ImageImageImage

Sunday's Nuggets game in Bismarck

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,588

Re: Sunday's Nuggets game in Bismarck 

Post#41 » by shrink » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:05 pm

I theorized Madsen is starting because he will go to the right spots on the floor, and help the young group have one less thing to learn.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#42 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:09 pm

your theorizing is full of holes and I have the postulates to prove it!!!

Just kidding, it's right on the mark.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#43 » by C.lupus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I assume thats the point Wittman is making to Love though, that he's NOT a solid defender, so for all your talents at passing and hitting the outside shot, it starts with defense, so Madsen for all his offensive flaws is getting the nod as a superior defender. Love needs to take note, Madsen has nothing on Love in size or athleticism, but he's still a way better defender. If Love can add Mad Dog's defense and hustle to his game, he'll be ready to go. I know Love should be playing with Jefferson eventually, but I respect what Wittman's doing because Madsen is the better defender and he's always been good for team defense.

Agreed.

I think Madsen will play the role that Buckner played last year. Vet with little talent that starts in the beginning to a) show the rookie how defense is played in the NBA and b) show the rookie that the starting spot is earned, not given. Once Love is sufficiently humbled by being the bellhop and busboy for the vets, he will likely finish the season playing good minutes and Madsen will return to his role of cheerleader.
IcemanMN
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#44 » by IcemanMN » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:05 pm

McCants didn't play because he had the flu.
Love has a long way to go, and might actually benefit from playing in the NDBL! He needs to play, not sit on the bench.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#45 » by TMo519 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:29 pm

IcemanMN wrote:McCants didn't play because he had the flu.
Love has a long way to go, and might actually benefit from playing in the NDBL! He needs to play, not sit on the bench.

Calm down there lol, you don't send #5 overall picks to NBDL. He'll play at least 25 minutes a game I think, and probably will be starting by midseason. He just needs to probably learn to use his body for good, throw that body around a little more effectively and use his feet better with quicker, more athletic guys. Oh, and get those lbs he reportedly gained back off.
shrink
RealGM

Post#46 » by shrink » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:your theorizing is full of holes and I have the postulates to prove it!!.

A dermatologist cured mine. Cleared up my bad axioms too!

Part of me is glad that the wolves are rewarding Mark Madsen with pre-season starts, for his hard work on the floor, on the sidelines, in the clubhouse and in the community. However, I have to admit I'll feel a little embarassed if I'm in an airport somewhere, say I'm a Wolves fan, and be asked, "Hey, isn't that the team that starts Mark Madsen at center?"
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#47 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:13 pm

"yea, 2 time nba champion Mark Madsen!!!"
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#48 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:25 pm

"everybody here who was a 1st round pick by Jerry West and Phil Jackson raise your hand.....thank you. Now I believe you have a flight to catch"
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#49 » by AQuintus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:05 pm

I was actually at the game last night, and I would have to say that when I got home and checked the box scores, I was shocked. I definitely wouldn't have guessed that Foye had that many assists from watching the game, and to me that seems like a good thing. He definitely looked really smooth and natural running the offense, so all of his assists came from running the offense and not going out of the flow of the game to pad stats.

I don't know why McCants didn't play. Someone here said that he had the flu, but I got there about an hour early, and he was taking some warm up shots and looked fine.

As for Madsen, I don't know if he helped anyone with getting to spots on the floor, but what I do know is that he was easily the best defensive player on the floor for the entire first quarter. He played with a ton of hustle and it was really noticeable that he had some impact on Denver's offense.

I don't know if anyone here mentioned Brewer's stat line, 2-9 shooting isn't very good, but he certainly played better than the line shows. Almost all of his shots were good, open shots, there were a few forced at the end of the shot clock, but ,for the most part, he played within he offense. He was also able to get to the basket at will for most of the game, albeit Dahntay Jones was guarding him, and went for three or for nifty reverse layups in a row. It's just when he got to the rim, it seemed like he was still going a little too fast for himself and missed the shot.

As for the new guys, Miller looked great all night. He has definitely gelled well with the rest of the team and will probably be the team's go to perimeter guy. Love, on the other hand, didn't look so great. Most of his six fouls were really ticky tacky, and he probably shouldn't have fouled out. Even then, though, he didn't look good at all going against Chris Anderson, and it makes me wonder how he'll match up against even more talented and/or more athletic forwards. He also looked really slow going up and down the court. In fact, the only guy there that I would say looked slower was Nick Fazekas (and seriously, this guy ran like he had a broken hip).
shrink
RealGM

Post#50 » by shrink » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am

mayorhoiberg wrote:McCants DNP-CD details anyone?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolve ... page=2&c=y

Red Star wrote: Rashad McCants practiced Monday after missing Sunday's game because of a sore back. Wittman said McCants "tweaked" his back before the game and could have tried to play if it had been a regular-season game. "With a preseason game, it just didn't make any sense, " said Wittman, who added McCants' back remained a "little sore."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves