ImageImageImage

The pioneer press sucks with wolves coverage?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

The pioneer press sucks with wolves coverage? 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Sun Mar 1, 2009 7:34 pm

I have been reading their sports section of the pioneer press for a few years now. I always enjoyed it. A few months ago we switched the the Star Tribune for a while. I hated it at first but I realized that the sports section seemed to have a lot of wolves coverage. After reading it for some weeks, I came to enjoy the multiple wolves articles very much.

We wound up switching back to the press and I realize, they don't cover the wolves for crap. The wolves usually get 0-2 articles on gameday and 2 the day after the game. The players don't seem to get many feature articles either. It seemed like the Star Tribune had a number of articles throughout the week and a generally more positive view towards the team. Does anyone out there read both? Does the Star Tribune do a more extensive job of covering the wolves like it seems?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Re: The pioneer press sucks with wolves coverage 

Post#2 » by deeney0 » Sun Mar 1, 2009 7:41 pm

People still get newspapers?
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Re: The pioneer press sucks with wolves coverage 

Post#3 » by B Calrissian » Sun Mar 1, 2009 7:47 pm

Yeah their nba coverage in general sucks. Earlier in the season they had a picture of a Wolves player scoring against Chandler and Richardson but they labeled it Jefferies and Richardson.. I emailed them and told them of their mistake and told them to keep up the good Wolves coverage. They probably didn't pick up on the sarcasam and took it as a compliment. So maybe I should take some of the blame for their bad Wolves coverage.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Re: The pioneer press sucks with wolves coverage? 

Post#4 » by Calinks » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:03 pm

LOL. Just after reading these articles on Gomes, Carney, etc. I am disappointed to bust out the press and see a couple of paragraphs about how the wolves suck and will probably lose tonights game. There was an article when Wittman got fired about how the wolves will be no better than what they have been this year and how we shouldn't hope for them to play well. It's just like, damn. Got anything good to say? At least the wolves don't get it like Tavaris Jackson though. I think he would get a a stake through the heart if he showed up a the PP offices.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#5 » by B Calrissian » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:33 pm

I never really noticed the Jackson hate. But then again I don't read many articles about the Vikings.

My main gripe with them for a long time has been their condensed box scores. When I was younger, before I had the internet, I would read the box scores of all the games everyday. Then one preseason they cut out half the stats (for nonWolves games). I shrugged it off thinking that they would go back to normal once the season started. I was wrong. It felt like a life changing moment at the time.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#6 » by Calinks » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:29 am

Okay... today they had NOTHING on the wolves. Not even a blurb. They can't wait until the NBA season is over.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#7 » by B Calrissian » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:37 am

Next they won't list the Wolves games on their calender. They will just have the whole week blank for a couple of weeks. Then they will just need to remove the Wolves logo to be done with them altogether.
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#8 » by jade_hippo » Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:02 pm

wow, yeah, i feel bad you have to pay for that garbage on paper. I started reading it on the web because where i used to live, the paper would always come the day after. it is funny reading about how great the other teams sometimes and how good players who have never played for us are helping us out this year, i miss hearing about how eddy curry's paint presence is going to open things up for KG and Eddie Jones
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#9 » by kandiking » Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:31 pm

The press sucks for all the sports teams with the exception of the "Wild"(whoever the hell they are).
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves