Michael Beasley

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Michael Beasley 

Post#1 » by TheFranchise21 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:22 pm

So as all of you probably already know, Michael Beasley was fined $50K for his involvment in the Rookie Symposium fiasco.

Now, this summer, I made a large argument for how Beasley was the best prospect in this draft and how he was the best fit for our team (assuming he was available for us to draft). I argued with some of you about how his immaturity/character concerns were overblown.

But today, I stand corrected. From what I've heard, Beasley was in the room smoking and apparently the marijuana was his too. Apparently, Beasley is a big pothead, which explains some of his stupid/immature behavior.

So when the hotel manager knocked on the door, Beasley hid in the closet and when the coast was clear, ducked out of the room and got away. But he opened his mouth and was telling everyone how he got away with it and eventually word got up to the NBA. So the NBA asked for his cooperation in the investigation and he refused. Eventually he admitted his involvment and that's where we stand today.

Now keep in mind this is a rumor, but I believe most of it to be true. If this is any indication of what kind of person he is going to become, I feel sorry for the Heat.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Michael Beasley 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:45 pm

would you trade Kevin Love for him straight up
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#3 » by Wingman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:would you trade Kevin Love for him straight up

I would...
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#4 » by TMo519 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Special kid, that Beasley dude lol. Chalmers' and Arthur's reputations took a huge hit on this (not that they're innocent cause they still broke the rules but I don't think they were smokin) and he should man up and apologize to them for that.
jack612
Senior
And1: 335

Post#5 » by jack612 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:44 pm

In a heartbeat.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#6 » by theGreatRC » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:55 pm

I would fly to Floridia, and carry Beasley to Minny myself if I had to.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:55 pm

Based on what I know of each I would. But, big caveat, I actually know very little about either. I don't really know if Love likes pot or not. I do know that he is at least smart enough to not do it during the Rookie Symposium (or at least smart enough to not get caught).

Edit: I stated this wrong. I would NOT trade Love for Beasley if I was Minnesota. I would if I was Miami.

Too much cold medicine for me.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,387

Post#8 » by shrink » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm going to flat out say it .. I think Beasley will be a bust. He won't be able to get his head around the work required in a successful NBA career.

That said, I'd trade Kevin Love for him, if I could immediately trade Beasley to CHI to pair with Derrick Rose for whoever I wanted off their team, starting with Noah.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#9 » by Basti » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 pm

shrink wrote:I'm going to flat out say it .. I think Beasley will be a bust. He won't be able to get his head around the work required in a successful NBA career.

That said, I'd trade Kevin Love for him, if I could immediately trade Beasley to CHI to pair with Derrick Rose for whoever I wanted off their team, starting with Noah.

you would have wet dreams thinking of all the possible trade scenarios right? :D
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,387

Post#10 » by shrink » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm

the_incredible_basti wrote: you would have wet dreams thinking of all the possible trade scenarios right? :D

Man - you know me too well! That last post took me 15 minutes .. 14 minutes looking at the other teams to trade to, and 1 minute to post.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#11 » by Basti » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:43 pm

shrink wrote:
the_incredible_basti wrote: you would have wet dreams thinking of all the possible trade scenarios right? :D

Man - you know me too well! That last post took me 15 minutes .. 14 minutes looking at the other teams to trade to, and 1 minute to post.

and the next nights you'll have a lot of trade-dreams to dream :D
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#12 » by AQuintus » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:03 am

shrink wrote:I'm going to flat out say it .. I think Beasley will be a bust. He won't be able to get his head around the work required in a successful NBA career.

Why would you want to trade for Noah? He's shown that he has problems with the mary jane, too. He was also a big part of the chemistry meltdown that chicago had last season. He's also shown that he doesn't exactly have his head around the work required to be successful with all of the skipping/ showing up late to practices and what not.

I would be all for trading for Beasley and then trading him away for other pieces, too. I just wouldn't want to trade one immature pot head for another older, less talented, immature pot head.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#13 » by revprodeji » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:41 am

Wait....so, I was right? At least so far?

:D
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#14 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:48 am

*Que Tony Reali Voice* Self Gratification gets you nothing!
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#15 » by revprodeji » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:56 pm

tf21---takes character to admit when you are wrong, even on a message board. I just wish Childress could do the same.

btw, I would not trade Love+Miller for Beasley.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#16 » by TheFranchise21 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Wow that is tough, Kevin Love for Michael Beasley? I would have to say yes at this point. I mean its still too early to give up on Beasley and you still don't know if Love's knees are anything to worry about.

However, the way Beasley is handling himself is scary. Kid has a ton of skill but just might not have the brains/mindset to be a dominating force.

Love/Miller for Beasley is easy; I wouldn't do it.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves