ImageImageImage

Do want some Frye(s) with that....

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Do want some Frye(s) with that.... 

Post#1 » by prefuse73 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Im not sure how the money works, but should we look at bringing in Channing Frye. The Blazers have Oden/Pryzbilla/Aldridge/Diogu as their C/PF depth and are already over the luxury tax threshold (even without the Miles contract).

Can we either send them our Green TPE or maybe just one of our firsts (Boston)? He isn't anything special, but has decent size and is still young. I remember Knick fans saying they wouldn't trade him straight up for KG...LOL!!
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Re: Do want some Frye(s) with that.... 

Post#2 » by funkatron101 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:46 pm

At this point, he's just a guy who would eat Jefferson's or Love's minutes.

But if we could get him cheap, and have the room, sure.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,939

Post#3 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:55 pm

prefuse73 wrote:The Blazers have Oden/Pryzbilla/Aldridge/Diogu as their C/PF depth

...and we have Al/Love/Collins/Smith as ours.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#4 » by collin_k41 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Frye was in the same draft class as Mccants correct. I remember before the draft that year I wanted us to draft him. Too bad he shot up the draft charts late and went 7th I think.

On the prospect of us attaining him I would've said yes before we signed Craigerz. Now I'm not so sure we'd have enough minutes for everyone unless we want him to play a lot of center. I guess it'd depend on what we'd have to give up to get him.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#5 » by shrink » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:34 pm

klomp44 wrote:
prefuse73 wrote:The Blazers have Oden/Pryzbilla/Aldridge/Diogu as their C/PF depth

...and we have Al/Love/Collins/Smith as ours.

Right. .. and Cardinal and Madsen are here for two years too, and Calvin Booth as well (though I wouldn't be surprised with a buy out). And if we bring back Gomes, will he exclusively be a SF?

I wouldn't have minded acquiring Frye even two months ago, but with the addition of four more bigs, I don't think he is a fit any longer.

If we were going to do a deal with POR, I think it might be better to look at the smaller side of their line-up. Sergio Rodriguez still looks good to me, even with Telfair.
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by mayorhoiberg » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:39 pm

We don't need to deal with Portland. Screw them. Let's keep building hostility for the next 2 seasons and then steal Brandon Roy back.

I am joking about the hostility, obviously, but honestly, Roy is my favorite FA from that class to target. Anybody else like the prospect of having Roy on this squad?

Rubio/Foye/Telfair
Roy/McCants/Brewer
Miller/Gomes
Jefferson/Smith
Love/Pekovic

I like it.
JBoog35
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#7 » by JBoog35 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:09 pm

I find this funny, I think that with playing time, Frye is better than Smith, Collins, Cardinal, Madsen, and I think could compete for the top backup big man off the bench spot. The guy can play, he just hasn't put it all together, and doesn't get much burn. The guy was the 8th overall pick, and at 6-11, would bring some much needed length to this lineup. I would actually take him over the rhino right now.
"Dude, all I am saying is we already have a starting RB, his name is Chester Taylor. Besides AP isn't that good anyways. I hope we draft McFadden." --Me after he broke the record.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#8 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:22 pm

If we didnt sign Craigers back than I would be completely down with getting this guy. I have made a couple deals in an attempt to get Frye here over the last year or so. I like him, but with our set of bigs I really dont see it as a likely situation

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves