ImageImageImage

if my MN/NYK trade would work. MN/Mem

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

SpencerBusch
Sophomore
And1: 0

if my MN/NYK trade would work. MN/Mem 

Post#1 » by SpencerBusch » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:29 pm

If my new york trade would work. This trade will make this team a whole lot better!

Twolves trade:
Mccants
Brewer
1st rounder (protected obviously)

Mem trades:
Rudy Gay
Marc Gasol
2nd Rounder

This is will help the Twolves alot because i believe Gay is a upgrade from Mcants and it would give Miller and Gomes more playing time at the 2 spot. And we would have Marc Gasol who has loads of potential. We would have to trade a protected first rounder BUT we would get a 2nd back in return.

Gay is a established 20ppg guy who would help Al get the double teams off of him!

And it would give Memphis a guy who has potential to be a 22/5 assist per game player and a Lockdown Defense swingman in Brewer and they get a first rounder.

Twolves Lineup (If my earlier New York trade went through)

Al (Until we get a clear Center that can start and be effective)/Collins/Richard
Love/Gasol/Ewing/Rose
Gay/Gomes/Miller/Rose
Miller/Gomes/Gay/Ollie
Foye/Telly/Ollie

This would give us a roster of
Al
Madsen
Richards.
Love
Gasol
Ewing JR
Malik Rose
Rudy Gay
Ryan Gomes
Mike Miller
Kevin Ollie
Sebastian Telfair
and Randy Foye

and it still would give us a opprotunity to add 2 more people to the 15 man roster.
Howler21
Senior

Re: if my MN/NYK trade would work. MN/Mem 

Post#2 » by Howler21 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:37 pm

Even the Memphis secretary would hang up on whoever calls over ther with that proposal.
SpencerBusch
Sophomore

Post#3 » by SpencerBusch » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Atleast give me some reasons on how that is a bad trade? Now that i think about it even more it might not be to evenly fair. But what could make it a better trade?
Howler21
Senior

Post#4 » by Howler21 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Well, if I were them I would consider my trio Conley, Mayo and Gay untouchable. In this trade they give up their franchise player or a tremendous second option depending on if the potential star WE traded them (Mayo) becomes what hes supposed to.

We could consider working a trade for Gay built aroud Love but from their pov they figure to be in position to land Blake Griffin and keep their deadly backcourt.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#5 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:29 pm

LOL at Craigers being overlooked for Malik Rose. Gomes at the 2 will never work, he is a 3/4 tweener, not a 2/3. Ewing Jr. is a 3 not a 4 and Gasol is more of a true Center than Jefferson. Brewer will never be a 22 ppg player and McCants will never be a 5 apg type player so i dont know who you are talking about giving Memphis who potentially can give them 22/5, unless you mean Mayo, in which case shouldnt be considered here.

Gay is a 20/6 guy. In his 2nd season. You dont trade that for a protected 1st round and 2 players whose value are at their lowest point in their careers.

Not to mention Marc Gasol is a mid lotto-late 1st round talent himself.

Hate to be so critical, but this is such a one-sided deal.
SpencerBusch
Sophomore

Post#6 » by SpencerBusch » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:12 pm

I am sorry for forgetting Craig! But Malik Rose was packaged in a Trade that i made with New York for cap reasons.

Sorry for the crappy trade proposal. Im new geez people make mistakes.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#7 » by big3_8_19_21 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:42 pm

don't worry, it's an adjustment. You're definitely welcome here, but every new poster gets ridiculed for their proposals. We've all been through it. You'll get a good grasp on fair market value around the league soon enough.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#8 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:30 am

Indeed. It wasnt my intention to offend you or to come off like a know-it-all. I was just merely throwing my two cents in. I have been wrong more often than not. It happens. Glad to have you around.
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#9 » by skorff26 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Memphis would pass since to them Rudy Gay is there Al Jefferson and Gasol is there Perovic (except he is over here right now)
And also they would have little need for mccants since mayo is better than mccants is right now and they would much rather have gay at SF than Brewer, and finally our 1st would have to come way in the future because of the 1st rounder that we owe to the clippers.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#10 » by john2jer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:29 pm

Also, Gasol is definitely a true center, if for some reason McHale was able to get the entire Memphis organization drunk enough to accept this trade. Gasol is going to be a beast.

Memphis, once the kids develop chemistry together, is the Blazers of two years ago. They have the potential to end up downright scary good with what they have. No sense in trading anything away they have at this point. It would probably take Jefferson to get Gay, and obviously we're not trading Big Al away.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves