Game Thread: Twolves Vs. Spurs

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: Game Thread: Twolves Vs. Spurs 

Post#461 » by Basti » Thu Nov 6, 2008 7:39 pm

Calinks3 wrote:Telfair had a near double double off the bench. The man hasn't played a full NBA game since May of last season.

actually it was last March. remember his ankle injury?!
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#462 » by Great » Thu Nov 6, 2008 7:59 pm

Telfair is a player.

Looks like the Wolves could use a real SG.

Love is very good. Works hard.

I'm impressed with the Wolves.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#463 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Nov 6, 2008 10:46 pm

IcemanMN wrote:I also thought he played a good game, but not as a point guard. Most of the time, it seemed like he dribbled the ball up the court, handed it off, and moved to a spot on the 3 point line. Bassy was clearly the best PG last night.

This has been a recurring theme i noticed in the last 3 games that I got to watch "Dribble up court, one pass to likely Miller, Run to the right Wing, and done". It seems like Witt doesnt want to let Foye be in charge of initiating the offense, cuz the moment Telfair comes in he starts calling plays and telling guys to setup and where to be/go. Maybe its Foye, but everything makes it seem like Witt is hurting out youth.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#464 » by funkatron101 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 3:43 am

Right now the only sure things I see on the team are Love and Jefferson. I think they work well together, and Love is impressing the hell out of me.

Our perimeter defense is non-existent.

Winter Wonder was dead on. every time a screen was set, it was like watching it in slow motion. From our vantage point, we could see it coming, yet it seemed to surprise them every time.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#465 » by Frozen316 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:17 am

http://www.ehow.com/how_2066771_defend- ... tball.html
"Jump the ball handler. The player with the ball must be stopped. If the defender whose man is setting the pick does not step in front of him, he can either take an open shot or drive to the basket."

Seemed like our bigs were about 6 feet away from Tony almost every time.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves