ImageImageImage

Chris Broussard on why Big Al doesn't get Big recognition

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: Chris Broussard on why Big Al doesn't get Big recognition 

Post#21 » by john2jer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:16 pm

invno1 wrote:If it came right down to it I might do AJ for Westbrook straight up........

With all do respect, you're insane. That or you're a Thunder fan in disguise. I'm sure they have 1 or 2 fans out there, just not willing to admit it.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
invno1
Starter
And1: 9

Post#22 » by invno1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Yeah well the real humor is OKC might not do that deal as bad as they need a power forward.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#23 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 pm

I wouldn't expect necessarily to move Durant for Griffin, but I'd be counting on the OKC PR boost. Especially if we sweeten the deal w/ Brewer. Durant is good and all, but he's no Lebron or Duncan. He's touchable (hawt)

I'd play hardball even and call up the OKC owner and be like "look dude, I have no idea where Oklahoma is but I'm fixin to look at this map and trade Griffin to whoever is geographically closest to OK and we will snatch your fledgling fanbase up with the quickness and run you out of town on a rail"

he'll poop his pants then make the deal

Brewer/Griffin is no slouch package
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#24 » by PeeDee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:48 pm

To those who think we should trade Big Al:

He is putting up numbers that are almost identical to KG in the same year of his career. He's only 23. He's going to get better. He has the desire. He has a good attitude. He has an AWESOME contract. YOU DON"T TRADE THAT. The only way you trade Al is if he is a cancer. He's not.

And before someone jumps on my throat about the KG comment, chill. I know Al doesn't bring to the table what KG did defensively, but he is about 5 or 6 years away from his prime. And I would argue that Al has done what KG couldn't in crunch time... put the ball in the hoop.

Now only if our guys could get us to crunch time more often.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#25 » by fattymcgee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:12 pm

OKC is NOT going to trade Durant. Why would they give up Durant for the #1? They're much more likey to offer the #2-4 pick + other assets for the #1 pick.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#26 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:56 pm

OK then, Jeff Green + the #2 for the #1 if it makes you feel better

Or else just keep the #2 and draft Gani Lawlz, I'm sure he's just as good
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#27 » by john2jer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:OK then, Jeff Green + the #2 for the #1 if it makes you feel better

Or else just keep the #2 and draft Gani Lawlz, I'm sure he's just as good

What about Gnarles Barkley?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#28 » by Worm Guts » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:19 pm

PeeDee wrote:To those who think we should trade Big Al:

He is putting up numbers that are almost identical to KG in the same year of his career. He's only 23. He's going to get better. He has the desire. He has a good attitude. He has an AWESOME contract. YOU DON"T TRADE THAT. The only way you trade Al is if he is a cancer. He's not.

And before someone jumps on my throat about the KG comment, chill. I know Al doesn't bring to the table what KG did defensively, but he is about 5 or 6 years away from his prime. And I would argue that Al has done what KG couldn't in crunch time... put the ball in the hoop.

Now only if our guys could get us to crunch time more often.

When KG was 23, he finished 2nd in the MVP voting and the team made the playoffs. I'm not saying we should necessarily trade Big Al, I just don't want to miss an opportunity because we're overvaluing our players.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#29 » by revprodeji » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Looking to Move Al is horribly short-minded. Al and Love could work together we just need a legit coach to implicate a defensive system. Brewer to grow, A slasher at the 2 (hardin) and Foye to grow as a PG. No need to blow her up yet.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#30 » by Worm Guts » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:23 pm

revprodeji wrote:Looking to Move Al is horribly short-minded. Al and Love could work together we just need a legit coach to implicate a defensive system. Brewer to grow, A slasher at the 2 (hardin) and Foye to grow as a PG. No need to blow her up yet.

It's not short-sighted, it's being open minded. Al Jefferson isn't Lebron James or Dwight Howard, he shouldn't be untouchable. There may be trades out there for Jefferson that make this team better.
There's no system that makes Jefferson and Love a good defensive front court.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,836

Post#31 » by Zeitgeister » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
revprodeji wrote:Looking to Move Al is horribly short-minded. Al and Love could work together we just need a legit coach to implicate a defensive system. Brewer to grow, A slasher at the 2 (hardin) and Foye to grow as a PG. No need to blow her up yet.

It's not short-sighted, it's being open minded. Al Jefferson isn't Lebron James or Dwight Howard, he shouldn't be untouchable. There may be trades out there for Jefferson that make this team better.
There's no system that makes Jefferson and Love a good defensive front court.

I agree on all counts. I don't see Foye growing as a PG, he went to college for 4 years, and is in the 3rd year of his career. If he does grow into the roll, it won't be by very much. Although, I wouldn't be completely against a Foye/Harden backcourt because then you have two guys that can run the point part-time.

The Jefferson and Love frount court, will not work defensively. The bad thing is, that we have a lot invested into the front court offensively, but defensively they are too short and unathletic given the positions that they play. The only way I see that front court really competing is if we put some very athletic wing players around them and everytime Al and Love get a defensive rebound, we throw a full court outlet pass to start a fast break.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves