ImageImageImage

How are recent former Wolves fairing elsewhere

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Cy32
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

How are recent former Wolves fairing elsewhere 

Post#1 » by Cy32 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:31 am

It seems some of the Wolves players who were given bigger contracts a few years back for fear that other teams would scoop them up and they would become great players don't even make a blip on the radar screen in other franchises.

Here are where some of the players are from the 2004-2005 Wolves roster.

Only Mark Madsen is still on the Wolves roster. Ebi, Hudson, Olowokandi and J Thomas probably are never to be heard from again. . .Erv Johnson no doubt needed to retire due to age and we probably won't hear any more of Sprewell unless he can't feed his family. I read a few months back his 5+ million $ house in New York was for sale so that should last him for awhile.

I read that Rivers said Cassell probably would not be seeing the court in favor of House and Pruitt who needed time even though the Celtics are the current championship team.

I could only find 4 other players who were on the roster the last game of the 05-06 season even on an 08 roster.

KG in Boston finally got his ring and is still KG.

The only player from the end of the 05-06 (that I could find) besides KG who has done anything since he left the Wolves is Anthony Carter. Carter started alongside AI tonight and played the 2nd most minutes on the team making 6-11 with 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals which he was always good at and only 1 turnover for 13 points.

Hassell didn't even make the active roster for the Nets tonight who beat the Wizards. So many thought he would be a starter about anywhere and he hasn't even gotten many minutes as a bench player on either of the other teams he has been on.

Wally has been injured quite a bit since his departure but has only been an off an on starter. Of course he made more points for the Wolves because he got the playing time but when he doesn't get much time he is an average bench player going 1-4 tonight with a 0 efficiency score.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: How are recent former Wolves fairing elsewhere 

Post#2 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:48 am

Thanks debbie downer. or maybe you are trying to show us what a bright future we have in store???
Cy32
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Cy32 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:07 am

No quite the contrary, I'm very happen with the current roster in case you aren't familiar with them those are players that no longer play for the Wolves and it shows some of the reason the Wolves struggled the last few years as some of them aren't getting playing time even on bad teams.

I have a list of 6 other players who were on the Wolves roster the last game of the 05-06 season. Mc Cants and Madsen are the only two players from that roster still on the team.

Banks and Blount are still in Miami.

Ricky Davis is with the Clippers and didn't have a very good outing off the bench his first game of the season. He did have 6 assists.

Michael Jaric didn't make the active roster in Memphis.

Dupree was in Cleveland but got waived recently.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#4 » by Tirion » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:07 am

Those 2000-2005 Wolves teams really sucked talent-wise.
It just shows how special of a player KG was to Minnesota, getting those teams into play-offs for eight straight years.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#5 » by Basti » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:44 am

I'm in no way defending Trenton Hassel here but I think one reason why he doesn't play a lot in New Jersey is the fact that they have some talent on the 2 and 3 spot and Trenton Hassel is too old to be considered a talent. I think his role in New Jersey is the same role as Greg Buckner's role was here last year.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#6 » by Calinks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:29 am

Gerald Greeen didn't get any burn tonight.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#7 » by revprodeji » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:03 pm

But I thought he was the new jordan/penny/baby jesus after his preseason? Maybe he is resting for us?
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#8 » by shrink » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm

Did anyone notice how Mike James fell off the map after we traded him? Houston dealt him to the hornets, where he was:

2007-08: 8.7 MPG, FG 34.4% 0.3 APG 0.33 TO on 2.7 PPG

Trading his $19 mil for three years for Juwon's $10 mil buy-out over 2 years, and removing his attitude was another good move.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#9 » by Worm Guts » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:31 pm

shrink wrote:Did anyone notice how Mike James fell off the map after we traded him? Houston dealt him to the hornets, where he was:

Everyone we traded from the 06-07 team fell off the map, except KG. Mike James, Ricky Davis, Trenton Hassell
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#10 » by Basti » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:40 pm

shrink wrote:Did anyone notice how Mike James fell off the map after we traded him? Houston dealt him to the hornets, where he was:

2007-08: 8.7 MPG, FG 34.4% 0.3 APG 0.33 TO on 2.7 PPG

Trading his $19 mil for three years for Juwon's $10 mil buy-out over 2 years, and removing his attitude was another good move.

but... but... Mike James is Michael Jordan, Tom Cruise and Jesus in one person...
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#11 » by the_bruce » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:21 pm

It's sort of hard to get minutes behind cp3!

As for the players, I think a ton of this is conditional based on the type of role the player is going to fill on the team.

A rebuilding team like memphis chalk full of guards doesn't really want to waste minutes on Jaric. Same thing with Hassell in NJ. If CP3 goes down James could see a major spike in minutes, and the hornets wouldn't be complaining since they'd have a somewhat competant guy to fill his shoes.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves