ImageImageImage

Improving now and the future MN/IND

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Improving now and the future MN/IND 

Post#21 » by TrentTuckerForever » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:04 pm

shrink wrote:I've long considered GSW to be a leading candidate for Tinsley, simply due to the fact that Don Nelson has done so well keeping talented but behavior issue players' heads on straight.

Right, AND they need a point guard something fierce (I'm not sold on Ellis as a FT point this year, and I doubt the Warriors truly are either.) Tinsley would help them right away while Ellis is out, and he could play alongside Ellis when he returns.

As for the rest of the trade, 4ho, it's not bad. I don't think Indy would give up Hibbert to bring back Harrington, though... I travel to Indy often for work, and from what I gather I think they're trying to make a clean break from those talented but immature teams built around O'Neal and Artest.

I would actually be okay with Harrington in MN, both from a basketball standpoint (another 40% 3 pt shooter to play next to Big Al) and because shrink's head would explode. I would do it to get Hibbert here... what about this deal:

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +6.5 ppg, +6.0 rpg, and +1.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Al Harrington
6-9 PF / SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
19.5 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 44.0 minutes
Roy Hibbert
0-0 C from Georgetown
2.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 6.2 minutes
Outgoing Players
Calvin Booth
6-11 C from Penn State
No games yet played in 2008-2009
Rashad McCants
6-4 SG from North Carolina
15.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 25.5 minutes
Jason Collins
7-0 C from Stanford

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -19.5 ppg, -9.0 rpg, and -3.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Jamaal Tinsley
6-1 PG from Iowa State
Outgoing Players
Al Harrington
6-9 PF / SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
19.5 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 44.0 minutes

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +13.0 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +2.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Calvin Booth
6-11 C from Penn State
Rashad McCants
6-4 SG from North Carolina
15.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 25.5 minutes
Jason Collins
7-0 C from Stanford
Outgoing Players
Roy Hibbert
0-0 C from Georgetown
2.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 6.2 minutes
Jamaal Tinsley
6-1 PG from Iowa State

Pacers use Hibbert to rid themselves of Tinsley (all they take back are expirings), and have a season to decide if they want to pay McCants to be their starting 2 guard. Warriors basically swap Tinsley for Harrington straight up. Wolves get Harrington (basically a better version of Gomes) to play off Big Al, and a center prospect in Hibbert:

Harrington/Gomes
Jefferson/Smith
Hibbert/Love
Brewer/Miller
Foye/Telfair

... with Carney still around to play spot stopper minutes off the bench as well. Oh, and shrink's head explodes.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#22 » by C.lupus » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:15 pm

TTF, was Miller supposed to be in your trade? I don't see him in the final lineup and MN isn't giving up any talent to get back Harrington and Hibbert.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#23 » by TrentTuckerForever » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:18 pm

^Yeah, edited. The original version of this trade had Madsen, should have been McCants... typo, but the salaries still worked! Anyway, it's corrected now.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#24 » by Basti » Sat Nov 1, 2008 6:16 pm

TrentTuckerForever wrote:I would actually be okay with Harrington in MN, both from a basketball standpoint (another 40% 3 pt shooter to play next to Big Al) and because shrink's head would explode. I would do it to get Hibbert here... what about this deal:

you, sir are so mean
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,002

Post#25 » by shrink » Sat Nov 1, 2008 8:23 pm

TrentTuckerForever wrote: ... and because shrink's head would explode.

So true. I laughed .. a little too maniacally.

TrentTuckerForever wrote: Right, AND they need a point guard something fierce (I'm not sold on Ellis as a FT point this year, and I doubt the Warriors truly are either.) Tinsley would help them right away while Ellis is out, and he could play alongside Ellis when he returns.

I agree also. However, with almost no team willing to take on Tinsley because of:

a. his injury history,
b. the third year of his contract
c. no need for his $19 mil contract
d. his off-court problems
e. all of the above

... that GSW would want a lot more. Al HARRINGTON has about neutral value .. decent, but not exceptional player on a decent, but not exceptional contract, that runs only two years. The Warriors also won't trade Al HARRINGTON without getting a profit, and Tinsley's a loss. We probably would need to toss in someone good, and find SF minutes for Al HARRINGTON to make the deal work for GSW.

I think the negative value Tinsley has could be counter-acted by Hibbert, but IND and Larry Bird won't make that deal. I don't know how he'd feel about Al HARRINGTON returning to Indiana, so I like that this deal moves him without returning him there.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#26 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Nov 2, 2008 5:04 am

shrink wrote:... that GSW would want a lot more. Al HARRINGTON has about neutral value .. decent, but not exceptional player on a decent, but not exceptional contract, that runs only two years. The Warriors also won't trade Al HARRINGTON without getting a profit, and Tinsley's a loss. We probably would need to toss in someone good, and find SF minutes for Al HARRINGTON to make the deal work for GSW.

I think the negative value Tinsley has could be counter-acted by Hibbert, but IND and Larry Bird won't make that deal. I don't know how he'd feel about Al HARRINGTON returning to Indiana, so I like that this deal moves him without returning him there.

HAHAHAHA. I dont really like the idea of Harrington here and I KNOW Harrington doesnt want to be here. Im not sure Indy bites.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves