I know its the Blazers.... but we do have a game tonight

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Re: I know its the Blazers.... but we do have a game tonight 

Post#81 » by funkatron101 » Sun Nov 9, 2008 6:32 am

So, second pick in the draft this year? :P
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#82 » by AQuintus » Sun Nov 9, 2008 6:34 am

funkatron101 wrote:So, second pick in the draft this year? :P

Demar DeRozan all the way! :D
Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#83 » by Ojmayo » Sun Nov 9, 2008 6:44 am

funkatron101 wrote:So, second pick in the draft this year? :P

Second or first, but the same result will come in.

At 12:00am McFail will trade our pick for some guy like Luke Walton and some rookie for our guy like Tyler Hansbrough.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#84 » by the_bruce » Sun Nov 9, 2008 7:18 am

4ho5ive wrote:I also think we have seen the last of McCants this year. Even if he is not traded i dont think they are gonna go out of their way to sign him. Im not giving up on him, but it just doesnt seem like he is gonna be here long. Anyone else get that feeling?

whats really sad is McCants was a big part of the reason the wolves were up in the 1st half he was 6 of 9 and 13 pts at the half. Then we started seeing these crazy lineups gomes + madsen + cookie? In various forms and probably all at once!!!

The brewer + al + love + Miler + bassy\foye based lineups were doing very well. I dont even know what was going on the 2nd half.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#85 » by DmoneyH3 » Sun Nov 9, 2008 7:38 am

Does McCants play badly or something? Everytime he plays in the Rose Gardenm he kid can't miss. Is he one of those inconsistent types who just has his days or is he showing any progress? He seems like he could be a Barbosa-type player off of the bench. Is he a locker room killer?

Foye looked good tonight. Honestly, I don't see All-Star out of him, but Jason Terry would be a nice benchmark. He seems to have a sweet stroke, but I think he should look to drive more.

Al Jeff is a beast. I do think he needs a elite wing to compliment him in a inside-out dynamic duo. I am hopeful Oden will be able to power him up a little more than Przy who looked outmuscled tonight.

I wasn't overly impressed with Love tonight, and that is not because he didn't make a field goal. I think he would be a fantastic player if he played in the 80's, but players are just too physically gifted with their athleticism, and he doesn't look fleet of foot. A few plays he grabbed the offensive board, but just didn't have the jumping ability to get it over the defender.

I really think you're in need of new management, The last three drafts have not been kind to you as Wolves fans. You guys are my 2nd fv team in the division so I hope you can get it together and right the ship.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,122

Post#86 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Nov 9, 2008 9:02 am

if love made that shot, you would be impressed....

very nice complements btw. good luck this season!
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
kevinbs
Junior
And1: 0

Post#87 » by kevinbs » Sun Nov 9, 2008 1:14 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:
4ho5ive wrote:I also think we have seen the last of McCants this year. Even if he is not traded i dont think they are gonna go out of their way to sign him. Im not giving up on him, but it just doesnt seem like he is gonna be here long. Anyone else get that feeling?

whats really sad is McCants was a big part of the reason the wolves were up in the 1st half he was 6 of 9 and 13 pts at the half. Then we started seeing these crazy lineups gomes + madsen + cookie? In various forms and probably all at once!!!

The brewer + al + love + Miler + bassy\foye based lineups were doing very well. I dont even know what was going on the 2nd half.

Replace Miller with Carney then you would have an athletic line for the ages......
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#88 » by mandurugo » Sun Nov 9, 2008 2:08 pm

kevinbs wrote:
bruceallen61 wrote:

Replace Miller with Carney then you would have an athletic line for the ages......

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone describe Jefferson, Love and/or Telfair/Foye that way before. But Brewer and Carney are pretty athletic...
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#89 » by C.lupus » Sun Nov 9, 2008 2:30 pm

This loss was frustrating because we could have and should have won. But I don't feel too bad about it because they at least resembled a team, unlike the SAC game. There was good ball movement and a lot of good looks and shots that just didn't fall. Can't complain too much about that.

Yeah, I had the same thought last night. I think he is gone after this season. Hopefully we can get something for him instead of just letting him walk.

DmoneyH3 wrote:Does McCants play badly or something? Everytime he plays in the Rose Gardenm he kid can't miss. Is he one of those inconsistent types who just has his days or is he showing any progress? He seems like he could be a Barbosa-type player off of the bench. Is he a locker room killer?

Foye looked good tonight. Honestly, I don't see All-Star out of him, but Jason Terry would be a nice benchmark. He seems to have a sweet stroke, but I think he should look to drive more.

Al Jeff is a beast. I do think he needs a elite wing to compliment him in a inside-out dynamic duo. I am hopeful Oden will be able to power him up a little more than Przy who looked outmuscled tonight.

I wasn't overly impressed with Love tonight, and that is not because he didn't make a field goal. I think he would be a fantastic player if he played in the 80's, but players are just too physically gifted with their athleticism, and he doesn't look fleet of foot. A few plays he grabbed the offensive board, but just didn't have the jumping ability to get it over the defender.

I really think you're in need of new management, The last three drafts have not been kind to you as Wolves fans. You guys are my 2nd fv team in the division so I hope you can get it together and right the ship.

McCants can be an offensive machine but he doesn't play smart and he doesn't play good defense. He tends to pick up a lot of stupid fouls and turnovers. A good coach should be able to get more out of him, I thnk.

I disagree about Love. He isn't very fleet of foot but he makes up for it by playing smart and being agressive, something this team sorely lacks. I like his game alot. He had a subpar game last night but that is to be expected for a rookie.

I definitely agree that this team needs new management, or at least a new head coach.

Good luck with your season.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#90 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Nov 9, 2008 8:08 pm

this was a good loss, Wolves played good defense and limited the Blazers to perimeter shots, unfortunately Roy and Aldridge couldn't miss.

The only glaring negative was defensive rebounding, if they defensive rebound, they win the game.

Overall I was very pleased with the effort,though its frustrating to lose like that. The turning point was when Love lost an eye, I hope they're able to get it re-attached. After that, the Blazers took over the paint.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves