ImageImageImage

Game Two!!! Wolves(1-0) Vs. Mavericks (0-1)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

Re: Game Two!!! Wolves(1-0) Vs. Mavericks (0-1) 

Post#121 » by lewdog » Sun Nov 2, 2008 3:16 am

Vega06 wrote:Yeah i said this earlier.. Foye is trying to be someone he's not and his offense is suffering because of that..Also Jefferson played a very selfish game today and he was nowhere to be seen when we needed him. I hate how the only play we could run for Miller was that 30 foot chuck, This team will not improve with Wittman as coach

Exactly.
Jefferson looked like the "Black Hole" tonight. He needs to start trusting his teammates and quickly kick out a pass to one of the shooters.

Foye is a mess. Don't know when or why he lost his confidence.

On the bright side: Love and McCants are off to great starts.
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#122 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Nov 2, 2008 4:57 am

The thing I took from this game more than anything else is that Wittman still doesnt know what to do or when to do it. Foye/Ollie/Miller/Gomes/Jefferson is a horrid squad to have out at one time IMO. I see people are calling for Foye's head already. His assist to TO ratio was 6-1. Sure offensively he didnt look very well, but it doesnt seem like Witt is letting Foye be Foye. Everytime he brings the ball up he makes a pass and disappears. That falls on the coach. Foye missed a few layups that should have went in, but Miller didnt have a much better night shooting himself.

It seemed like Jefferson was scared to bang with Dampier and Diop. He didnt want to go up and throw a few fakes he just kinda seemed timid tonight.

Just my observations.
Shox214
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#123 » by Shox214 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 6:35 am

Wow, no one could hit a damn basket tonight besides Mccants. I like Miller...but I'm still waiting for him to go off on these threes that he's praised for.

Foye needs to step it up, like others have said it seems like he lost all confidence in his game. It was evident towards the end of the game when he had a wide open three but instead tried to drive and got his **** blocked.
"Adam is so baked right now" - Jimmy Kimmel on Adam Morrison
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#124 » by mandurugo » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:20 pm

lewdog wrote:
Vega06 wrote:Yeah i said this earlier.. Foye is trying to be someone he's not and his offense is suffering because of that..Also Jefferson played a very selfish game today and he was nowhere to be seen when we needed him. I hate how the only play we could run for Miller was that 30 foot chuck, This team will not improve with Wittman as coach

Exactly.
Jefferson looked like the "Black Hole" tonight. He needs to start trusting his teammates and quickly kick out a pass to one of the shooters.

Foye is a mess. Don't know when or why he lost his confidence.

On the bright side: Love and McCants are off to great starts.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what Al Jefferson you guys have been watching, but he never passes to his teammates. The only thing new tonight was that his shot wasn't falling.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#125 » by deeney0 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 3:50 pm

Al passed a lot in the preseason.
Vega06
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#126 » by Vega06 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 5:32 pm

Al was dribbling straight into double and triple teams and that only let to the ball getting stripped or him chucking up a bad shot. Not the Al Jefferson im used to watching
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#127 » by mandurugo » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:52 am

well, let's let the season play out. I don't think Al is going to develop in an all-around offensive player, but let's hope he does. I didn't see the pre-season or all of last season's games, but really I didn't think that the fact that he is a black hole on offense was up for dispute.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves