This team has stopped believing.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

This team has stopped believing. 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:16 am

I don't think these guys believe in each other or the system anymore. We used to be in every game but now we just look like we are going through the motions. I think the players are giving up. The culture is shot. Getting into a funk like this is very dangerous and wholly detrimental to a young team trying to grow.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
jack612
Senior
And1: 335

Re: This team has stopped believing. 

Post#2 » by jack612 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:19 am

good. I don't see how else they're going to get rid of Wittman.
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#3 » by collin_k41 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:22 am

I'll believe it. It's really hard for a young team to get through struggles without getting frustrated and giving up. It's evident that that's what's happening. Wittman is just making the situation worse by benching people all the time. Our guys don't believe in Wittman. We have to get rid of the fool.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#4 » by Basti » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:25 am

I really want us to concede a big fat blowout loss tonight or even better tomorrow vs the Clips in order to see Wittman finally getting fired. this is just horrible.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#5 » by TheFranchise21 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:34 am

*Queues up Journey...*
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#6 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:41 am

it's getting pretty crazy with this team

just playing with energy - contesting shots, rebound, go after loose balls - that alone will make you a .500 team, and we can't even do that

I can understand missing shots sometimes, but the laziness on defense in not aggressively going after the ball on rotations and loose ball situations and the absent-mindedness on offense in taking bad shots and making bad passes, forcing dribble drives......etc....wtf
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#7 » by theGreatRC » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:06 am

the_incredible_basti wrote:I really want us to concede a big fat blowout loss tonight or even better tomorrow vs the Clips in order to see Wittman finally getting fired. this is just horrible.

Wish partially granted
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Howler21
Senior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Howler21 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:06 am

Simply put, it is time for Witt to go and I don't see how they won't pull the trigger now that it looks like the team has quit. I think the Wolves have become what the thunder were with Carlesimo....a joke.

I have been a major critic of Brew but I am already missing him :-?
lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

Post#9 » by lewdog » Sat Dec 6, 2008 4:43 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
just playing with energy - contesting shots, rebound, go after loose balls - that alone will make you a .500 team, and we can't even do that

Man, you just described exactly what McCants refuses to do for this team.
It's pathetic that Wittman rewards McCants by giving him more minutes (27) than either Love or Gomes tonight with his continued nonchalant play.
I can't stand watching him on our team anymore. Please release him yesterday and sign somebody that cares (e.g. Kirk Synder?).
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:54 am

I didnt notice it till tonight against the Nets. But the players just dont look like they have much, if any, camaraderie. Al Jefferson looks like he is mad, and not that "Im gonna destroy the other team" mad, the " i cant believe i re-upped with this team and this is the coach they give me and this is the collection of talent im surrounded by" mad.

He looks unhappy. and that worries me. We need to do any and everything to make our guy happy.

The FO/Coach situation needs to be handled soon. I think Witt will be gone by seasons end, no way he is still around with a piss poor winning %. I dont think Taylor will do anything about McHale and i think he will still have a voice in this teams decision making.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves