ImageImageImage

What happened to KG and the Celtics?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Cy32
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: What happened to KG and the Celtics? 

Post#21 » by Cy32 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:30 am

Cy32 wrote:
invno1 wrote:Cy, I remember you what had to be 2 years ago promoting Mayo. Did you watch any Love -Westbrook? college games? Is Mayo an Iowa kid?

Glad to see so many of you still here.

I don't remember where Mayo came from but not Iowa. I think he did change high schools maybe even to another state during his high school years. It doesn't say in his bio on his NBA player file where he grew up. I was watching him last year, not because I knew about him in high school but because I follow Tim Floyd teams. I remember Love from the times USC played UCLA but Westbrook didn't draw my attention at all even though there was talk about him probably being a high draft pick.

I shouldn't even follow Tim Floyd teams because I was really upset when he left Iowa State, but I like the way he can develop players quickly. That works better in college because where the coach is more in charge unlike NBA teams especially with young teams like the Chicago Bulls were when he coached there. He had players who didn't want to learn because some of them already thought they knew better than the coach. He got a bad rap for not being able to develop some players as quickly as some thought he should. He was the first coach for Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler & Eddy Curry and hence many years and many coaches later no one has been able to develop Curry into the player he could or should have been.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: What happened to KG and the Celtics? 

Post#22 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:19 am

Wasnt Mayo a West Virgina kid.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves