ImageImageImage

Would you surrender our Cap room to get Deng and Hinrich?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Re: Would you surrender our Cap room to get Deng and Hinrich? 

Post#21 » by Dewey » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:37 am

We NEED to address some help before the deadline. I gotta think we can use a pick (or two) packages with a crappy contract to lure a quality player with a less favorable contract. I think that's a chance we'll need to take at some point in the next 6 weeks. Once we make that one risky move, we'll have to hope things fall into place in the draft and off-season. Overall, I'd say 2 or 3 moves are necessary to get us back on track with a long-term building plan.

Alot also depends on how the FO views Gomes and Miller as long-term players. I think both are on shakey grounds for different reasons. McCants is likely gone by the deadline, and if Hinrich is available, dump Telfair/McCants/contract/pick and get him. Then, let Foye play more SG. Go after C in the draft.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
canucklife21
Junior
And1: 22

Post#22 » by canucklife21 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:09 am

i totally see the point in the last post about geting help down low however why would we draft love and use another high pick on a big man down low.. would be right if we didnt draft love but we did so drafting a big man shouldnt be in the plans however i wish it was
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#23 » by deeney0 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:06 am

Quite right. I'm not satisfied with the current front court as-is, but the backcourt is what has to be addressed first and foremost this draft.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#24 » by revprodeji » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:56 am

this is a strange thread due to multiple topics. let me give my insight.

1.) no deng deal. the age and drop off are a concern but more I honestly believe we should not make any deals until we have a new gm. let the new gm work with the limited tools of talent picks and space we have. no need to make a move until we have the vision

2.) hardin is taller than mayo. arms are likely longer too.

3.) did someone really complain about roy and mayo here

4.) the issue with this team possession is the 3 and 1 not the 4 and 5. get over the idea that love and al are the problem. canis has done great work on it. we need to add 1 if not 2 dynamic players to fit this. our wings do not get to the line or make jump shots. simple as that. offense hurts worse than our defense right now. adding hardin and marvin williams is the best case scenario but I am not holding my breath. if our 3 and 1 could get an average efg I would drink myself silly.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#25 » by deeney0 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:31 pm

Our front court doesn't get to the line either, save Cookie.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves