ImageImageImage

Mikki Moore?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,824

Mikki Moore? 

Post#1 » by shrink » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:35 pm

SAC posters on the Trade Board say they have no role for Moore, and were looking to trade him. They describe him as not much of a rebounder or post threat, but a decent mid-range jumper, and a good defensive PF/C, as well as a nice help defender, particularly against the pick and roll. An independent poster suggested:

Moore for Cardinal + BOS pick

Moore makes $5.8 mil this year, but his $6.2 mil next season is only partially guaranteed, but no one knows how much he can be bought out for. For the sale of discussion, let's just say its $2.5 mil.

Would you make this trade?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,457

Re: Mikki Moore? 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:38 pm

Nah, he's old. Maybe he improves our team, but not enough to make the playoffs or do anything significant.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#3 » by dunkonu21 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:40 pm

I was actually thinking about Moore for the wolves today.

I like him a lot. He is athletic and passionate. He'd be great at C next to Al. We could start him and then have Love off the bench backing them both up.

We could give up Craig Smith and a pick for him. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#4 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:57 pm

Mikki Moore turns 33 tomorrow.
cmc32124
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by cmc32124 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:00 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Mikki Moore turns 33 tomorrow.

Looked much younger when he played us......

I think if we could get him for Cardinal and a the Celtics Pick, Y not?

We have about 3 1st's next year right? why wouldnt you give one up for a defensive C? Thats what this team needs! If we would have had a Defensive C that can rebound against the Thunder, we would have won by 15-20. AL cant get every rebound and he is getting so tired from trying that his D is suffering....

We need a C, NOW
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#6 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:07 pm

cmc32124 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Mikki Moore turns 33 tomorrow.

Looked much younger when he played us......

I think if we could get him for Cardinal and a the Celtics Pick, Y not?

We have about 3 1st's next year right? why wouldnt you give one up for a defensive C? Thats what this team needs! If we would have had a Defensive C that can rebound against the Thunder, we would have won by 15-20. AL cant get every rebound and he is getting so tired from trying that his D is suffering....

We need a C, NOW

Mikki Moore is averaging 1.3 rpg and doesn't have a block this season. Last year he averaged 6 rpg and 0.6 blocks. He's not a defensive center, he's an offensive center. I guess I don't see the point of giving away assets. Let's save our picks to grease deals that actually benefit us.
cmc32124
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by cmc32124 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:13 pm

i guess he has some work to do with his own D as well, but to get anyone in here with some height would be nice, and i still think thats what this team desperately needs.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#8 » by deeney0 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:14 pm

Moore has been in camp with the Wolves before. He's 33, but those tires don't have a lot of wear, he's spent a lot of his pro career on the bench. I wouldn't give anything up for him, though, so it's not much of a discussion.
shrink
RealGM

Post#9 » by shrink » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:19 pm

deeney0 wrote:Moore has been in camp with the Wolves before. He's 33, but those tires don't have a lot of wear, he's spent a lot of his pro career on the bench. I wouldn't give anything up for him, though, so it's not much of a discussion.

Cardinal is less than nothing though, since he's owed $6.75 mil next year.

I don't know Moore's game - just reporting what I heard. He seems to have done well against us the couple times I've seen him, but I agree -- its a defensive center that we need.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#10 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:27 pm

shrink wrote:
deeney0 wrote:Moore has been in camp with the Wolves before. He's 33, but those tires don't have a lot of wear, he's spent a lot of his pro career on the bench. I wouldn't give anything up for him, though, so it's not much of a discussion.

Cardinal is less than nothing though, since he's owed $6.75 mil next year.

I'd do it for Cardinal without the draft pick.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#11 » by C.lupus » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:31 pm

Hey, how 'bout Jason Collins? He has size and ability to play defense in the post. And, best of all, he's already on our roster so we don't have to give up any assets!!! He will be ready to play sometime this month so we can see if he has anything left. If not, he is an expiring we could possibly move later with another asset to get more talent.

John hollinger wrote:Scouting report: Collins doesn't rebound or block shots, but otherwise he's an excellent defensive center, especially against huge post players like Shaquille O'Neal and Yao Ming. He is an expert at drawing offensive fouls, drawing 28 in his limited minutes last season and finishing seventh in the league on a per-minute basis. Plus he's a very good help defender despite a lack of speed, simply because he knows where to be and gives a consistent effort. However, he's become increasingly vulnerable in transition situations due to his declining speed.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#12 » by revprodeji » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:53 pm

yea, Collins will fill that roll.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#13 » by skorff26 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:25 pm

I would definitely do this.

Mikki Moore could provide some veteran depth in the front court, and Mikki Moore's contract is unguaranteed next year according to shamsports.com

So, not only would we get an upgrade over cardinal, but we would gain a lot of cap room for next year (6.7 million - whatever moore is guaranteed (2.5 million as said in the 1st post)= 4 million more room in cap space) at the cost of a what will more than likely be a very low 1st rounder in a weak draft class.

And 1st rounders are usually bought for 3 million dollars, well we kind of would have sold a late 1st rounder for 4 million dollars of cap space and an upgrade in talent on our team
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#14 » by revprodeji » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:10 pm

hmm, if we do cardinal for Moore for cap reason i could do it.

I doubt Sac would.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
shrink
RealGM

Post#15 » by shrink » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:44 pm

revprodeji wrote:hmm, if we do cardinal for Moore for cap reason i could do it.

I doubt Sac would.

Maybe. SAC has Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas both expiring in 2010, so Cardinal would line up with that. Losing the salary now simply puts them in the financial dead zone that we face in 2009 right now .. just above the salary cap, but well below the lux. It still costs $'s, but its unusable cap space.

Late firsts have never been sold for less than the $3 mil max that the CBA allows, so their true price tag is $3 mil or more. This would cost them $4 mil, and they are certainly a team that needs to add youth.

The trade was made by someone independent of both teams, but to me, the value seems right for an expiring with a couple mil the following year. If we could get use out of Moore, that'd be a bonus.
hijacktheparade
Starter
And1: 4

Post#16 » by hijacktheparade » Tue Nov 4, 2008 7:19 pm

He didn't get a single rebound in twenty minutes last night against Philadelphia. Or a block. Or a field goal.

Perhaps worth it for the cap space though, as others have said.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,100

Post#17 » by Calinks » Tue Nov 4, 2008 8:23 pm

Mikki Moore is what I call a cockroach player. He's one of those guys who just pisses you off and is everywhere when you don't want him to be. These guys always work the wolves. Over the last few years there have been many. Off the top off my head, Mikki Moore, Danny Fortson, Ruben Patterson are all cockaraches that have pissed me off and manhandled us.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#18 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Nov 4, 2008 8:58 pm

and most recently Nick Collison
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#19 » by TrentTuckerForever » Tue Nov 4, 2008 9:00 pm

^Calinks' post is a lot more fun if you read "cockroaches" like Al Pacino in Scarface... "cock-a-roaches." Try it.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#20 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Nov 4, 2008 9:20 pm

it's even more fun if you read it like Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves