ImageImageImage

McCants about to be dealt to Charlotte?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: McCants about to be dealt to Charlotte? 

Post#41 » by collin_k41 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:06 am

This would be AWESOME if true. I think this would be good for McCants as well because he'd be going back to where he's loved and will have a chance to work out his kinks and maybe succeed in this league. But didn't Taylor say there were no trades on the table and he likes the team as is?? I guess that was a week ago and if this trade just came up in the last couple days I know I'd change my mind. This sounds too good to be true though.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#42 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:13 am

This FO has a wierd "knack" for doing the opposite of what they say publicly.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#43 » by PeeDee » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:52 am

I don't think we could trade our own first round pick until we actually own the pick... considering we owe the Clippers and all.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#44 » by Krapinsky » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:05 am

11/30/08 7:16 PM CT
Our source "HeHateMe" form KFAN's Rube Chat reported the info that the Timberwolves are trying to trade shooting guard Rashad McCants after he has fallen out of the rotation as of late. The Timberwolves have had discussions with the Bobcats about a trade that would send the former UNC star back to North Carolina where he is a fan favorite. It is not clear if McCants will end up with the Bobcats but the T'Wolves have had discussions with them. Stay tuned to TimberwolvePress.com for any breaking news on this possible trade.

-From Timberwolvespress.com

I wouldn't get your hopes up people.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,565

Post#45 » by shrink » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:27 am

About time we got a good trade rumor around here!

1. He_Hate_Me is a well-respected KFAN poster, so while its still a rumor, it doesn't have the automatic BS quality many rumors do.

2. Wallace is certainly a good player, but be careful not to over-value him. He is a big injury risk because of the all-out way that he plays. He is very hit-or-miss, and throughout his career has followed up a 25 point game with a 2 pointer. Finally, his contract is fair ($9.5 mil) but its risky because its long, running through 2013. We better be sure we want the 26 year old. He's 16-8-2 in 38 mpg, and here's his info:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/gerald_wallace/

3. This price-tag (with Brewer) is actually more expensive than many Gerald Wallace rumors. Wallace has been in many trade rumors for the a while here, and, obviously, he's still in Charlotte.

4. I wouldn't trade Brewer personally, He holds more value with us, or our hopes for him at least, than he holds in trade value. I'd be happy with McCants/Collins/protected 1st. I'd toss in Craig Smith if he was needed by December 15th.

5. McCants may have sat because a deal was close at one point. I wouldn't mind seeing him go, because I don't think he'll ever develop under Wittman, and I don't think Taylor will get rid of wittman any time soon. Using McCants in a trade is good for him, and good for us, since we may be unwilling to match offers for him next summer. CHA's front office may want to unite Felton/McCants/May to sell tickets. Personally, I'd be especially happy sending McCants to the Eastern Conference, because I still think he could blow up under a different coach.

klomp44 wrote:FYI, something productive came off of KFAN Rube that said Ollie is a possibility because Charlotte was ready to pluck him from us at the roster deadline.

Exactly .. I read that Larry Brown was hoping we'd keep Ahearn and release Ollie.
shrink
RealGM

Post#46 » by shrink » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:28 am

PeeDee wrote:I don't think we could trade our own first round pick until we actually own the pick... considering we owe the Clippers and all.

You're right, but I was under the impression the rumor refered to one of our many protected 1sts from other teams.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 688

Post#47 » by karch34 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:11 am

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I am hesitant to think McHale would because he overvalues his players a lot. Brewer has some potential, but it's still potential, while Wallace is the finished product offensively and defensively.

Wallace gives us a great swing and we get more flexibility in the lineups we can throw out there. Morrison is a player McHale liked and his shooting could make Miller expendable for an upgrade elsewhere.
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#48 » by prefuse73 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:31 am

I like it. Wallace,Felton,Morrison for McCants, Brewer and Collins + late 1st pick.

It may be possible that Charlotte will waive Collins and we can get him back. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing them take out Morrison and add Aijinca, or include Smith in the deal and add Aijinca. It would be nice to have a legit 7 footer to develop as well.

If the original deal is a go than we can roll out this:

C - Big Al (36) - Love (12)
PF - Love (16) - Smith (28) - Gomes (4)
SF - Wallace (36) - Gomes (12)
SG - Foye (16) - Miller (32)
PG - Felton (32) - Foye (16)

With Telfair, Carney and Ammo available for spot minutes. Wallace is essentially Brewer in 2 to 3 years (+20 pounds) I feel and Felton allows us to flexibility to use Foye in a few different ways. We will still be a young team, but more polished.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#49 » by TheFranchise21 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:18 am

Citing a poster from a message board is not a good look. I bet there is a little fuel to the fire but I'm not getting my hopes up. The only person we know who is legit is banks/kingly.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#50 » by Downtown » Mon Dec 1, 2008 7:46 am

I've got to say that I used to be a Ray Felton fan but I've come to the realization that he has reached his ceiling. Although a superb athlete he doesn't seem to get the nuances of how to play the game at pointguard that leads his team. I think Foye has as much potential as does Felton.

Morrison is fine if you want a one trick pony. Mike Miller is a good shooter too and I think it's a duplication for you guys to add Morrison.

Gerald Wallace is a tough one to figure. Unquestionable he is as good an athlete as there is in the league. He also get's hurt alot, and hasn't shown much in the way of leadership skills that seperates good players from really good ones.

I think Brewer is destined to be a very good sixth man that is valueable to every team he will play on. I would be very hesitant to let him go now.

While this looks decent on paper I don't know how much it improves the win column. Between Jefferson, Wallace, and Felton, not to mention Foye, I don't think there's enough touches for everyone. I can see a real one on one group rather than a team concept developing with that mix. The chemistry doesn't grab me.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#51 » by revprodeji » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:29 pm

The original rumor even says he is guessing. all he says is that we are trying to move shad. No crap.
Do not get hopes up.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#52 » by TMo519 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:11 pm

Not a fan of moving Brewer, but I would probably be okay with a deal like this. But in all honesty, I don't expect it to happen.
shrink
RealGM

Post#53 » by shrink » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:17 pm

revprodeji wrote:The original rumor even says he is guessing. all he says is that we are trying to move shad. No crap.
Do not get hopes up.

Good point. I just went over to the other website to read the threads, since He Hate Me is a legit poster, and all he said was that the wolves were exploring trades of McCants. The only reason he mentioned Gerald Wallace was because CHA has been actively shopping him as well.

Lots of teams are shopping players, answering phones to see if they can improve their team. There doesn't seem any legitimate reason to connect McCants with Wallace.
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#54 » by wolves_fan_82au » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:25 pm

so its basically Mccants/Brewer for Wallace/Felton & Morrison :-? something is def wrong there why would charlotte be that stupid ???

the idea for the wolves is to get as much talent as possible on this team so that when we are ready to make a run we can trade them off to a rabuilding team for superstars
Felton and Wallace would def help there along with miller so yeh no doubting this deal could really help us a lot
and who knows what morrison is really capable of
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito
RD&KG2
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#55 » by RD&KG2 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:50 pm

growing a poor mustache
"First of all I'd like to thank myself for all the hard work I put in"--Carmello Anthony.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#56 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:54 pm

did you know Gerald Wallace gets his shot blocked inside more than Kevin Love?

I thought that was pretty amazing. Then again, he is a SF playing PF.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#57 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:04 pm

shrink wrote:There doesn't seem any legitimate reason to connect McCants with Wallace.

Right. Wallace is a great fit in MN (where his athleticism and length would be a nice complement to undersized bigs Jefferson, Love and Smith, like Tayshaun Prince's role in Detroit.)

But what does Charlotte want from MN? The McCants UNC angle is played out IMO, especially with Larry Brown as coach. Expirings are good for the ever cost-conscious Bobs, but beyond that I don't see it.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#58 » by revprodeji » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:25 pm

Brown likes to take guys who he thinks he can grow and develop. Shad could be one of them.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
IcemanMN
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#59 » by IcemanMN » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:48 pm

Brewer is out for the season. Can he be traded while he's on the DL?

I'm not sure it's a good idea to trade guys when the coach is so clueless. I also don't see how trading Collins makes us better. We need a defensive center when we play teams like Portland and Phoenix.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#60 » by Worm Guts » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:54 pm

IcemanMN wrote:Brewer is out for the season. Can he be traded while he's on the DL?

He can be traded, but it will decrease his value

I'm not sure it's a good idea to trade guys when the coach is so clueless. I also don't see how trading Collins makes us better. We need a defensive center when we play teams like Portland and Phoenix

What does the coach being clueless have to do with trading players? If you can upgrade your talent then you do it. Don't worry about Collins, he can be replaced fairly easily. He's just a big body.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves