ImageImageImage

memphis trade

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

memphis trade 

Post#1 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:38 pm

wolves should acquire Darko using Cardinal plus Boston pick & rights to Pekovic. Craig can be thrown in if memphis want more.
Darko gives wolves a C that can block shots, rebound, body up big centers and hit a 15 ft jumper, plus his lateral quickness is better than both Al and Kevin. those 3 guys will provide a pretty good well-rounded PF/C rotation.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Re: memphis trade 

Post#2 » by Foye » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:42 pm

I wouldn't want darko on the wolves roster :)

Mike Conley is the only one I'd like of Memphis except for OJ and Gay who will not be traded
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#3 » by Worm Guts » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:43 pm

Nah. Darko's been in the league 6 years and hasn't shown any signs of being a solid player.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:44 pm

Darko has strongly hinted at heading back home when his contract is up, and he's always a bad hair day away from snapping on someone. I love his skillset, but that just seems like a lot to give up for such a short term asset. Although considering the Boston pick likely isn't going to get any burn and Craigers is hurt, it might be perfect.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#5 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Feb 8, 2009 9:00 pm

again the price is very low, all the players and assets going out don't have much value to minny, I know that Darko sucked in Memphis and wanted to go back to Europe, but a change of scenery can turn things around for him, plus before he signed with memphis he played well next to a dominant big (D.Howard), here he'll have a chance to play next to Big Al and Klove and it will take alot of pressure off him. and his skill set is perfect for wolves.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#6 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Feb 8, 2009 9:21 pm

Lets see, a 2010 expiring, a first round pick, a lottery potential big man, and a solid 2nd round steal as a throw in if they arent getting enough for a bust of a player whose only positive is his size, which he never understood how to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SguBaDSLFd0

Now im convinced, get him NOWWW
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#7 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Feb 8, 2009 10:06 pm

4ho5ive wrote:Lets see, a 2010 expiring, a first round pick, a lottery potential big man, and a solid 2nd round steal as a throw in if they arent getting enough for a bust of a player whose only positive is his size, which he never understood how to use.

or, we can look at it this way: a bad contract(cardinal), almost a 2nd rd pick (Bos' pick), a big with a skill set that doesn't fit here and may never come to nba(pekovic) and possibly Craig Smith(back up PF behind Love and Jefferson) for a Center that can be a great role player for this team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_41ck2B4c&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRVqctV9GN8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kui9nCLbdo&NR=1
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#8 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 8, 2009 10:25 pm

Cardinal cannot be reacquired by Memphis until July 1st, so for now this discussion is moot.

However, when the time comes, and depending how the draft shakes out, I would consider a Lowry/Darko for Smith/Cardinal deal. Maybe Wolves throw in a second. Wolves trade the best player and the worst player in the deal, so in my opinion it evens out.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#9 » by john2jer » Sun Feb 8, 2009 10:30 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:Cardinal cannot be reacquired by Memphis until July 1st, so for now this discussion is moot.

However, when the time comes, and depending how the draft shakes out, I would consider a Lowry/Darko for Smith/Cardinal deal. Maybe Wolves throw in a second. Wolves trade the best player and the worst player in the deal, so in my opinion it evens out.

That was my initial thought about July 1st as well, but I'm pretty sure that it resets on July 1st and since Memphis traded us Brian Cardinal before Jully 1st 2008, we can trade him back now. shrink's talked about this before, so he'd have to elaborate.

Even still, the more I think about it, no thanks on Darko.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#10 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 8, 2009 10:33 pm

john2jer wrote:
Dr.Krapinsky wrote:Cardinal cannot be reacquired by Memphis until July 1st, so for now this discussion is moot.

That was my initial thought about July 1st as well, but I'm pretty sure that it resets on July 1st and since Memphis traded us Brian Cardinal before Jully 1st 2008, we can trade him back now. shrink's talked about this before, so he'd have to elaborate.

Well the tradechecker definitely shut it down for that reason. Maybe it's wrong, but I doubt it.

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#11 » by shrink » Mon Feb 9, 2009 12:08 am

john2jer wrote:

That's right. The NBA year starts on July 1, but Cardinal was dealt on draft night, June 26th, if I recall.

I might do Cardinal + Craig Smith for Darko, but not much more than that. He's got great physical tools, but he's too inconsistent and too crazy for me.

Larry Coon wrote: A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30) unless the player has been waived.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#12 » by Tekkenlaw » Mon Feb 9, 2009 2:02 am

Who cares if Darko is going back to europe after his contract is up. Were we considering resigning Cardinal in 2010?
john2jer
RealGM

Post#13 » by john2jer » Mon Feb 9, 2009 2:17 am

Tekkenlaw wrote:Who cares if Darko is going back to europe after his contract is up. Were we considering resigning Cardinal in 2010?

Should we trade Craig Smith, a late 1st, and Nikola for the increase from Cardinal to Milicic? Keep in mind Milicic is still just a bad hair day from snapping.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#14 » by Krapinsky » Mon Feb 9, 2009 2:56 am

john2jer wrote:
Tekkenlaw wrote:Who cares if Darko is going back to europe after his contract is up. Were we considering resigning Cardinal in 2010?

Should we trade Craig Smith, a late 1st, and Nikola for the increase from Cardinal to Milicic? Keep in mind Milicic is still just a bad hair day from snapping.

I think everyone agrees the OP's offer is not going to happen. Pekovic cannot be had for anything worse than a top 15 pick at this point. Milicic is worth an expiring in return. If it's even money, say for Cardinal, then either a player with value, i.e. Craig Smith, or a later first could be added. Adding both or Pekovic is really pushing it.

rufus_thomas
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#15 » by rufus_thomas » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:10 am

grizzlies have bad enough attendance as it is; how do you think the few fans memphis has would react to taking brian cardinal back
hptmatthew
Senior
And1: 3

Post#16 » by hptmatthew » Mon Feb 9, 2009 4:47 am

rufus_thomas is right-there is no way that MEM takes Cardinal back. He's way broke down.

Maybe we would if you all would take Marko back...

..just kiddin'. ;)

Hope Big Al gets well ASAP, for real.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#17 » by TheFranchise21 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 5:56 am

james harden wrote:
4ho5ive wrote:Lets see, a 2010 expiring, a first round pick, a lottery potential big man, and a solid 2nd round steal as a throw in if they arent getting enough for a bust of a player whose only positive is his size, which he never understood how to use.

or, we can look at it this way: a bad contract(cardinal), almost a 2nd rd pick (Bos' pick), a big with a skill set that doesn't fit here and may never come to nba(pekovic) and possibly Craig Smith(back up PF behind Love and Jefferson) for a Center that can be a great role player for this team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_41ck2B4c&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRVqctV9GN8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kui9nCLbdo&NR=1

With that logic, Pekovic is almost a 1st rounder.

Why do some fans hold out hope for guys who clearly can't play? Darko is what he is. I would put Pekovic and his potential on the same level as Darko and his mediocre play right now. If it was the rights to Pekovic for Darko, I might do it. But throw in the BOS 1st and it's and easy pass like KG in the 4th quarter.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#18 » by revprodeji » Mon Feb 9, 2009 4:19 pm

Pekovic is the anti Darko. The guy is intense and tries to dunk on everyone.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#19 » by shrink » Mon Feb 9, 2009 5:44 pm

.. and for those that haven't seen crazy darko, this is the classic video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3j363H ... re=related

BTW, the word from MEM isn't that Darko is bad, but that he's incredibly unreliable. One day he'll look fine, and then the next two days he won't show up mentally.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves