Gerald Wallace Trade Imminent?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,085

Re: Gerald Wallace Trade Imminent? 

Post#21 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:40 pm

If these still have him by the off-seasons and if they are still looking to move him we have a bunch of picks to throw at them for a deal. You toss in 2 really good first rounders and some good contracts/players and he could definitely wind up here. We should be able to buy him.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,802

Post#22 » by shrink » Fri Nov 7, 2008 9:18 pm

Here's an interesting take from a Bobcat poster

amcoolio wrote:Wallace is a "I want to do anything I want on offense and defense" kind of player. Thats not to say he is a bad player. He is very good. But that style won't jive with Larry Brown, which is why he is being traded while his value is high.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#23 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Nov 7, 2008 9:19 pm

better than a "I can't do anything I want on offense and defense" kind of player
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#24 » by ddb » Fri Nov 7, 2008 9:56 pm

McCants, Brewer, Foye, Collins, 1st round pick to Minny For Gerald Wallace and Ray Felton works in trade tracker and makes alot of sense for both teams.

For Minny it puts them in the playoff mix with a great young core of Big Al, Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Gerald Wallace, and Ray Felton. Wallace would be a great compliment to Miller and Big Al. Al down on the post, Miller gunning away from outside, and Wallace the slasher and defender. Felton gives you a nice PG combo along with Telfair. Great trade for Minny.

Why Bobcats do this. I think they realize that they're not winning with their current core. They need to free up cap space (Collins expires after the season) AND collect trading chips (Brewer, Foye, McCants, 1st rd pick). The trading pieces are all young players who are cheap. On paper they get the short end of the deal but in the long run this is a great way to rebuild. Plus they're getting rid of a long-term contract in Gerald Wallace. This philosophy worked in Boston. Ainge collected trading chips and found a way to bring in a couple studs in return. This trade creates logjams in the bobcats lineup but who cares? They suck! Next offseason is their REAL season.
They will have a couple picks, young trading chips, and money to play with.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,122

Post#25 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Nov 8, 2008 1:10 am

^ no way!
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#26 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Nov 8, 2008 1:56 am

What Alice, you dont want to see the Charlotte Timberwolves take the court??

I agree though, thats wayyy too much.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#27 » by andyhop » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:05 am

It may just be me but I wouldn't give up anywhere close to as much as most of these offers here.

Collins/Foye or McCants + one of Boston or Utah's 1st would be as far as I would go ,there is no need to oversweeten the pot of a salary dump
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,500

Post#28 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:02 am

Can a swap of Wittman and Brown be included as well?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#29 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:10 am

As much as it pains me to say this, Brown wouldnt be a better option than Witt, well, at least for this team. He would just try to trade all the young talent away for shi++y veterans and we would be in the same damn place we were in 2004-2005.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#30 » by TrentTuckerForever » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:51 pm

ddb wrote:McCants, Brewer, Foye, Collins, 1st round pick to Minny For Gerald Wallace and Ray Felton works in trade tracker and makes alot of sense for both teams.

Too young for the Bobs and Larry Brown, IMO. I agree with the Charlotte poster, Wallace isn't an LB-type player. You know who is? RYAN GOMES!

Keep McCants and Brewer, send them Gomes (who Brown would love), Foye (who backs up Augustin) along with Booth and Collins (cap relief) for Wallace and Felton. Gomes' BYC makes it a little screwy, but it works on the Checker after Dec. 15th, and leaves the Wolves with:

Wallace/Brewer
Love/Smith
Jefferson/Madsen
Miller/McCants
Felton/Telfair

...short a real center, but MUCH better on the perimeter (especially on D.) Plus two real PGs to get Al, Love, Miller and McCants the ball in the right spots. If Pekovic is as advertised he'd slot nicely in where Mad Dog is now, right? How is this a bad plan?
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#31 » by Basti » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:57 pm

TrentTuckerForever wrote:
ddb wrote:McCants, Brewer, Foye, Collins, 1st round pick to Minny For Gerald Wallace and Ray Felton works in trade tracker and makes alot of sense for both teams.

Too young for the Bobs and Larry Brown, IMO. I agree with the Charlotte poster, Wallace isn't an LB-type player. You know who is? RYAN GOMES!

Keep McCants and Brewer, send them Gomes (who Brown would love), Foye (who backs up Augustin) along with Booth and Collins (cap relief) for Wallace and Felton. Gomes' BYC makes it a little screwy, but it works on the Checker after Dec. 15th, and leaves the Wolves with:

Wallace/Brewer
Love/Smith
Jefferson/Madsen
Miller/McCants
Felton/Telfair

...short a real center, but MUCH better on the perimeter (especially on D.) Plus two real PGs to get Al, Love, Miller and McCants the ball in the right spots. If Pekovic is as advertised he'd slot nicely in where Mad Dog is now, right? How is this a bad plan?

the only thing I really dislike about this plan is that is not likely to happen. I assume we're not in the trade talks.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves