ImageImageImage

What about Bynum

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

What about Bynum 

Post#1 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 2, 2008 8:29 pm

If he doesn't stay with the Lakers, is it at all possible for us to give him the money he wants to play here. This is under the thinking that he has another productive year this year.

I hate how people overate him, but he is a good player, and i think he is an almost perfect compliment to Big Al. He plays D, rebounds and gets a lot of dunks and alley oops.

If we could then...

Foye
Miller
Gomes
Jefferson
Bynum

We would be a hard team to stop
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: What about Bynum 

Post#2 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Oct 2, 2008 8:38 pm

The Lakers cant afford to let him go almost as much as they cant afford to keep him. They'll pay that lux tax, i can guarantee that much
Mattya
RealGM

Post#3 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 2, 2008 8:40 pm

man they are gonna be loaded with salary

Kobe
Gasol
Odom
Bynum
Sasha
Radmonovic
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Oct 2, 2008 9:00 pm

Odom will be gone
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#5 » by john2jer » Thu Oct 2, 2008 9:10 pm

Bynum, although a nice player, doesn't really fit that well with Jefferson. They're both low post types. Wouldn't they just run into each other?

If Rasho Nesterovic had talent, he'd be a great compliment to Jefferson. High post game with a nice mid-range shot, can play defense and block shots. Remember, IF HE HAD TALENT.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Mattya
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 2, 2008 9:31 pm

I just remembered Odom was expiring, didn't care to edit it though

I still think they would be a decent combo, even though they are both better close to the basket, Bynum still has a lot of work on his footwork in the post, i see him as a Tyson Chandler on offense
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,426

Post#7 » by shrink » Thu Oct 2, 2008 10:35 pm

1. If we don't move Cardinal's contract, its unlikely we could get far enough under the salary cap to make a max deal offer.

Summer 2009

Al Jefferson $12,000,000
Mike Miller $9,880,957
Ryan Gomes $4,017,500
Kevin Love $3,401,040
Randy Foye $3,575,761
Corey Brewer $2,916,120
Mark Madsen $2,840,000
Craig Smith $2,300,000
Sebastian Telfair $2,500,000
MIN 2009 1st $2,300,000

Cardinal $6,750,000
--------------------------------------
$52,481,378 mil

+ Other 1sts ($1-$2 mil each)?
+ Carney? ($2,539,936)
+ McCants? (??????????)

2009 salary cap will be near $60 mil, so we'd have to move Cardinal and forego everything on the "maybe" list (and play with an 11-man roster) to make a $14 mil max bid. A miller + Cardinal for expirings + incentive deal gives enough room under the cap to consider this.

2. Even if we make a max deal, the Lakers would probably match. The front office even held onto Bynum when he wasn't playing as well, and Kobe demanded he be traded.

3. It isn't inconceivable though that Bynum will have had enough of Kobe. Nobody knows what selfish thing he's going to do over the next year.

I agree that they might clog a little on offense, but that's a problem that could be dealt with, particularly with Love on the team. Bynum is a good defender though, and that's precisely what Al Jefferson and the wolves could use.

How about a scenario where Bynum is injured in January and out for the season. Kobe squawks "Trade Him!" since the Lakers are leading the West. Do we go after him?
Mcfale313
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#8 » by Mcfale313 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 1:00 am

he is so overated............
I predict he's gonna be an injury prone guy.......he would never be the next Shaq, despite those baby shaq comparison...........
Sharman
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Sharman » Wed Oct 8, 2008 3:59 pm

Mcfale313 wrote:he is so overated............
I predict he's gonna be an injury prone guy.......he would never be the next Shaq, despite those baby shaq comparison...........

He won't be the next Shaq, but he'll be a perennial All-Star 18/12 Center for 12-15 years.

Lakers have already said he'll have his contract done by October 31.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#10 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 4:04 pm

yeah, it's way more likely that we get Pekovic to come over in a couple years than it is that we bring in Bynum.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,426

Post#11 » by shrink » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 pm

The Lakers have until Oct. 31 to sign Bynum to a five-year contract extension, though discussions with the team have been "few and not significant," according to Bynum's agent, David Lee. I just don't get it," Lee said. "I do not understand certain things that happen. Andrew has taken everything the Lakers have thrown at him, including criticism. He doesn't do anything to respond other than go on the court. He just goes on with his business." Lee is traveling from New York to meet today with Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak in hopes of working out a deal.

Bynum has said his surgically repaired left knee feels fine. He also said he didn't think too often about his contract situation. "I know that the Lakers take their sweet time doing everybody's deals," he said Thursday. "I'm just going to be patient and keep waiting like I am."

Said Bynum's agent: "It has to get done by the 31st. Otherwise there are, of course, consequences under the collective bargaining agreement." The lack of development in contract negotiations has left Bynum's agent frustrated. "I would say that's a fair assessment," Lee said. "Disappointed would be a better word than frustrated, but we shall see. Maybe it's premature. We will have a conversation [today] and then we'll see where it's going."

Calling the negotiations so far puzzling, Andrew Bynum’s agent will meet with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak on Friday in hopes of securing a maximum contract extension for the young center. Agent David Lee said Thursday he has not had any “serious” conversations with the Lakers since the summer, when Bynum first made known his contract demands. “We are puzzled that they have not reciprocated the loyalty Andrew has shown them,” Lee said.

“I don’t know why they would want to wait until the end of the season because that would be foolish,” Lee said. “There are consequences. They could lose him because he would become a restricted free agent.”

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=844403&start=0

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves