Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Another MIN/NJ 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:57 pm

Foye and Gomes for Lopez and Dooling

Heres my thought process. We might be giving up too much, I realize that. However, I think this would help our roster alot. If the thing GG5 said about Gomes is true, I think we need to ship him. He might be a good person, but he's struggling on the court. Plus, we already have Madsen to fill the good person role on the team. Dooling is someone who will accept his role on the team, and is a good defender. Lopez is the size we've needed for a while.

NJ gets the hometown kid, and a SF which they need.

A pick would be included from NJ.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: Another MIN/NJ 

Post#2 » by Basti » Sun Nov 9, 2008 12:20 am

it is arguable that NJ is giving up the best player in this deal in Lopez given the way Foye and Gomes played lately. so this means that they wouldn't and won't give up any further assets in such a trade.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#3 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Nov 9, 2008 12:33 am

Id rather buy low on Noah if possible then spend high on a guy that hasnt exactly looked great thus far. Not saying Foye and Gomes have been 20/10 guys, but Brook hasnt looked too good the few times i have watched him.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#4 » by the_bruce » Sun Nov 9, 2008 12:34 am

I still think everyone is a little to quick to dump Foye. His shooting hasn't been great and if he was shooting like he did at the end of last year, he'd be what 12\3\6?

The OKC game was bad but meh.

The FO should just roll with him for 10 games straight and see whats up.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Nov 9, 2008 1:01 am

I agree, im one of Foye's #1 supporters, his shot wasnt falling so Witt pulls him. Then yesterday, his shot was falling but to save face, Witt took him out after going 2-2 from 3PT not counting the one he was forced to throw up due to the play clock.

Let him be 6th man, play him 30 MPG until he gets back into his groove and go on with that.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#6 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 9, 2008 1:31 am

klomp44 wrote:Foye and Gomes for Lopez and Dooling

Heres my thought process. We might be giving up too much, I realize that. However, I think this would help our roster alot. If the thing GG5 said about Gomes is true, I think we need to ship him. He might be a good person, but he's struggling on the court. Plus, we already have Madsen to fill the good person role on the team. Dooling is someone who will accept his role on the team, and is a good defender. Lopez is the size we've needed for a while.

You aren't serious right?

The trade is pretty fair value, but NJ won't bite.

Lopez is nearly untouchable.

But what I'm talking about is NJ including a pick.

Lopez has just as much if not more potential then Oden and that is no exageration.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Nov 9, 2008 1:41 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
klomp44 wrote:Foye and Gomes for Lopez and Dooling

You aren't serious right?

The trade is pretty fair value, but NJ won't bite.

Lopez is nearly untouchable.

But what I'm talking about is NJ including a pick.

Lopez has just as much if not more potential then Oden and that is no exageration.

I think thats a slight exageration.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#8 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 9, 2008 2:00 am

Not really.

Brook has the potential to be a legit 20 and 10 guy that can anchor your defense and block 2 or 3 shots per game and at the same time you can run your offense through him for a decent amount of plays per game.

He is certainly no where near that yet, but he has showed signs of brilliance.
He is just way to foul and TO prone right now and hasn't adjusted to the speed of the pro game.
Typical rookie stuff.

By the way nice sig.

Great Outdoors?

Edit:Wait, Planes, Tranes and Automobiles?
I know it's John Candy damnit.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#9 » by Krapinsky » Sun Nov 9, 2008 2:30 am

I think the wolves would have to throw in a first to pry Lopez away, and even then it's probably not possible. Teams just don't invest a draft pick in a player, market him, and then turn around and deal him in his rookie year. If a rookie is going to be dealt, it's usually on draft day or soon thereafter. Furthermore, Brook has much more value than Foye based on the fact that he has an extra two years on his rookie deal.

IMO, Brook >>> Foye

Dooling = Gomes

Don't see why NJ would have to add a pick.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Nov 9, 2008 2:40 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Not really.

Brook has the potential to be a legit 20 and 10 guy that can anchor your defense and block 2 or 3 shots per game and at the same time you can run your offense through him for a decent amount of plays per game.

He is certainly no where near that yet, but he has showed signs of brilliance.
He is just way to foul and TO prone right now and hasn't adjusted to the speed of the pro game.
Typical rookie stuff.

By the way nice sig.

Great Outdoors?

Edit:Wait, Planes, Tranes and Automobiles?
I know it's John Candy damnit.

Yep. Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I wish i could fit the whole quote. stupid 255 character limit.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#11 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 9, 2008 6:12 am

4ho5ive wrote:Yep. Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I wish i could fit the whole quote. stupid 255 character limit.

Classic movie.

Probably top ten comedy of all time.

They don't make comedies like they used to, although at the same time I probably put Grandma's Boy, Happy Gilmore and Super Troopers in my top ten.
Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#12 » by Ojmayo » Sun Nov 9, 2008 6:25 am

Why don't we throw in all the organization, but Jefferson and Love for 4 other players? Organization would include everyone associated with the Timberwolves.

This would make me very happy, and so many others.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves