And1: 1

MN/PHI/POR/CLE 

Post#1 » by ChazzleDazzle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Trade ID #4955461

Wolves Give:
McCants, Smith, Madsen, Cardinal, Miller, Boston #1
Wolves Get:
Wally Szczerbiak, Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake, Jason Smith

Why for the Wolves: They pick up assets (Wally’s expiring, a possible answer at 3 (Outlaw) with 1 yr left, a bigger PG (Blake)) without giving up any of this year’s expirings, or any of our core.

Philly Gives: Andre Miller, Thaddeus Young, Jason Smith
Philly Gets: Eric Snow, Craig Smith, Martell Webster, Bos #1 Pick

Why for Philly: They move Miller for a smaller expiring, and in doing so add talent in Smith (who can fill in for Brand) and Webster, who should fit better next to AI2 than Young, once he’s healthy. The pick is just a bonus.

Cleveland Gives: Wally, Eric Snow
Cleveland Gets: Mike Miller, Mark Madsen, Brian Cardinal, Ike Diogu

Why for Cleveland: They add Miller for their playoff run, and some glue guys (Cardinal and Madsen) who can contribute more to a playoff team than a bottom feeder. They won’t get much burn in Cleveland, but they both have 1 yr left on their deals and will expire in time to allow Cleveland to funnel the money to LeBron. Diogu might not pan out, but he’s still young and they can try him out a bit…

Portland Gives: Diogu, Webster, Outlaw, Blake
Portland Gets: Andre Miller, Thaddeus Young, Rashad McCants

Why for Portland: Essentially they get weapons to help them make a push this year, without taking on any long term deals. They also shed a contract and clear away a bit of their logjam at 4, and pick up a big expiring in Miller, who they can resign if he fits or allow to walk if he doesn't. Young can pick up the slack from Outlaw, and McCants can at least score off the bench for them.
funkatron101 wrote:Yes Jungle is a word.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: MN/PHI/POR/CLE 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:47 pm

too good for Portland and MN, Philly especially - I think they'd move Miller, but they'll want something in return. Even if you take the Webster/Young part out I think Philly would still say no.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,978

Post#3 » by shrink » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Interesting idea.

I think CLE is a hold-up here. they probably want to hold onto Snow to trade him for some other potential need, or let him expire.
ChazzleDazzle
Junior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by ChazzleDazzle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 pm

I think Cleveland would be willing to lose expirings this year if it brings them a better shot at a title, so long as they don't take on contracts that run beyond LeBron's. How much easier would it be to resign Bron if he's won a championship with them?

I agree that Philly might not be getting enough love in this scenario. Think more picks swings it for them? I honestly do think that Webster, when healthy, is a better fit for their team than Young, but right now it looks lopsided the other way...
funkatron101 wrote:Yes Jungle is a word.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves