he would come cheap.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#10 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:55 pm

bad seed though
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#11 » by deeney0 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 9:28 pm

I wouldn't let Devean George touch the ball very much, but I'd be comfortable with him defending 1-2-3, at least for bigger PGs.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#12 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jul 9, 2008 9:29 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:
How many 1-2-3 guys like McHale mentioned he want are out there? Can anyone think of any?

Besides Roy, Mayo, Jaric, M James and Buckner I can't think of any...

I guess there is Boris Diaw & Denny Hocking but I don't think well trade for either.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#13 » by shrink » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:25 pm

LeBron? He's young enough. Kobe's too old to fit in.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#14 » by PeeDee » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:36 pm

I'd take a flier on Bron. He's shown flashes here and there and even if he doesn't pan out, no big loss.

Maybe we can trade Fred's lottery Teddy Bear for him.
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#15 » by SonicYouth34 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Ndudi can play PG SG SF PF C Free Safety, Goalie, shortstop, and if there's a man on earth that can handle a dinghy like he can, I haven't met him

:rofl:
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#16 » by andyhop » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:10 am

Seeing as our back up PG at the moment is either Corey or Rashad he better not be done.
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#17 » by collin_k41 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 am

cpfsf wrote:
Calinks3 wrote:cpfsf, I'm curious. Do you always have those sleuth smiley's in your post or only when you post quoted information?

Only with articles, I now also put Mark Madsen facts at the end of each post

___
Mark Madsen CAN believe it's not butter.

cpfsf this is kind of OT but did you happen to get these little tidbits about "Mark Madsen" while watching summer league yesterday?? Cuz I know for a fact that both of the ones you've said about mark madsen were said along with a flurry of others on the dante and galante show. Only they were talking about Chuck Norris.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#18 » by TheFranchise21 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 am

4ho5ive wrote:Hmm. I wonder what else he is trying to deal. McCants and maybe Miller are the only pieces I can think of that we could still deal.

Miller was the deal breaker in the Mayo deal, we're not going to trade him.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#19 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 am

collin_k41 wrote:cpfsf this is kind of OT but did you happen to get these little tidbits about "Mark Madsen" while watching summer league yesterday?? Cuz I know for a fact that both of the ones you've said about mark madsen were said along with a flurry of others on the dante and galante show. Only they were talking about Chuck Norris.

I hate to out your sources cpfsf but http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Just substitute Mark Madsen in for Chuck Norris and allow hilarity to ensue
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#20 » by the_bruce » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:02 am

Belinelli can be our Marco replacement? Get that boy Lima's number

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves