2008-09 Coach of the Year is...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

2008-09 Coach of the Year is... 

Post#1 » by john2jer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:34 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2008/news/story?page=Coach-081028

I need to get some of the good stuff that David Thorpe has been smoking.

And a sidenote. Reading through all these ESPN predictions, I gotta say Mark Jackson is an idiot. Greg Oden hasn't even played a game yet and he voted him for Defensive Player of the Year and has already enshrined him in the Hall of Fame. Pretty sure he voted Portland for winning the division as well. He must have gotten a part time job as at a marketing firm that represents Greg Oden.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Re: 2008-09 Coach of the Year is... 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:43 pm

john2jer wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2008/news/story?page=Coach-081028

Greg Oden hasn't even played a game yet and he voted him for Defensive Player of the Year and has already enshrined him in the Hall of Fame. .

It's called projecting, why do so many people have a problem with that? I remember when Robert Smith called Randy Moss a future Hall of Famer during training camp of his rookie season. He was right, and Mark Jackson might be right.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,601

Post#3 » by shrink » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:55 pm

Kevin McHale?

Doogie over at KFAN said he heard from a source that McHale wants to coach, and if Wittman falters, McHale might step in. I just can't see it. I think McHale likes to teach, but he's not up for the 18-hour a day workload.

As for these "Coach of the Year" things, if POR does great this year, shouldn't those accolades go to the front office, not the coach? I'm surprised anyone gave Randy Wittman a vote.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#4 » by deeney0 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Wolves could easily be the most improved team record wise, this year, despite Witt. If the Wolves somehow manage to sneak into the playoffs, RSW will get some COY votes, even if he obviously isn't all that great a coach.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#5 » by TMo519 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:41 pm

shrink wrote:Kevin McHale?

Doogie over at KFAN said he heard from a source that McHale wants to coach, and if Wittman falters, McHale might step in. I just can't see it. I think McHale likes to teach, but he's not up for the 18-hour a day workload.

As for these "Coach of the Year" things, if POR does great this year, shouldn't those accolades go to the front office, not the coach? I'm surprised anyone gave Randy Wittman a vote.

LOL, he coached those 17 games after firing Flip and was already done with it. Does he really wanna go back and try it again. I will say, I think he'd make a decent coach, that team finished like 13-4 with him and he's a great teacher.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,601

Post#6 » by shrink » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:55 pm

TMo519 wrote:
shrink wrote:Kevin McHale?

LOL, he coached those 17 games after firing Flip and was already done with it. Does he really wanna go back and try it again. I will say, I think he'd make a decent coach, that team finished like 13-4 with him and he's a great teacher.

Plus he had the power to kick you and your family out of town.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:03 pm

defensive player of the year is hard to predict w/ all the uncertainties and guys aging, but Oden is a big stretch. Not many rookies come in and dominate defensively. Actually, Caron Butler and James Posey are weird votes too.

No votes for Corey Brewer, what a bunch of Wolves haters!!!

Actually, call me crazy, but Andrew Bynum with no need to spend a bunch of energy scoring and gunning for a fat extension? DPOY candidate.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves