Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

tvwolves7
Junior
And1: 1

Loukas Mavrokefalides 

Post#1 » by tvwolves7 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Here is very recent article on Loukas Mavrokefalides:

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcu ... /42111/547

It sounds like he is not striving to join the NBA, but he has stepped up his game enough where I assume the Timberwolves might become interested in having him come over for the pre-season.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Re: Loukas Mavrokefalides 

Post#2 » by karch34 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:23 pm

Not sure what the deal is with Big Luke as far as interest coming over. I also wonder if we're really that interested in bringing him over.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:57 pm

classic late rd crapshoot. if he pans out sweet...he did not but we did not lose anything.

prehaps he is just happy with what he has in greece. no pressure.

do not confuse luke with pek. luke was a shot in the dark but pek is a legit nba talent.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:30 pm

AH HA! My theory proves right again. No one can pronounce his last name, hell I don't think Loukas can even pronounce it. That means he'll never make it in the NBA.

It's flawless logic.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Joana » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 am

john2jer wrote:AH HA! My theory proves right again. No one can pronounce his last name, hell I don't think Loukas can even pronounce it. That means he'll never make it in the NBA.

It's flawless logic.

Most fans don't pronounce Türkoğlu, Marčiulionis or Garbajosa correctly and that never stopped them from being decent. Anyway, you're right about Mavrokefalides, he's not NBA material.

Pekovic, on the other hand, you should try to bring ASAP...
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#6 » by john2jer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:58 pm

Joana wrote:
john2jer wrote:AH HA! My theory proves right again. No one can pronounce his last name, hell I don't think Loukas can even pronounce it. That means he'll never make it in the NBA.

It's flawless logic.

Most fans don't pronounce Türkoğlu, Marčiulionis or Garbajosa correctly and that never stopped them from being decent. Anyway, you're right about Mavrokefalides, he's not NBA material.

Pekovic, on the other hand, you should try to bring ASAP...

Actually we pronounce them correctly, it's Turkey-glue who can't pronounce it correctly. ;-) But seriously, do you think any NBA fan can find an even remotely close way of pronouncing Loukas's last name? My tongue revolts against saying it.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves