ImageImage

Basille To Buy Predators

MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Basille To Buy Predators 

Post#1 » by MAS » Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 am

After a failed bid to purchase the Pittsburgh Penguins, sources tell TSN the co-chief and executive officer of Research In Motion is negotiating to purchase the Nashville Predators.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=208661&hubname=nhl

I know the article says that he's just negotiating, but I'm hearing rumours through Hockeybuzz (from the Nashville media to be exact) that the deal is done and apparently there's a Press Conference tomorrow
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#2 » by DIEHARD_005 » Fri May 25, 2007 3:30 am

Good, its about frickin time that you American fans down south are stripped of your NHL franchises and they are brought into markets where they are appreciated. Nashville is just the starting point, within the next five to ten years the Florida Panthers, Atlanta Thrashers and Carolina Hurricanes will all be moved to places where they are appreciated. I'm not a huge hockey fan, but being a Canadian and seeing these teams play in empty arenas in stupid hockey markets is very irritating. Places like Milwaukee and Hartford which are cities where hockey could survive in the US are not given a chance but proven failures such as Atlanta are...Garry Bettman is an idiot! In a few years I hope I'm watching the Hamilton Predators playing at Copps Collesium! Sorry Nashville, you guys in all liklihood will lose your team to a city who will appreciate NHL hockey.
dfpink
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by dfpink » Fri May 25, 2007 11:26 pm

lol I love how nobody is posting here because nobody in nashville cares
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#4 » by Griff83 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:00 pm

DIEHARD_005 wrote:Good, its about frickin time that you American fans down south are stripped of your NHL franchises and they are brought into markets where they are appreciated. Nashville is just the starting point, within the next five to ten years the Florida Panthers, Atlanta Thrashers and Carolina Hurricanes will all be moved to places where they are appreciated. I'm not a huge hockey fan, but being a Canadian and seeing these teams play in empty arenas in stupid hockey markets is very irritating. Places like Milwaukee and Hartford which are cities where hockey could survive in the US are not given a chance but proven failures such as Atlanta are...Garry Bettman is an idiot! In a few years I hope I'm watching the Hamilton Predators playing at Copps Collesium! Sorry Nashville, you guys in all liklihood will lose your team to a city who will appreciate NHL hockey.

haha so harsh, but so true.
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#5 » by boogiesdad » Tue May 29, 2007 1:41 am

hockey is still new to the South......you must remember we very rarely have snow or ice in the South.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by MAS » Tue May 29, 2007 3:59 am

boogiesdad wrote:hockey is still new to the South......you must remember we very rarely have snow or ice in the South.

The fans have been picking it up in Nashville, but there's no corporate support yet.

However, you guys will be safe if you guys average 14,000 or more next year, then Basille has no choice but to stay for at least 7 years
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by MAS » Thu May 31, 2007 6:14 am

So it is looking more and more like the Preds are moving to Southern Ontario. Basille just activated his rights to put the Preds in Copps Coliseum if the lease is broken in Nashville

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article. ... 01140_2400

Interesting Quote:

Balsillie approached the city late last week through Toronto lawyer Richard Rodier. That led to a flurry of behind-the-scenes discussions, including a telephone call between Mayor Fred Eisenberger and Balsillie.

"He has assured me that he wants to secure a team and he is interested in bringing it to Hamilton," Eisenberger said Wednesday night. "Certainly he has the resources to do it and we will leave it up to him to pull it together."

If this is true, then we know his intentions
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#8 » by cb4_89 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:31 pm

i will leave the ducks and be a hamilton predators fan if this happens.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#9 » by timd1218 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:49 pm

dfpink wrote:lol I love how nobody is posting here because nobody in nashville cares

Nobody posts here because no one knows about the NHL forum. Look at the Pens board. I'm really the only one who posts there. The Pens are a very popular team as well.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?

Return to Nashville Predators