ImageImageImage

Miller disappointment (via hoopshype)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Miller disappointment (via hoopshype) 

Post#1 » by revprodeji » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:21 pm

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/narduc ... ectations/

Mike Miller, Minnesota. Somebody with the shooting ability of Miller who is playing more than 31 minutes per game should not be averaging below double figures in scoring. Miller has missed several games this season with an ankle injury, but he also hasn’t been aggressively looking for his shot. In a recent three-game stretch he attempted only 18 shots. Never known as a great defender, Miller has the ability to stretch defenses. He is certainly a candidate to be traded and should be able to help a contender.

Nuthing unusual here.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Miller disappointment (via hoopshype) 

Post#2 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Most of the guys on that list I would right off to aging (coupled with injuries in some cases). Miller is the biggest head-scratcher of the season to me. He just seems too passive, not sure why. But, as you said, nothing new or unusual here.

I wouldn't mind trying to pry Conley away from Memphis. He might do better in our system. He seems to be getting more expendable as time goes on.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:51 pm

yea, all the talent in the world but it would be a bad fit here. We need a bigger pg. Best bet for Conley is to get moved to portland with Oden.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:07 pm

revprodeji wrote:yea, all the talent in the world but it would be a bad fit here. We need a bigger pg. Best bet for Conley is to get moved to portland with Oden.

You've convinced me we need to go on a Holiday. He's the big point guard who'd pair well with Foye-tastic!
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#5 » by wolves_fan_82au » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:24 pm

i really dont think miller wants to be at the wolves ,i think its time for a trade
maybe something like Haywood or Thomas/1st for Miller/Pekovic/Mia 1st/utah 1st

washington Mcgee/Jamison/Butler/Miller/Arenas
wolves Haywood/Jefferson/Gomes/Foye/Telfair plus 2 possible top 10 picks
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by revprodeji » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Not just big, but also mature and defensive.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#7 » by shrink » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 pm

McHale was just on KFAN, and said that Mike Miller has had three fantastic practices where he couldn't miss. He mentioned how missing time with injury was bound to cause some problems with his shooting, but he wasn't surprised by the practices at all. Miller was back on the court more quickly than he normally would have been because he's "so good at so many things" and McHale listed his ball movement, experience, and rebounding.

I remain unconcerned that Miller will return to his traditional numbers. He's young and has demonstrated nothing but consistency his whole career (starting with ROY) before arriving in MIN, so I have no doubt he's going to be putting up more traditional Mike Miller numbers.

One last point that McHale mentioned, that probably affects Miller. He said that earlier in the season, players tended to stand around once they got the ball inside to Al, because he's such a reliable scorer. Now that the team is playing with more movement, that can only benefit Mike.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#8 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Scoring wise Miller has been a huge disappointment. Has he even cracked 25 points yet in a game this season? No way he should be averaging 9 PPG. That's ridiculous. If we have Al getting 22 PPG, Foye chipping in 18 PPG and Miller with 17 PPG we would be a much better squad.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#9 » by Basti » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:47 am

shrink wrote:McHale was just on KFAN, and said that Mike Miller has had three fantastic practices where he couldn't miss. He mentioned how missing time with injury was bound to cause some problems with his shooting, but he wasn't surprised by the practices at all. Miller was back on the court more quickly than he normally would have been because he's "so good at so many things" and McHale listed his ball movement, experience, and rebounding.

I wish we would have seen him continuing to not miss tonight

yeah practice is one thing and playing a real game is another but Miller is dead cold recently.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:50 am

Well we cant be mad at him for shooting. Dont complain about lack of aggressiveness if we are gonna complain about missed shots.

Not directed at you Basti just in general
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#11 » by Wingman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:15 am

Miller+Cardinal+Collins
for
Marbury+Nate Robinson
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#12 » by Basti » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:22 am

Wingman wrote:Miller+Cardinal+Collins
for
Marbury+Nate Robinson

no
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#13 » by shrink » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 am

I like your concept of gaining 2009 cap space, but NYK can't do a trade like that. They need all of Marbury's money off the books to get under the lux. If they did this deal, they wouldn't be paying $15 mil for Cardinal and Miller .. they'd be paying $30. If they were a contender this year and next, they might consider it, but probably not in their current situation.
bgassassin
Starter
And1: 0

Post#14 » by bgassassin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:18 pm

That's the Mike Miller I grew to love. Image
invno1
Starter
And1: 9

Post#15 » by invno1 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:33 pm

A Huh Grizzlies fans speak of Miller not being able to be clutch in any way as well. Not the guy that can be relied on when the game is on the line.
Child of Wonder
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#16 » by Child of Wonder » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Miller, McCants for Dalembert, Rush

Philly gets to improve their horrid 3 point shooting, rid themselves of Dalembert's contract, free up time for Speights, Hollins, and Smith. Wolves FINALLY get a defensive center who can block some shots and grab some rebounds.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#17 » by john2jer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Why would the Wolves want an overpiad moron? He doesn't put up crap for numbers, doesn't understand the game, and gets paid far too much for far too long to do it.

No thanks from the Wolves.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves