hey!!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

chrisjacob
Sophomore
And1: 0

hey!! 

Post#1 » by chrisjacob » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:16 pm

hey im a mavs fan!!!

do you like mike miller for stackhouse and eddie jones?????
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Re: hey!! 

Post#2 » by mayorhoiberg » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:05 pm

:)
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#3 » by collin_k41 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Well I think that the trade value is just too close to call but if I had to give an answer I'd say YES.

NOT
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#4 » by deeney0 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Go easy on the ballboy.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#5 » by Foye » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:23 pm

LoL how can u dare to ask that?

Why should we even consider to trade a Mike Miller for nothing in return...

I mean Miller is a sharpshooter and you can't think we would give up on him for 34 and 36 year old men...

Especially as we are rebuilding...I'm still wondering how u could even try asking that one...give us a great talent and we could talk

As u are a Mavs fan: Sorry but u guys are gonna suck for long time thanks to the Kidd-trade, the next 2 years will be the last years u can reach the playoffs for like 8 or 10 years ^^

Your team has like an average age of 40 and except green no talent is on your team and thanks to Kidd u have lost 2 First Round Picks which u definitely needed ^^
That Kidd-Move was just as bad as the O'Neal-Move of Phoenix xD

Hard times coming for a Mavs-fan the best thing to do is trade away Dirk Nowitzki and get young prospects in return or you will completely suck in future ^^
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#6 » by jpatrick » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Foye wrote:Your team has like an average age of 40 and except green no talent is on your team and thanks to Kidd u have lost 2 First Round Picks which u definitely needed ^^
That Kidd-Move was just as bad as the O'Neal-Move of Phoenix xD

Hard times coming for a Mavs-fan the best thing to do is trade away Dirk Nowitzki and get young prospects in return or you will completely suck in future ^^

Well, I think we can all agree that the Wolves probably wouldn't make a Miller for Stack/Jones deal, but did you just say that Gerald Green is the most talented player on the Mavs? The same Gerald Green that three teams have basically given up on in the past 12 months? Really?
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#7 » by Wingman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:14 pm

I think he was trying to say that the average age is 40 except Green, because that is the only way it would make sense. They have one of the most talented rosters in the league, but they are too old.
foyeforever
Freshman

Post#8 » by foyeforever » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:29 pm

I would consider a miller for howard swap :D
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#9 » by Foye » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Sorry for the missunderstanding. I meant Gerald Green is the only really talented player which won't be too old in like 2 or 3 years. You could also argue about Bass but no others.

Of course players like Nowitzki and Kidd are way more talented than Green is...

Almost everyone on the Mavsroster who gets significant minutes is over 30. Howard is only 28 but I don't see him being around for long. He is a guy like Artest. He can be really good if he wants to but doesn't seem to be wanting at all (at least not in last years playoffs) I like Bass quite a lot. He brings a lot of energy of the bench and is still young but I don't think he is good enough to be a starter.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#10 » by deeney0 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:11 pm

idk about Miller for Howard, especially since realistically Howard would cost us another piece. They're the same age. Miller is the better shooter. Howard is the more well rounded, better on D. Without Howard's overblown pot/character concerns, Howard for Miller would probably be a good thing. But factoring those in, and the higher price, no thanks.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#11 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:28 pm

Im good thanks. Lets just keep Miller.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:54 am

im a part time mavs fan too..since i live innit. Stack and Jones are trash
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#13 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:23 am

BMF Jet Jaguar wrote:im a part time mavs fan too..since i live innit. Stack and Jones are trash

You live in the AA Center?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,008

Post#14 » by shrink » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:28 pm

chrisjacob wrote:hey im a mavs fan!!!

I can understand how you might make an offer like this. Stackhouse and Eddie Jones are expirings, and if you felt that MIN wasn't going to be competitive either way, you might think we'd be interested in adding $9 mil in expirings to coincide with another $16 mil we have coming off the books with Colling, Juwon Howard and Troy Hudson.

However, I think MIN is very happy to get Mike Miller. When Kevin McHale assessed the young talented team he put together last year, his biggest complaint was perhaps they were too young. At 28, Mike Miller is still young enough to be one of the guys, and old enough to have veteran experience the team needs. His multi-faceted game is a nice fit with a bunch of young talent where we don't know which positions will bloom and which will never grow. Miller's game can fit anywhere, including even coming off the bench. One of the other important factors in bringing Mike Miller here is that since he was born in South Dakota, he's always been thrilled with Minneapolis. That hasn't always been the case for us, and I hope Miller's attitude will futher improve team chemistry.

Anyway, I can see why you'd make the offer. Financially it makes some sense, and since Stackhouse and Jones are expiring, their ex-All Star-but-declining games would be OK next to MIN's youth. However, I think with all of the hidden benefits MIN gets from Mike Miller, that they'd pass on your trade. If I was to make a suggestion, maybe put a little more thought into your subject headings so readers can decide whether they want to read and post. Anyway, thanks for posting!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,008

Post#15 » by shrink » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:28 pm

chrisjacob wrote:hey im a mavs fan!!!

I can understand how you might make an offer like this. Stackhouse and Eddie Jones are expirings, and if you felt that MIN wasn't going to be competitive either way, you might think we'd be interested in adding $9 mil in expirings to coincide with another $16 mil we have coming off the books with Colling, Juwon Howard and Troy Hudson.

However, I think MIN is very happy to get Mike Miller. When Kevin McHale assessed the young talented team he put together last year, his biggest complaint was perhaps they were too young. At 28, Mike Miller is still young enough to be one of the guys, and old enough to have veteran experience the team needs. His multi-faceted game is a nice fit with a bunch of young talent where we don't know which positions will bloom and which will never grow. Miller's game can fit anywhere, including even coming off the bench. One of the other important factors in bringing Mike Miller here is that since he was born in South Dakota, he's always been thrilled with Minneapolis. That hasn't always been the case for us, and I hope Miller's attitude will futher improve team chemistry.

Anyway, I can see why you'd make the offer. Financially it makes some sense, and since Stackhouse and Jones are expiring, their ex-All Star-but-declining games would be OK next to MIN's youth. However, I think with all of the hidden benefits MIN gets from Mike Miller, that they'd pass on your trade. If I was to make a suggestion, maybe put a little more thought into your subject headings so readers can decide whether they want to read and post. Anyway, thanks for posting!
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:03 pm

klomp44 wrote:
BMF Jet Jaguar wrote:im a part time mavs fan too..since i live innit. Stack and Jones are trash

You live in the AA Center?

yeah dun.

ha no i live in dallas.
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves