Local TV Schedule

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,856

Local TV Schedule 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:03 pm

The Minnesota Timberwolves announced Thursday the team's local television schedule for the 2008-09 NBA campaign. Five games have been added to this season's schedule for a total of 75 Timberwolves games to be televised locally in 2008-09. The Wolves' over-the-air television schedule will feature 35 games on KSTC-TV, Ch. 45 and 40 games on FSN North cable and satellite package. The schedule will include 35 Target Center dates and 40 telecasts from the road.

The Wolves' local television schedule begins with the season opener on Oct. 29 vs. the Sacramento Kings at Target Center on KSTC-TV, Ch. 45 starting at 7 p.m. The FSN North schedule tips off on Sunday, Nov. 2 with Minnesota's first road game of the year at Oklahoma City (6 p.m.). FSN North also will air Wolves Live before and after every telecast, as well as Wolves Weekly, a half-hour weekly show featuring news items and stories about Timberwolves players and coaches.

"Through our partnerships with KSTC-TV, Ch. 45 and FSN North, the 20th season of Timberwolves basketball will be available to our fans through the highest quality of broadcasts possible," said Timberwolves Sr. Vice President of Communications and Chief Marketing Officer Ted Johnson. "With an exciting core group of young players, we will be providing our fans with more content than ever about our players and team during our broadcasts. Both KSTC-TV, Ch. 45 and FSN North are leaders in local Minnesota sports coverage and we are extremely pleased with our partnerships with both outlets."

Highlights in the Wolves' local broadcast schedule include both games against the Boston Celtics and former Timberwolf Kevin Garnett on KSTC-TV, Ch. 45 and FSN North (Nov. 21 and Feb. 1, respectively); both contests against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers (Dec. 17 on KSTC-TV, Ch. 45 and Mar. 27 on FSN North); both games against 2008 No. 1 overall draft pick Michael Beasley and the Miami Heat on FSN North (Jan. 13 and Feb 18); and all four games against Kobe Bryant and the L.A. Lakers (Dec. 14, Jan. 30 and Feb.22 on KSTC-TV, Ch. 45 and March 6 on FSN North).

KSTC-TV, Channel 45, the Twin Cities only independent television station, begins its fourth season as the exclusive over-the-air broadcast partner of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Along with the excitement of the NBA's Timberwolves, KSTC-TV, Channel 45 sports broadcasts include the Emmy Award-winning Minnesota State High School League Championship Tournaments, the NHL's Minnesota Wild and Saint Paul Saints baseball. Part of the rich broadcasting heritage of Hubbard Broadcasting, one of the only family-owned television groups in the country, Channel 45 is the station to turn to for top rated network syndication and local sports action. Reaching more than 1.7 million television homes, KSTC-TV, Channel 45, is also available on cable channel 12 (on most metro cable stations) and is carried on DirecTV and Dish Network satellite systems.

FSN North reaches more than 2 million homes throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota and telecasts nearly 2,600 hours of locally produced programming per year. The Emmy Award-winning regional sports network provides comprehensive coverage of the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves, MLB's Minnesota Twins, the NHL's Minnesota Wild, the NFL's Minnesota Vikings, the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx as well as the University of Minnesota athletic events.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/wo ... 80821.html
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Local TV Schedule 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:17 pm

so I hear via my daily trolling on the Portland board that the NBA is going to allow teams' websites to broadcast live games to the local viewers?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-100197 ... l?hhTest=1

The National Basketball Association plans to break a new barrier for U.S. sports leagues by streaming live games to local markets on the Web.

According to a story published Monday by the Sports Business Journal, the NBA plans to negotiate contracts for its member teams so they can stream live games to targeted local online audiences this fall. Bill Koenig, executive vice president of business affairs, told the industry publication: "We hope to have a model in place this season. Our opening up of the rights will certainly be done."
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:16 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:so I hear via my daily trolling on the Portland board that the NBA is going to allow teams' websites to broadcast live games to the local viewers?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-100197 ... l?hhTest=1

The National Basketball Association plans to break a new barrier for U.S. sports leagues by streaming live games to local markets on the Web.

According to a story published Monday by the Sports Business Journal, the NBA plans to negotiate contracts for its member teams so they can stream live games to targeted local online audiences this fall. Bill Koenig, executive vice president of business affairs, told the industry publication: "We hope to have a model in place this season. Our opening up of the rights will certainly be done."

how do they want to control it that there's only local audience? IP-check? if there's no such thing like IP check and it might work for me I'd be really happy
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#4 » by deeney0 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Or where you're signed up as your home address with NBA.com, maybe.
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#5 » by collin_k41 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:00 pm

So how far away would be considered local?? Probably only Minneapolis could watch it?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#6 » by Basti » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:50 pm

deeney0 wrote:Or where you're signed up as your home address with NBA.com, maybe.

so if I'd pretend to be a Minneapolis native I could watch it without any problems?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves