And1: 17

Re: Finish Khan's 17 month plan 

Post#81 » by skorff26 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:37 am

In-Season
1. Trade Gomes to Boston for Scalabrine, Boston 2011 1st

Draft
1. Draft Turner
2. Trade Flynn + Hollins to Indiana for Ind 1st + Foster
Why Indiana? They desperately need a PG and after Wall is gone, Flynn is by far better then anyone else there
3. Draft Henry with Indiana's pick
4. Draft Larry Sanders with Utah's pick
5. Draft Kalin Lucas in the 2nd round

FA Period
1. Trade cap space to NOH for MoPete, 3 million cash, 2012 1st
Why NOH? It would likely get them under or very close to the luxury tax line
2. Trade cap space to Philly for W.Green, 2011 1st
Why Philly? Likely pushes them under luxury tax line or gives them breathing room at least
3. Sign Pekovic

PG: Sessions/Lucas (Sessions is capable of holding down the fort until Rubio gets here, I like Lucas and think he could definitely be a backup PG in the NBA)
SG: Brewer/Henry/Ellington (Henry starts halfway through the year and provides outside shooting, Brewer is the defensive stopper that plays some SG and SF, and we have Ellington who can play as well)
SF: Turner/Brewer/Green/MoPete (Turner would be our stud wing player that we need and again Brewer provides a solid backup role)
PF: Love/Sanders/Foster (Love is a stud, I think Sanders would be a solid player as well, Foster could even provide some depth or be moved for another expiring + asset)
C: Jefferson/Pekovic/Foster (We have Jefferson here and he'll be completely healed, Pekovic is finally over here and we can see what he has)

-We would go into the 2011 offseason as very big players; we'd have cap space, Rubio coming over, and maybe 4 1st rounders that can be traded or used to draft someone we really like/provide depth (Cha, MN, Bos, Philly) + NOH 2012 1st as well that could be moved.
rourkem
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#82 » by rourkem » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Seth Curry has been playing good lately. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he get's in this season. Image
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#83 » by Feilong » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:31 pm

So that's how Kahn's plan from 2010 ends :)
LOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,939

Post#84 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:34 pm

What the?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,332

Post#85 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:04 pm

This thread is a hilarious read today and one of the reasons why I don't like speculating so much on this stuff. Some of these moves would have been disastrous. And LOL at so many people thinking we would win the lottery. Rule number one, if you are going to speculate on future wolves moves. Always assume the wolves will be in one of the worst two positions than can be in. If we are slated to pick 3 you got to bump that sucker back AT LEAST to the 4th spot. Never plan on luck haha.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#86 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:07 pm

He meant 17 year plan. We're right on schedule.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#87 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Calinks wrote:This thread is a hilarious read today and one of the reasons why I don't like speculating so much on this stuff. Some of these moves would have been disastrous. And LOL at so many people thinking we would win the lottery. Rule number one, if you are going to speculate on future wolves moves. Always assume the wolves will be in one of the worst two positions than can be in. If we are slated to pick 3 you got to bump that sucker back AT LEAST to the 4th spot. Never plan on luck haha.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the lineups in this thread made me laugh my ass off.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#88 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:22 pm

...and the winner of the thread is...

peltoff wrote:Fire Kahn.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#89 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Calinks wrote:This thread is a hilarious read today and one of the reasons why I don't like speculating so much on this stuff. Some of these moves would have been disastrous. And LOL at so many people thinking we would win the lottery. Rule number one, if you are going to speculate on future wolves moves. Always assume the wolves will be in one of the worst two positions than can be in. If we are slated to pick 3 you got to bump that sucker back AT LEAST to the 4th spot. Never plan on luck haha.

Some things never change. We are still debating Okafor vs. Towns in the draft prospects thread.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#90 » by cpfsf » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:42 pm

C.lupus wrote:

Some things never change. We are still debating Okafor vs. Towns in the draft prospects thread.

so who will be this year's christian laettner?

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Post#91 » by sheefo13 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 pm

I think the one move that should've been hopped all over would've been trading D-Will for Harden. I think the deal was on the table and we said no.
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#92 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 pm

You'd think I'd have given up by now, but no, I'd be absolutely thrilled if I woke up tomorrow and read that we traded for Aminu and signed Jarvis Varnado. I've been waiting like 12 years for Romain Sato too. It's Hachiko at the train station.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves