ImageImageImage

Okur, Blatche?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,824

Okur, Blatche? 

Post#1 » by shrink » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:06 pm

I was just doing a little reading this morning, and I'd like your thoughts on these two guys.

Okur has an early termination option on his $9 mil contract next season, so he could sign a long deal with whoever he wants next summer who's far enough under the lux. The ex-All Star has nice range all the way out to the three-point line, but his defense is suspect. 6' 11", 263 lb. 29 years old. Boozer could certainly be on the market as well this summer for a big deal, but I question his fit next to Al.

I also ran across a Wiz poster suggesting that they send the struggling Blatche our way (although he wanted Randy Foye for him). The kid has loads of potential, but this year he seems to have made a step backwards. I'm not sure if he could play center for us though.

Thoughts on these two guys?

EDIT: Also, here's a list of the Top Ten potential Free Agents for 2009 -- guys that could get out of their contracts, though will likely stay and get paid:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... nts-080915

Kobe (ETO)
Boozer (PO)
Rip Hamilton (ETO)
Jermaine O'Neal (PO)
Okur (ETO)
Turkoglu (ETO)
Jamal Crawford (ETO)
Curry (ETO)
Varejao (PO)
Al Harrington (PO)

ETO = Early Termination Option
PO = Player Option
Vega06
Analyst
And1: 0

Re: Okur, Blatche? 

Post#2 » by Vega06 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:23 pm

For either guy i think it depends on who's coaching the team next year. Okur seems like he would be a nice fit next to Al (offensively) but he doesnt fit the rebuild plan. When do we go into "win now" mode?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#3 » by C.lupus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Vega06 wrote: When do we go into "win now" mode?

We have to get out of "try to win tonight" mode first.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#4 » by deeney0 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:38 pm

This team has been in win now mode since the middle of last season. They're just not very good.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#5 » by karch34 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:30 pm

I like Blatche, but I don't think he's a C, so really doesn't fit with what we need.

I think Okur could fit nice as he has the size and some offensive ability. That said he's not a great defender and is older than I thought. I think it would have to depend on who else we have on the team at the time and if he's the missing C type we need.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Post#6 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 pm

The only difference between Okur and Kevin Love is that Okur has a couple inches, but Love is the better post player.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves