Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Min-Mem and/or Min-Cle trade 

Post#1 » by cpfsf » Sun Nov 2, 2008 9:20 pm

Trade #1
Minnesota - Craig Smith + 2009 second round pick (our choice)
Memphis - Javaris Crittenton

Trade #2
Minnesota - Rashad McCants
Cleveland - Delonte West

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,820

Re: Min-Mem and/or Min-Cle trade 

Post#2 » by shrink » Sun Nov 2, 2008 9:29 pm

I like the Craig Smith trade. MEM has three big young centers in Darko, Hadadi and Mark Gasol to help Craig Smith defensively, but struggle for low post scoring starting Hakim Warrick. On offense, Craig Smith could provide instant offense inside, and they could afford to give up Crit or Lowry.

For the second, I just think McCants is better than Delonte West. I think the season will determine his future here.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#3 » by Tekkenlaw » Sun Nov 2, 2008 11:13 pm

I'd do both of those trades.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Nov 2, 2008 11:35 pm

Why are we considering trading for another PG again? the Memphis deal is good. I like West but i would rather have McCants.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#5 » by cpfsf » Sun Nov 2, 2008 11:42 pm

I like Crittenton, but I think other teams could offer more. He reminds me of a young Marko Jaric. He may not be dating Adriana Lima, but he has a super attractive contract. I honestly would even consider throwing in the Houston pick just because his contract is good, he's young, has lots of potential, and he's versatile.

I want Delonte West just because we need some defensive help and there would be so many possibilities for the roster. I actually want to see Foye playing more at the shooting guard position (but not necessarily a full time shooting guard).

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#6 » by TheFranchise21 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:26 am

No thanks on Delonte.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#7 » by revprodeji » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:12 pm

I do not like either. Give Foye time and let Bassy show what he can do.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#8 » by cpfsf » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:23 pm

RS 07-08
26.9 MPG 14.9 PPG
2.7 RPG 2.2 APG
.9 SPG .2 BPG
2.29 TO

DW 07-08
31 MPG 10.3 PPG
3.7 RPG 4.5 APG
1.1 SPG .7 BPG
1.96 TO

I think this is a step in the right direction because one of the biggest holes right now is defense. West is underrated and would immediately have an impact since he's unselfish and would be a great defensive presence. I'm ok with Foye playing PG, but I don't want him to be a full time PG. I would much rather see Foye play more (if not the majority) of his minutes at the SG position. This roster change will give the Wolves more flexibility.

cpfsf
General Manager

Post#9 » by cpfsf » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:20 am

I just want to add some more quickly

I like Rashad McCants because he’s a great scorer. Being able to average above 40% from the 3 point line is something to put on a resume, but I don’t really see the need. Both Foye and Miller were able to accomplish the same thing as well, so why don’t we take one of our three +40% shooting guards and turn it into something we don’t have such a defensive minded point guard who can distribute.

Foye isn’t a pure point guard on a team that has plenty of offensive weapons. It just seems that the pieces don’t fit. I’m ok with Foye occasionally playing the point, but I prefer to see him play shooting guard. Billy Madison gave up hockey and he excelled in golf, I believe we’ll find similar results by switching Foye to the shooting guard position. I didn’t lose faith in Foye just want him to have a bigger role as a shooting guard and Telfair to have a bigger role at the point.
Furthermore, there is a lot of talk about Telfair being the starter, if this will be the case, than I see it as pointless to keep McCants as Foye could provide energy off the bench along with Gomes, Carney, and West.

Finally, how many players on the Timberwolves roster can actually play good defense? This brings me to the Javaris Crittenton. He can get lots of steals, he’s 6’5”, only 20 years old, a low risk high reward player, and he has a very affordable contract.

4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:56 am

cpfsf wrote:I just want to add some more quickly

I like Rashad McCants because he’s a great scorer. Being able to average above 40% from the 3 point line is something to put on a resume, but I don’t really see the need. Both Foye and Miller were able to accomplish the same thing as well, so why don’t we take one of our three +40% shooting guards and turn it into something we don’t have such a defensive minded point guard who can distribute.

Foye isn’t a pure point guard on a team that has plenty of offensive weapons. It just seems that the pieces don’t fit. I’m ok with Foye occasionally playing the point, but I prefer to see him play shooting guard. Billy Madison gave up hockey and he excelled in golf, I believe we’ll find similar results by switching Foye to the shooting guard position. I didn’t lose faith in Foye just want him to have a bigger role as a shooting guard and Telfair to have a bigger role at the point.
Furthermore, there is a lot of talk about Telfair being the starter, if this will be the case, than I see it as pointless to keep McCants as Foye could provide energy off the bench along with Gomes, Carney, and West.

Finally, how many players on the Timberwolves roster can actually play good defense? This brings me to the Javaris Crittenton. He can get lots of steals, he’s 6’5”, only 20 years old, a low risk high reward player, and he has a very affordable contract.

Happy Gilmore, but thats hardly the issue here.

Once again, I am on board with Critt, but dont for a second think he is going to come in here and get big minutes if any. He didnt get any with the Lakers, nor did the Grizz give him any sort of serious PT. Dont think he will beat out Foye, Telfair and Ollie.

I think Foye can still man the Point. Obviously he isnt a pure point, but i think there is still time to get this guy where he should be.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves