And1: 0

New Wolves Unis 

Post#1 » by stop-n-pop » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 pm

Howler21
Senior

Re: New Wolves Unis 

Post#2 » by Howler21 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:21 pm

Honestly, I am liking both of them. The road one isn't nearly as bad as we were led to believe, still not sure whats up with the collar tho.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#3 » by Cyborg21 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:21 pm

I like them, look nice and fresh.
stop-n-pop
Sophomore

Post#4 » by stop-n-pop » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:29 pm

Cyborg21 wrote:I like them, look nice and fresh.

I was pleasantly surprised. I'm really liking the home whites with "Wolves" on them.
TheYounGunz
Junior

Post#5 » by TheYounGunz » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Crowd lovin it

Al looks pimpin in white. Miller would look better when he wears white shoes but overall i love them. Wish they would have shown the back of them though

Also the Wolves are opening an Online Store today which is WAY overdue. For sure will be getting one of those White Al Jefferson uni's
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#6 » by Wingman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Very nice! They made "Minnesota" and the numbers much bigger, Which I think was a major fault. This shade of blue still isn't great, but it looks better without a bright blue light shining from behind it.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Nice. Al looks studly in his. Miller's grunge look kind of clashes with the fresh unis but that's just him.
Sephiroth
Senior
And1: 88

Post#8 » by Sephiroth » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Not really feelin' the blue road jerseys. That shade of blue is just not cutting it for me - wish they'd go for a dark blue.

Also, not liking the neck design (the trees on the side neck) - it just doesn't go well with the new jerseys.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#9 » by karch34 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Much better.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#10 » by TMo519 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm

The Minny font on the aways was tweaked. I am loving these. The blue pops off better in the Mike Miller shot. And speaking of Mike Miller, nice kicks lol.

It says in the article "There will not be a black alternate uniform this year. It is a league rule that when you introduce new uniforms, you can't wear alternates for a year." Does that mean there's plans for some black alts next season? Cause I think that'd be tight.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#11 » by deeney0 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm getting a large Mavericks vibe from them, though. Too much green, not enough black. Overall I have no problem with them though. Not among my favorites in the league, but far from my least favorite.
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#12 » by collin_k41 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Better than we were led to believe but the whole collar area sucks. Otherwise, not too shabby.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:38 pm

Very happy with the changes from the Love leak to these. The "Minnesota" and the numbers on the Away jersey look much cleaner than before. Im happy with the changes.

Miller's kick's are fire!
reazun
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#14 » by reazun » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 pm

not bad, I aint feeling the green trees too much, but overall its nice and clean. i always liked the old wolves jerseys too. Its a lot better than when the Bucks changed their jerseys. Hopefully, the new jerseys will bring a fresh start and new feel to the team and that will translate into a successful season. The Hawks sure did a lot better since they got new jerseys and it brought a new feel to the franchise, which was needed because us in atlanta are always a little angry with the hawks front office. hope you have a good season. Al Jefferson and mike miller are both underrated. peace
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#15 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:24 pm

I know I hated the text in the first look we got of the jerseys but I'm surprised at how much of a difference it makes. These definitely look better. The away jersey is decent but I like the home. I think black would look better than all of these though. IT will take some getting used to but this is certainly better than what we saw before. Little changes do make a large difference I suppose.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#16 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:28 pm

I like the upgrade. I did see in the Wolves store that it isn't the howlin' Wolf on the back, but it still looks sharp.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
stop-n-pop
Sophomore

Post#17 » by stop-n-pop » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:51 pm

TMo519 wrote:The Minny font on the aways was tweaked. I am loving these. The blue pops off better in the Mike Miller shot. And speaking of Mike Miller, nice kicks lol.

It says in the article "There will not be a black alternate uniform this year. It is a league rule that when you introduce new uniforms, you can't wear alternates for a year." Does that mean there's plans for some black alts next season? Cause I think that'd be tight.
I asked about this and they (Wolves PR) said they are sure they will get an alt jersey back in the near future. The folks at the league office said the 1 year moritorium on alt jerseys is a marketing decision and that after that, most teams get alt jerseys. There was no acknowledgment of a plan for an alt jersey, but I think it's obvious that they will have one down the road.
stop-n-pop
Sophomore

Post#18 » by stop-n-pop » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:00 pm

deeney0 wrote:I'm getting a large Mavericks vibe from them, though. Too much green, not enough black. Overall I have no problem with them though. Not among my favorites in the league, but far from my least favorite.
I asked about the similarities to the Mavs and Hawks jerseys during the press call and the league's VP for apparel said that there is no conscious decision to have a league-wide template for this type of jersey: piping, graphic design below the arm, etc. They did say that the modern NBA jersey is likely to have a clean front with easy-to-read lettering. This doesn't leave much room for things like logos, pictures of mascots, etc. Basically, you have 8 inches above the bottom of the short and 8 inches below the arm to put in your flashes...along with the collar.

The guy from Adidas went into the type of fabric and how this uniform has a few different technical advances fropm the past jersey, and they also made a point of highighting the wooded bordering of the old jerseys in both the sides and collar, and they did so in a way that gave it all a layered look. But the graphic design on the sides is taken from the old border and it has the trees and sky.

I really like how they put "Minnesota" on the road jerseys. I suppose "Minny" would have been a bit much :)
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#19 » by funkatron101 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Still not a fan. Al at least picked the right size. Miller is swimming in his uni.

Here it is in black.

and in green.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#20 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Black and green look pretty cool. I miss the "Timber" in the uniforms through. Wolves looks kind of stupid considering the fact that we are the Timberwovles, not the Wolves.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves