ImageImageImage

OT: Olympics

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Re: OT: Olympics 

Post#21 » by deeney0 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:35 pm

It's one thing to look bad because of the competition. It's another to look bad because you're too old (Kidd, 0 points, 0 dimes, bad defense and numerous turnovers in 2 contests), or because you suddenly lost the ability to make from 20 feet, half the time relatively uncontested, and yet continue to jack them up (Kobe: 1 for 15 from three the first two contests). Kobe needs to get the ball less. Kidd needs to play less. These are fixable mistakes, not caused by the level of the competition.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#22 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm

I think theres teams that can keep the game close with USA and if that happens, the pressure is going to be all on USA and theyll be susceptible to breakdowns. Hard to hit a clutch shot when youre sweating bullets. These guys are terrified of losing still, thats been the problem in the past and its still a problem based on their comments.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#23 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Its so strangely funny that nobody on the USA team has a championship ring without the help of Shaq and shoddy reffing
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#24 » by deeney0 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:10 am

I wonder if this team would be better with Shaq instead of Boozer. Maybe not, because of the tension a Kobe/Shaq pairing could cause, but if that weren't the case? Shaq 12 minutes a game > Boozer 12 minutes a game, especially if you take Prince out and add a guy like Mike Miller and play Shaq with the shooters.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#25 » by mandurugo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:43 am

I think that Shaq is no longer of much value to a team in international play. The wider lane would challenge his offensive game too much, he's lost too much quickness and explosiveness to be effective. I don't think you could trade out any of the current players for him and improve the team.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#26 » by TMo519 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Kobe can't just stop shooting, he needs to find that range, cause they're gonna need it in later games. Get the kinks out while you can against teams where it won't matter. It has baffled me some at just how bad they're shooting. I mean, I wasn't expecting greatness, but I didn't think 40% from three would be a stretch.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves