ImageImageImage

S. Livingston down to 3 teams, MIN one of them

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Re: S. Livingston down to 3 teams, MIN one of them 

Post#21 » by big3_8_19_21 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:15 am

I just don't see him ever staying healthy long enough to do anything, even if he does come back to full strength.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#22 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:20 am

Frozen316 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Livingston#Regular_season See the 2008-09 season stats and the team? :roll:

I'm conflicted because I like Shaun and Sebastian. So :-?
We would have great guard/sf depth though.

Quantity usually never equals quality
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#23 » by Basti » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Frozen316 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Livingston#Regular_season See the 2008-09 season stats and the team? :roll:

unless someonbe edited the article there is no 2008-09 season stats and team written in that box

anyway, I'd be glad to see him on our team. I'd give him a shot. as others have said it, it is a low risk/high reward situation.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#24 » by jpatrick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Somewhere in this thread it said that he wouldn't contribute much if anything this season; which makes sense for someone coming off a knee injury that was described as "catastrophic" when it happened. I'd love to sign him to a 2 year min deal with a club option for year 3. Let him ride the pine, rehab, maybe get some run after the all star break and if he comes back healthy next year, great; if not, not a big deal. I do not think we should be comparing him to Bassy, I don't see him being healthy/ready to take any of his minutes this year.

This kind of reminds me of another Livingston, Randy. I remember watching Randy Livingston as a frosh at LSU and thinking that he was going to be the best PG ever: explosive, dominating and a true PG. He suffered a knee injury and was never the same. Can Shaun still be a good NBA PG if he doesn't get all of his athletic ability back? I don't know enough about his game to make that judgment...all I know is he's tall, skinny, has a great handle, is a true PG and at the time of his injury, couldn't shoot a lick.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#25 » by deeney0 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:19 pm

jpatrick wrote:Somewhere in this thread it said that he wouldn't contribute much if anything this season; which makes sense for someone coming off a knee injury that was described as "catastrophic" when it happened. I'd love to sign him to a 2 year min deal with a club option for year 3. Let him ride the pine, rehab, maybe get some run after the all star break and if comes back healthy next year, great; if not, not a big deal. I do not think we should be comparing him to Bassy, I don't see him being healthy/ready to take any of his minutes this year.

This kind of reminds me of another Livingston, Randy. I remember watching Randy Livingston as a frosh at LSU and thinking that he was going to be the best PG ever: explosive, dominating and a true PG. He suffered a knee injury and was never the same. Can Shaun still be a good NBA PG if he doesn't get all of his athletic ability back? I don't know enough about his game to make that judgment...all I know is he's tall, skinny, has a great handle, is a trug PG and at the time of his injury, couldn't shoot a lick.

That's what I would be looking for too, from a cap perspective. Nothing more than 2 years should be guarenteed.
IcemanMN
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#26 » by IcemanMN » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:31 pm

I dunno guys -- I still remember Terrell Brandon and his endless rehab.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#27 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:55 pm

we wouldn't be relying on him for anything though, its just a gamble, you either make out like bandits if he recovers, or you lose money if he doesn't. On the court the team loses nothing.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#28 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:30 pm

I'd stay away from him. Livingston fits perfectly on paper, but that's the only place he'd ever contribute. The article says he needs to rebuild strength... but he never had NBA-caliber strength in the first place! If he was a little bulkier maybe he wouldn't have had the grotesquely massive injury that put him out in the first place.

In fact, this video should be required viewing for anyone who thinks we should sign Livingston:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kalIPs18BI

I certainly wish the kid the best, but I don't think he'll ever contribute to an NBA squad again. Telfair's a much better player right now, and for the next two years as well IMO.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#29 » by funkatron101 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:03 pm

That video made me grip my leg and go "OOOOOH"

Nasty.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#30 » by ManualRam » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:35 pm

jpatrick wrote:Somewhere in this thread it said that he wouldn't contribute much if anything this season; which makes sense for someone coming off a knee injury that was described as "catastrophic" when it happened. I'd love to sign him to a 2 year min deal with a club option for year 3. Let him ride the pine, rehab, maybe get some run after the all star break and if he comes back healthy next year, great; if not, not a big deal. I do not think we should be comparing him to Bassy, I don't see him being healthy/ready to take any of his minutes this year.

This kind of reminds me of another Livingston, Randy. I remember watching Randy Livingston as a frosh at LSU and thinking that he was going to be the best PG ever: explosive, dominating and a true PG. He suffered a knee injury and was never the same. Can Shaun still be a good NBA PG if he doesn't get all of his athletic ability back? I don't know enough about his game to make that judgment...all I know is he's tall, skinny, has a great handle, is a true PG and at the time of his injury, couldn't shoot a lick.

im a big SL fan. i dont think he'll ever regain the lateral quickness that made him such an intriguing prospect with huge defensive potential. to me , thats the aspect of his game that i dont think he'll ever regain. but outside of that, SL was never an extremely athletic player. yes he was agile and could cover a lot of ground given his combination of lateral quickness, footwork, instincts and length, but he was never one to jump over or blow by people. what shaun can hopefully regain is his tremendous feel for the game. becuz of that feel for the game, i think he can contribute in many more areas than just PG duty. personally i'd like to see him come back as a point forward or a straight up SF surrounded by shooters.

if he can get back to 80% of what he once was, i think he could be a tay prince type player with more creativity and playmaking ability. i'd love to see video of how he's been shooting. you'd think that at least that area of his game wouldve improved over the past yr and a half plus since that's basically all he could work on for the majority of that time.

im pullin for shaun. i saw that game where he got injured live and literally felt sick to my stomach for what seemed like days. i was a big clips fan at the time, but that injury bothered me so much that i kinda stopped watching the clips after that (well there WERE other reasons that i wont get into).

out of the 3 teams mentioned, ya'll seem like the best fit. there'd be no pressure for him to contribute this yr. he could eventually help you guys at either the 1, 2, or 3. even as a bench player i think he could be a part of your core going forward. his versatility, smarts, defensive mentality and unselfish play (imagine a healthy shaun and love whippin the ball around in the half court ) would be tremendous assets to your squad going forward. the kid really played like a young veteran when healthy and cut loose (which was a huge problem under dunleavy). as an SL fan, i hope he signs with the wolves becuz of the young core + the available opportunity.

im unsure if its a low risk, high reward move given shaun's lost potential. more like a low risk, medium reward. ya'll could do worse though. i hope minny gives him a shot.

either way, GL on your season. ya'll got a very intriguing bunch of nice fitting pieces. i'll be checking for your squad to see how they progress. :thumbsup:
Frozen316
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by Frozen316 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 pm

the_incredible_basti wrote:

unless someonbe edited the article there is no 2008-09 season stats and team written in that box

Here's the old page :E http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =238473021
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Basti » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:17 am

Frozen316 wrote:
the_incredible_basti wrote:

Here's the old page :E http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =238473021

oh okay. thx.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#33 » by Calinks » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:40 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... more_time/

Sounds like the Blazers may be the front runners. Livingston is waiting on their decision.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#34 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:50 pm

he better not sign with the blazers or else next time we see him on the court we send in Madsen and order him to sweep the leg
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#35 » by theGreatRC » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:12 pm

That new Article on the wiretap makes it seems like Pritchard has a Royal Flush, and every other GM is at his mercy while he's smirking knowing he has the best hand possible and controls everything.

Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Shox214
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Shox214 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:14 pm

There was an article on wiretap yesterday saying that Big Al, Foye, and Miller went to work out with Livingston with the coaching staff.
"Adam is so baked right now" - Jimmy Kimmel on Adam Morrison
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#37 » by casey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:24 am

theGreatRC wrote:That new Article on the wiretap makes it seems like Pritchard has a Royal Flush, and every other GM is at his mercy while he's smirking knowing he has the best hand possible and controls everything.

That sounds about right.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#38 » by revprodeji » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:39 am

Except the flush is not royal. The argument can still be made that while the blazers have very good depth and youth, they lack the alpha dog. Even Brandon Roy would be seen as more of a B+ prospect that has come close to hitting his ceiling. I know the hope is that Oden will be that guy, but we will need to wait.

Casey, are you a blazer fan this year, or a wolves fan? Just curious..
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#39 » by casey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:53 am

revprodeji wrote:Casey, are you a blazer fan this year, or a wolves fan? Just curious..

I go both ways.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Basti » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:31 am

casey wrote:
revprodeji wrote:Casey, are you a blazer fan this year, or a wolves fan? Just curious..

I go both ways.

let's split the question: which team do you follow by your heart and which one by your mind?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves