ImageImageImage

DEN trade

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

DEN trade 

Post#1 » by shrink » Thu Sep 4, 2008 2:29 am

I plucked this from the DEN board. Atkins makes $3,240,000, and $3,480,000 next season, and Varejao makes $5,784,480 with a $6,212,960 player option next year. Thoughts for our side?

youngcrev wrote:Denver Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Delonte West (S&T)
Jason Collins

Outgoing Players
Linas Kleiza, Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter

- Delonte would represent a big upgrade at the PG position, while Collins provides a solid defensive backup with an expiring contract.

Cleveland Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Linas Kleiza
Steven Hunter
Rashad McCants

Outgoing Players
Delonte West (S&T) and Anderson Varejao

- The Cavs continue to add more offensive firepower next Lebron. McCants slides into the starting 2-guard spot, while Kleiza eats up the backup SF and PF minutes.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Anderson Varejao
Chucky Atkins

Outgoing Players
Rashad McCants and Jason Collins

- The T'Wolves upgrade their front court, adding in a little defense to their rotation with Jefferson and Love.
JBoog35
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: DEN trade 

Post#2 » by JBoog35 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 3:18 am

No thanks, we have enough big's of his caliber. I want a superstar big or a legit 7 footer before I go and deal McCants. I'm not saying the value isn't there, Varejao just isn't the answer in my mind.
"Dude, all I am saying is we already have a starting RB, his name is Chester Taylor. Besides AP isn't that good anyways. I hope we draft McFadden." --Me after he broke the record.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#3 » by deeney0 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 11:49 am

I've always been fine with a AV for Shad swap.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Sep 4, 2008 1:07 pm

I'd love to have Varejao, but we need McCants more, thats my opinion. I smell break out season for Rashad. Rashanda too.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#5 » by Varejao17 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 6:34 pm

Varejão would be great... :D
props to C.lupus
Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Winter Wonder » Thu Sep 4, 2008 10:44 pm

I can see what this trade is trying to accomplish and can apprecaite the thought and effort, especially from the MN prespective. I just don't think I do it at this point even though value-wise it is not bad.

I had been pretty big on trading McCants and like what Varejao can bring to the table. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of this trade.... I think. Atkins is a reasonable back up PG for 2 yrs (key). Verajao is only 2 years at most (key). We have Collins (legit center?) as an expiring we are losing and McCants. Had this been offered prior to the big trade with Memphis I would have been all over it, but now it is not great for roster balance. I don't consider Anderson a center and we have Love and Jefferson as our 4/5 primaries. Additionally, what this do to Smith and his time? Verajao would take Collins minutes plus some more.

As stated by others earlier, a trade would be for a true center to help the bigs' rotation. Otherwise, we have a large number of players that we already need to play and this trade doesn't help in that.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#7 » by mandurugo » Fri Sep 5, 2008 12:01 am

Varejao is mediocre I guess, but I hate to watch him play. If I want to watch guys flop I'll watch soccer. He'd probably be more useful than Smith, but I wouldn't make even that trade.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#8 » by Varejao17 » Sat Sep 6, 2008 3:05 am

what about ginobili? he is the flop master, but I'd accept him wearing a twolves jersey...
props to C.lupus
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#9 » by shrink » Sat Sep 6, 2008 6:01 am

Personally, I'd pass on this deal, but I brought it over because I thought it was close, and it addressed needs. The problem for me ends up being that we add an extra year on both contracts. I think McCants and Collins have value here as well.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Sep 6, 2008 6:15 am

I just dont like the Varejao looks. I dont want him on this team based on that fact alone.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves